The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
apothecary

Tool casualties

This is the recovery thread for those who experienced the massive energy bomb dropped by Tool at their various shows.

Last night was amazing. The crowd was totally on wavelength with the band. The set was perfect, although I would've liked to hear 'The Grudge' live.

They had a huge audiovisual display set up, reminiscent of Timothy Learys attempts at a multimedia based LSD substitute. There was an even bigger projector behind that showing a couple of Alex Grey pieces.

Mindgasm.

PS: I saw Dodie there, sorry I lost you bro, I was so excited to talk to my mate (plus my intoxication at the time :P) that I forgot you were there until we were on the train and I had calmed down a little.

It was a great show, but somewhat tainted for me by the twats in the seats behind.

Out of towners who were more interested in shouting their plans for "getting on it" down at Darling Harbour after the show than sitting in rapture in some of the quieter parts of the show.

Made the mistake of telling them to shut-up and soon regretted it.

I would have to say the last tour was a better show for me, the lasers were impressive but somehow not totally "Tool-ish" and a bit reminiscent of Russian discotheques.

BUT... it was Tool, and it was amazing and they are amazing and I wish I could follow them around the world watching their shows.

Wish I'd been on the floor actually. Were you floor or seats Apo?

Also, while waiting for the band to begin, my trusty binoculars came in handy for a bit of statistics.

- Roughly 40% of punters in the seats wore black t-shirts.

- Over 25% of black shirts in the stands were Tool shirts.

- Approximately 15% of punters in the seats wore Tool shirts.

- These proportions were higher (but immeasurable) for those punters on the floor.

Yeah I was standing.

I was pretty much in the exact center of the stage about 2m back.

I love my Tool shirt. It's white, and I've never seen another soul wearing the same one. I was looking everywhere last night to see if anyone had it on, nobody!

It has cool artwork on the back of this crazy lookin dude. Definitely not a tour shirt.

Kat was there and loved it! She came home all excited like a puppy dog. :D

yeah, it was a fucking awesome concert! though, at the risk of being flamed i think that their previous tour was better in terms of visual displays, lighting... even had contortionists! but the lasers were damn well wicked and i was definitely not disappointed.

being the total gronk that i am, i lost my fucking BDO tickets! i was completely heartbroken and considered jumping the fence. no need to tell me how much of a deadshit i am for losing them, i'm very well aware of that :(

Yeah what an amazing night/s!

Saw them at Bdo Gc first then flew down to Sydney. Sydney had a much better atmosphere.

There's always going to be ppl who taint the show morg. I was near a group of 5-6 ppl for a bit who were constantly running around barging ppl :rolleyes: but I didnt let it get to me and just got away and enjoyed :D there were also "mosh circles" going on which shouldnt be at a tool gig. Although I was at the back of one and just walked through the centre about 4 meters up :bootyshake:

Sall good apo. I was in complete aw & didnt want to get lost from my friends..

Also heard maynard say at the Bdo " See you in Nov - Dec " Not sure if he's spreading rumours like he usually does or really does want to do a more "intimate" show for the cities they didnt get to do.

Dam them not coming to Brisbane, I would of so loved to see them in Sydney but I couldn’t scrounge up the money :(

I can't wai to see tool at the SA BDO, I've been looking forward to this for a long time

It was a great show, but somewhat tainted for me by the twats in the seats behind.

Out of towners who were more interested in shouting their plans for "getting on it" down at Darling Harbour after the show than sitting in rapture in some of the quieter parts of the show.

My out of towner mate went to that show and got seats...however i doubt he was yelling anything but jibberish, having taking 5 tabs and all.

Thats a pretty darn cool disclaimer. Its the way all music d/loads should be. D/loading music seriously crushes the smaller bands who are trying to get somewhere, its like taking a sledgehammer to someones nuts who is trying to conceive with their partner..

Anyone hear of the curse that was put on 10 000 days by the members? If you d/load it or listen to a burnt copy you are affected :wave-finger:

hey if any1 runs into maynard can u ask for my 80 buks bak for the last apc concert, that was lame.

i been following that prick since before opiate came out, since they were touring with black flag in 1990 when he used to actually perform and entertain his big buk paying crowd.

circa 2005-he turns his back to the entire crowd hides in the dark cos someone took his photo.

boo-fuken hoo maynard u rich wanker, u earn ur 10g for the nite whilst plebs travel from all over just to see u and thats what we get a pretentious rich rock god. jam ur tool up ur ass!!!!!!!!!!

actually i want all my buks back save for the undertow and aenima tour, also except for the opiate show u put on at alternative nations bak in 93. spose like any old tradey he wants to kik bak and take it easy. I just cant help but feel im bein ripped off from the lateralus/ apc concerts beyond aenima tour.

TOOL SUCK!

Edited by jono

boo-fuken hoo maynard u rich wanker

Well, he's no Bindi Irwin. I'll give you that.

:lol::bootyshake:

circa 2005-he turns his back to the entire crowd hides in the dark cos someone took his photo.

boo-fuken hoo maynard u rich wanker, u earn ur 10g for the nite whilst plebs travel from all over just to see u and thats what we get a pretentious rich rock god. jam ur tool up ur ass!!!!!!!!!!

TOOL SUCK!

Well shit ninja, no wonder you get treated like a pleb when you go to the plebs concert. You should have been at the after-party...Maynard juggled 5 puppy dogs while breakdancing, all the while giving his thoughts on David Hume's philosophy. Afterward, he made balloon animals, and then came and asked me how my mum was doing. So fucking glad I skipped the TOOL concert, all I would have got there is Aenema blasting through my brain at full volume, with 40000 other people singing along with me. Fucking plebs.

:rolleyes:

Belf

I got to go to both the Sydney sideshow and the BDO I loved both shows.

Loving the brighter look of the 10000 days shows with the Alex Grey artwork , I found after I had pushed my way through the mosh to get up close that its actually a lot better the further back from the stage you got. When you can fit the whole band the stage comfortably into you forward vision it makes for a stunning audio and visual show. Tool is so much more then just one person and the latest tour really allows the band to shine.

Fingers crossed they should be back the end of this year , MJK said at the BDO " See you in December "

bdo1-thumb.jpg

Photo from [email protected]

I caught a bit of the Sydney gig on Youtube and must say I wasn't impressed by Tool at all.

In fact I have to agree with those who think they suck, BIGTIME.

That's why I've deleted the link to the bootleg download above. Anyone who wants to actually waste their time downloading and then listening to that crap can look for it themselves.

Just my fraction of a dollar input.

Lol I've always thought you should be at a show before you criticise it...

You get no atmosphere in a bootleg

Mmmmm caught Tool at the BDO last nite, They played really well i thought but the sound system was pritty shit in my opinion.. i could hear a clearer sound as i walked out of the main grounds lol and the crowds of Drunken Dam idiots jumping around on ppl and moshing yelling and applauding every second of silence in the songs lol was a bit off putting. Guess its to be expected with BDO crowds though

There own shows would definatly generate the right crowd more open to the energy of the music and atmosphere alot betta then the BDO

I seen them at Adelaide last night too, kinda dissapointing as I couldn't see much from where I was and the sound was pretty uneven at times but at one or two times it blew me away this was from just infront of the d entrance area, but they were tight as. Love to see them in November if they come back.

I saw them yesterday at the adelaide bdo as well. I was pretty blown away by their set even though I was a fair way away and the sound system was pretty shit. I 'm pretty short so I could hardly see anything for most of the gig till I climbed up the fence of the slingshot onto it and then could see pretty good (quite a feat whilst tripping).

Did anyone else notice the full moon rising from behind the stage as tool started playing, pretty freaky.

Hopefully they come back soon i'lld efinitley be making the effort to see them even if I have to go interstate.

Did anyone hear about what happened to the clown that climbed on the roof of the meyer music bowl when they played in Melbourne?

Some nutter climbed one of the light towers and sat at the top for the last half of the Tool set (Adl BDO)

A mate and I were pretty pissed off we weren't in the D. It did kinda suck having to stand behind a whole lot of people who didn't care that Tool were playing. Rocked out in my own (head) space though :)

You lucky lucky bastards - I wish I was there so much. Fuckn tickets selling out.

My girlfriends old friend since childhood who is a mad fan came up from Canberra to see them and we hung out the day after - all he could do was rave and rant about their greatness live. I would have been miserable if it wasn't for the paper on my tounge and a beautiful afternoon at the beach.