The Corroboree
Tripitaka

I nearly forgot who I was

Just coming out of some self imposed down time and remembering what keeps me anchored in this world.

Thought I would post it in Chill Space both as a visual record and to inspire some form of creativity amongst you/response.

I have had this canvas sitting around for some time and finally thought I should get it out in some physical form.

These are the last few days, it is just an underpainting at this stage and will add layers once the detail is complete.

P1010001-2.jpg

P1010004.jpg

wow Santillan, i really love your work. this looks like it's going to be beautiful! keep it up :worship:

i'm with you in the reawakening period at the moment too ;)

*make sure everyone who hasn't followed the links in Tripi's signature does so, plenty of great work in there!*

Keep at it Trip :D

I wish i could find the motivation to pick up the pen again, it seems like so long since i started and completed a work, FAR too long.

I have so many images in this lil brain that i need to get down i just dont know where the drive went or how to get it back. Even though the usual gifts from friends and family (pens pencils paints bushes books pads and whatever else) keep rolling in as they have done over the years i just cant seem to find IT. :(

Ellie draws daily and for a lil girl that just turned 3 im extremley impressed by her ability :D, it looks like i better get off my arse before i lose it for good.

You´r very gifted, Tripitaka! I dont like most of nowadays art but this is pretty cool. bye Eg

fuken awesome brother!!!!

ur a man of many many talents and an inspiration to all who come into contact with u.

and a top bloke to! :worship: :worship:

nice boobies by the way :drool2:

fuk yeah this IS the reawakining period!!!!!

suck up all that energy folks, were gonna need it!! interesting times ahead!

:drool2: damn Tripi, you neer cease to amaze me! i seriously love your work man, im so in awe!

i cant wait to see somemore updates too!

keep up the good work brother.

i wish you peace and many children my friend!

Hey Tripi, I see in the background that aya painting you made, my postcard sized copy of which I still have, however what I find much more amusing, is your SKATEBOARD!

Did your journey of self discovery require some mad 180 kick flips?

I am probably gonna be in Sawtell for a while next week for Mr E's 7-7-7 party, are we gonna hang?

Bro that's awesome, I think it looks cool just like it is... I thought you were a girl btw, sorry.

just as a momentary diversion off topic...

7-7-7 party,

WOW!! What a fucking brilliant reason for a party!! :worship:

Very Nice.

It would be very nice if just computer generated but as its painted for me a mystery of how to do art.

Beautiful Tripi :lol: . End product = mixed-media? Works such as yours help me stay attached... yours, and others such as Magritte, Escher etc...

:lol::lol::lol:

Disappointments happen when expectations do not match up with reality. You have two options. One is to lower your expectations and hence your standards. The other is to realise that there is a reason why you have these expectations and standards and accept the fact that some others don't. Not that it will hurt any less at the time, but in retrospect you will be able to be proud of your perseverance and you will be stronger for it.

It's great to have art as a medium to deal with such issues. Plants are great for the meditative and productive state they can put you in to help deal with these times, but art also provides an outlet and I have always been mildly jealous of people who have such outlets. Amazing stuff. I wonder just how much you need these times as inspiration for certain type of art?

Good to have you back :wub:

Thanks guys! Your words of encouragement are greatly appreciated

I wonder just how much you need these times as inspiration for certain type of art?

Thats the conclusion I have come up with as well Torsten. Often as challenging as they are, it has certainly provided an "altered" state of perception from which ideas and resolves have been borne.

Did your journey of self discovery require some mad 180 kick flips?

Haha, you have good eyes Sina! They were some of the biggest kickflips I have ever pulled off, but they weren't based in 3D reality :shroomer:

It will be mixed media of sorts, the background of which you cant see here will be semigloss enamel . I have developed a peculiar fascination for vintage wallpaper prints :drool2:

Will post some more pics next week!

Thanks again, Its nice to share with this side of myself again and with my family :wub:

I think its perfect.

Nice if completed with colours.

The art world thinks a poster of Campbell Collection soup cans is art if it sells.

So theres is a difference from economic reality and artistic reality.

Guess who managed to create such in San Franchisco with a poster style?

I will give a hint a albino.

A pop culture figure based on nothing.

And long ago died of aids.

I think its perfect.

Nice if completed with colours.

The art world thinks a poster of Campbell Collection soup cans is art if it sells.

So theres is a difference from economic reality and artistic reality.

Guess who managed to create such in San Franchisco with a poster style?

I will give a hint a albino.

A pop culture figure based on nothing.

And long ago died of aids.

andy warhol?

You guessed correctly.

I would like to award a prize but don't have any.

Starting to add the background colour and most of the patternation is nearly resolved.

Will start on the flesh tones and deific arms over the next few days.

1.jpg

7.jpg

Oh Yeah!

I'm creaming my pants man!

Thats a great piece, great for the lounge or studio

Reminiscent of that 60's/70's psychedelia with those background colours!

Love it :drool2:

awesome tripi. you are a fantastic artist

That's amazing Tripi.

I'm glad it was art that saved you. :)

Starting to slow down now and working on detail.

Wasnt too sure initially if the enamels would provide enough coverage, but with a few coats they seem saturated enough.

P1040002.jpg

"Picture yourself on a boat on a river, a girl with kaleidoscope eyes"......Lennon (Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds)

Don't ask me why but that song popped into my head when I looked at your painting Tripi, she's only sorta got one eye hey?

Anyway, it's unreal dude.

Peace

From yesterday little seems real... she's beautiful tripi

i wish i could hold her with my feet off the ground...

thank you.

Tripi, that is amazing. I love it.

But you know I love all your art. The few pieces you showed me at your mum's place were great.

I didn't know you were on Deviantart though, that's cool news.

I used to have one of Tripi's artworks, on a postcard, pinned up on my office cubicle wall. It was this great image of an Caapi vine with weird circular patterns, etc in the background.

It took me out of that ringing-phone-hellhole, and deep into the amazon. :wink:

P1160003.jpg