The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
paradox

tihs is ralely seewt

Tihs is raelly cool, you can wirte jsut abuot aynhtnig and as lnog as the frist and lsat lteters are the smae tehn yuor bairn can assmelbe the peices and aollw you to raed it jsut fine!

my firend jsut sohwed me tihs and i had to shrae it :)

hres the eaxpmle she gvae me:

cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The

phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at

Cmabrigde Uinervtisy,

it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt

tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a

taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.

Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the

wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was

ipmorantt!

This is pretty cool. Although, I am sure there could be quite a bit of confusion when you get to bigger words.

It even works fine if englisch isnt your mother language. Cool to see how the brain works!

pbocisilyn = psilocybin

egetehnon = entheogen

pcehydsleic = psychedelic

lsgyriec aicd dtlameihidye = lysergic acid diethylamide

tnonsryauuras = tyrannosaurus

I tihnk it all cmoes dwon to how cmomon the wrod is, not nsarslieecy the lgnteh of the wrod... Siltl, it ctreianly is cool B)

hzeytgroous = hetrozygous

Phoalpllyoid = polyhaploid

:P

Edited by naja naja

Hahahahaa i read this earlier today

but i just realised that the first sentence Paradox wrote was all jumbled

i thought only the bold stuff was!

:lol:

pmsl coshi

i got into about half way and realized the same thing/.........

its great!!!

A--o y-u d--t e--n n--d to w---e t-e l-----s i-------n, j--t t-e f---t a-d l--t.

Y---e r---t, it r----y is a-----g t-e p---r ov t-e h---n m--d :)

I would think being able to put some of the words, especially the bigger words, within a context is essential for this to work.

I think it shows that the brain can see the word even if its jumbled up, but i think half the majic is that we are hard-wired for grammer and syntax.

cheers, Obtuse

A--o y-u d--t e--n n--d to w---e t-e l-----s i-------n, j--t t-e f---t a-d l--t.

Y---e r---t, it r----y is a-----g t-e p---r ov t-e h---n m--d

Nabraxas - what the hell does that mean? Yours is much harder to understand than Paradox's! :wacko:

Hold on - I think I may have cracked it!

'Also, you dont even need to write the letters inbetween, just the first and last.

You're right, it really is amazing the power of the human mind'?

WOOHOO!!! :lol: Do I get a prize? :P

this has been on the net for years now. i remember reading that if you have the first and last letters the same, but the middle letters reversed, you cant decipher it, or its much harder. lets see,.,..

rebmemer rnidaeg taht if you hvae the fsrit lrettes resreved cnat dehpicer it.

Hey Simon, that's what the above stuff was about - keep the first/last letters the same and just jumble the middle letters, keeping the same ones (not adding/dropping any) and you can still read it :)

this has been on the net for years now. i remember reading that if you have the first and last letters the same, but the middle letters reversed, you cant decipher it, or its much harder. lets see,.,..

rebmemer rnidaeg taht if you hvae the fsrit lrettes resreved cnat dehpicer it.

Ace - read simon's post again. I don't think you got what he was saying.

Simon - you are right. I struggled on a couple of those words. Much harder than the method in the original post.

Torsten, Simon - Simon's method was almost exactly the same as the 1st post (which is the one I was referring to, not Nabraxas's), the only difference was that Simon said (hehe, simon says) that the first and last are the same, but the central letters are reversed, not just jumbled. Either way, it still makes it easy to read - like Paradox said in the 1st post, if the words have the first and last the same, but the middle letters jumbled (in any order), then your brain will decipher it as you read. Your brain actually goes off the length of the word, the first and last letters and the middle ones dont matter (as long as they are still the same letters, in any order, without any new or any dropped). Lets try one with a typo:

Trosetn tihs stie is tlaitoly rdcaial ddue but can you sopt the tppoys?

ACE--W--l d--e, y-u d-d i----d w--k t--t m-----e o-t c-------y, b-t s---y t----'s no p---e i------d. :lol:

Torsten, Simon - Simon's method was almost exactly the same as the 1st post (which is the one I was referring to, not Nabraxas's), the only difference was that Simon said (hehe, simon says) that the first and last are the same, but the central letters are reversed, not just jumbled. Either way, it still makes it easy to read - like Paradox said in the 1st post, if the words have the first and last the same, but the middle letters jumbled (in any order), then your brain will decipher it as you read. Your brain actually goes off the length of the word, the first and last letters and the middle ones dont matter (as long as they are still the same letters, in any order, without any new or any dropped). Lets try one with a typo:

Trosetn tihs stie is tlaitoly rdcaial ddue but can you sopt the tppoys?

Ace, what i am saying (rather, what i am relaying - i didnt discover it) is that when the letters in between the first and last are simply reversed, not jumbled, it is much harder for your brain to decode it than when its simply jumbled. I would think that having the letters in the correct order, but reversed, would be easier to read than randomly arranged, but its not.

ACE--W--l d--e, y-u d-d i----d w--k t--t m-----e o-t c-------y, b-t s---y t----'s no p---e i------d.

Damn, that one looks harder again! I'll have a crack:

ACE -- Well dude, you did _____ work that _____ out _________, but _____ _____ no _____ ________.

Dammit - too hard! :P

Sorry Simon, I getcha now - but still, I find it just as easy as the jumbled version - I guess it just comes down to how often you read/use the word and the way it is written (context).