Who wrote this bit on Changa?

Title is "What Is Changa?"

And has the following sub-headings:

* Health, The Law and Plant Teachers

* Infusion

* The Changa Herbs

Here's an excerpt

* Health, The Law and Plant Teachers

The inclusion of alkaloids that can act as a MAOI in Changa means that certain precautions should be taken before consumption. While MAOI interactions with the alkaloids derived from Banisteriopsis Caapi and Peganum Harmala are reported to be not as common as with pharmaceutical MAOI's, it is still worthwhile to be aware of the various interactions and to take precautions before consuming any MAOI.

Changa would be considered illegal in any country where DMT has been scheduled, and therefore is likely to be confined to and consumed only where it is legal to do so. Religious use of Changa in rituals similar to those that use Ayahuasca as a sacrament may be exempt in some countries from the legal status of DMT.

The fact that Changa is smoked may make it easier for uninformed individuals to persecute the use of Ayahuasca based plant teachers as a medicine or sacrament. While freebase DMT seems to be very different from the experience of Ayahuasca, Changa has more of a spiritual and medicinal place in the world of Entheogens

would anyone know the link?

Does anyone know where the name comes from? Im guessing its an eastcoast hippy invention??

Does anyone know where the name comes from? Im guessing its an eastcoast hippy invention??

Pretty sure you're right about that...

Edited by -=IndigoSunrise=-

from what i heard it was an east coast lingo used to describe the particular sound frequency, or an interpretation of it, that was often experienced upon partaking of the smoke...

Here he is..so are you the man with the naming rights?

oh and who let passive into the medicine cabinet again... :BANGHEAD2::shroomer:

I believe the one known as "The Chocolate Beast" has the naming rights to "changa" :drool2:

Julian.

Looks like a new word has entered our vocabulary. :lol:

Its like Nangs, one of those universal psychedelic experinaces,.,...

ZZZzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiippppppppppp, CCCccccccrrrrruuuuuuunnnccchhhiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, Changchangchangachangachang

Edited by AndyAmine.

Ah good hit and one would be quite aware of the audio phenomena...but I always thought it was more of a

rrrrrrrrrrrwaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh wahhhhhh rrrrrrrreeeeeaaaa chanhchangchangchanga

Ah good hit and one would be quite aware of the audio phenomena...but I always thought it was more of a

rrrrrrrrrrrwaaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh wahhhhhh rrrrrrrreeeeeaaaa chanhchangchangchanga

haha for met the closest oral representation of the entry sounds for me has to be between 1:06-1:19 on this vid :wink:http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-27...99&q=trippy

Btw Simon Posford (Shpongle/Hallucinogen) will be in Melbs on December 8th... and I better not be the only freak there smelling of mothballs and drooling cactus juice everywhere fellas :lol:

Edited by benjahman

Btw Simon Posford (Shpongle/Hallucinogen) will be in Melbs on December 8th... and I better not be the only freak there smelling of mothballs and drooling cactus juice everywhere fellas :lol:

Fuck me!

Any info on further shows in other places.... i.e. Sydney :lol:

I've just done a quick search and it seems Shpongle has no offical site :huh:

Fuck me!

Any info on further shows in other places.... i.e. Sydney :lol:

I've just done a quick search and it seems Shpongle has no offical site :huh:

He's not playing in Sydney at this point. I think he's more likely to do a separate sideshow from the mediocre party he is playing somewhere in Melbs than he is to travel interstate (it's certainly been the case in the past). He's not announced as playing any of the large summer psychedelic trance festivals, and he would've been by now, this suggests to me he won't be hanging around all that long. He's supposed to be playing on the 15/16th of December in Tasmania though, with venue and exact date being confirmed this week.

Bite the bullet... give in to instinct and come down for it :devil: Fuck knows I'll gig-chase him around the continent for as long as he's here. There's work, responsibilities of all shapes and sizes and then there's hallucinogen. you pays your money and you takes your choice

Just in case you've forgotten why you should bother coming down.. a nice 12 year old track and music video :wink:http://youtube.com/watch?v=fH_8e9JYtRs

He'll be playing some newer stuff too.. oh and a shpongle set :wink:

shamanic trance.. 65% of the time it works.. everytime

He's not playing in Sydney at this point. I think he's more likely to do a separate sideshow from the mediocre party he is playing somewhere in Melbs than he is to travel interstate (it's certainly been the case in the past). He's not announced as playing any of the large summer psychedelic trance festivals, and he would've been by now, this suggests to me he won't be hanging around all that long

Sensory Overload feat HALLUCINOGEN & SHPONGLE LIVE

Friday 7th December 2007 - Monday 8th December 2008

Venue: Gaelic Club, The Gaelic Club 64 Devonshire Street, Surry Hills NSW

Time: 7:30pm - 6am

Visuals: 4 screens

Lighting: trippy

Sound: Nexo

ESP EVENTS are proud to present one of the true masters of the psychedelic genre – SIMON POSFORD aka HALLUCINOGEN & SHPONGLE live alongside Sydney’s best! There are many words to describe modern electronic music but none that come close to the wealth of emotion and experience that comes from listening to a Posford performance. Join us to experience a true artist as we prepare for you a night like no other!

HALLUCINOGEN & SHPONGLE LIVE – TWISTED RECORDS (UK)

With a career spanning almost 15 years, Simon Posford is one of the most recognized and respected artists of the psychedelic genre. His sound has become synonymous with the psychedelic experience and is considered the pinnacle of modern day psychedelic music.

His trance music (Twisted, The Lone Deranger)and ambient/dub releases (Are You Shpongled?, Tales Of The Inexpressable, Nothing Lasts But Nothing Is Lost) blew the lid off the musical scene that had built up around his influence. Simon is renowned for his meticulous production skills and this is characterised through the multi layered depth his music displays. Through pooling his talent from a host of worldly influences his sound is enriched with a certain unmistakable quality that is revered by psychedelic and electronic enthusiasts from around the world. Are you ready?

Be prepared for a level of production never seen before at a party in Sydney! Mind bending visuals by VJ GORA with new 3D screens, NEXO Sound, custom décor, ice sculptures and psychedelic lighting to enhance the experience

Ticketing info up next week. Limited numbers available. Early purchased is advised to avoid disappointment

Sensory Overload feat HALLUCINOGEN & SHPONGLE LIVE

Friday 7th December 2007 - Monday 8th December 2008

Venue: Gaelic Club, The Gaelic Club 64 Devonshire Street, Surry Hills NSW

Time: 7:30pm - 6am

Visuals: 4 screens

Lighting: trippy

Sound: Nexo

ESP EVENTS are proud to present one of the true masters of the psychedelic genre – SIMON POSFORD aka HALLUCINOGEN & SHPONGLE live alongside Sydney’s best! There are many words to describe modern electronic music but none that come close to the wealth of emotion and experience that comes from listening to a Posford performance. Join us to experience a true artist as we prepare for you a night like no other!

HALLUCINOGEN & SHPONGLE LIVE – TWISTED RECORDS (UK)

With a career spanning almost 15 years, Simon Posford is one of the most recognized and respected artists of the psychedelic genre. His sound has become synonymous with the psychedelic experience and is considered the pinnacle of modern day psychedelic music.

His trance music (Twisted, The Lone Deranger)and ambient/dub releases (Are You Shpongled?, Tales Of The Inexpressable, Nothing Lasts But Nothing Is Lost) blew the lid off the musical scene that had built up around his influence. Simon is renowned for his meticulous production skills and this is characterised through the multi layered depth his music displays. Through pooling his talent from a host of worldly influences his sound is enriched with a certain unmistakable quality that is revered by psychedelic and electronic enthusiasts from around the world. Are you ready?

Be prepared for a level of production never seen before at a party in Sydney! Mind bending visuals by VJ GORA with new 3D screens, NEXO Sound, custom décor, ice sculptures and psychedelic lighting to enhance the experience

Ticketing info up next week. Limited numbers available. Early purchased is advised to avoid disappointment

I stand joyfully corrected see you there :devil:

Mmmmm, nexo sound.

You lucky bastards

What's "nexo" sound?

And don't tell me to use the fucking search engine.

What's "nexo" sound?

And don't tell me to use the fucking search engine.

Nexo make nice speakers very well suited to electronic music. A good nexo system (that hasn't been thrashed) is capable of loudly, cleanly and accurately reproducing the frequency range of the music being played without overly compromising part of the range. Contemporary psychedelic music often incorporates a range of sounds simultaneously or very close together which cover the aural frequency range giving the effect of being immersed in sound. A good nexo system is able to deal with this without say overemphasizing the bass whilst simultaneously washing out the highs or drowning out the mid frequencies. Close to all the sounds of the recording are fairly accurately reproduced with a clean, punchy and warm sound.

What this means is that Posford's music will be reproduced close to how it was recorded, or is being mixed at the time. With a correctly tuned Nexo system you should hear what the artist intended you to hear- if their good it sounds fucking good.

for those interested..in the coincidence of this thread, im working on teeing up a screening of the new daheen vs vj gora dvd for ega...

it may even be the first public screening of this dvd, which is a visual extravaganza by vj gora alongside some of australias best entheogenic chill.

chek www.myspace.com/daheen for the musical side of things (and links to vj goras website)...

first ever party/festival i worked on dave/daheen and i were the first on site to do a day of bush regen... all i can say is he is a very humble beautiful and extremely talented man :)

BTW THAT GIG LOOKS LIKE THE ABSOLUTE GEAR!!! im gonna pass onthe dodgy rave vibe inballarat thanx ;)

Edited by ({E})

I'm gonna pass onthe dodgy rave vibe inballarat thanx ;)

Fair enough dude, I certainly don't blame you for making such a choice. I think it will be a very interesting social experiment for me though. It'll be the largest number of people unfamiliar with psychedelic music i've seen as yet exposed to what strikes me as some of the most powerful and accessible stuff currently being produced and i'm very curious to see all their differing reactions energetically. Moreover, they'll be a good 300-400 dedicated shpongolians there and it will be interesting to see whether we can raise the energy up and sustain it in in the way we have when Simon's played at psychedelic outdoors in the past when we are thinner on the ground in a foreign environment. I'd like to see how psy people cope with it. I hope the mel community isn't so insular as to let others having a good time (or trying to) in their own way get too much in the way of their own experience. For me personally Simon's music has changed my life. What I feel it is exploring and engenders in the receptive listener is sacred to me. I will be outside barefoot stomping with my chakras open coming from the heart. I'm not about to let a few ravers (should they wish to) get between me and my relationship to the sacred.

There will be some strong people there thinking along the same lines and quality psychedelic music (Autonomech, Legohead, Benza) occurring in its own space all party amidst all the raver rest of it. It shall be a confronting trip. Hopefully Ozzy gives Si the sunrise slot :lol: Will def be interesting to see how things pan out.

All that being said I'm really hoping he plays outdoors somewhere lush for the Tassie gig haha :wink: Would be fantastic

Will most definitely be down to check out the screening at EGA if it gets the go ahead dude. Good luck with it :)

namaste

ben

Edited by benjahman

i wasnt dissing ozzys efforts, or the fact that it would make for an extremely interesting social anthropology excursion into the midst of the kryal.. i shouldhave worded it a bit better, what a treacherously musical facist i have become :(

however, with limited finances and time, and a gig with nexus sound and a friend running the visuals and sound, and the gig being a lot closer to home, i think ill choose my first 'in person' posford experience to be at the sydney gig (even if its my least favourite city in the world thus far)

i may well be hooking up free tickets for a few sydney ega's as well, so stay tuned.

Edited by ({E})

Posford... Tasmania... :blink:

that would be amazing....

Anyone have a better idea of where, when and if he really is.

That would be too mindblowing :drool2:

cheers, obtuse