The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
clarence

kava

I have just tried kava recently, and I dont think its all that good quality, plus its over a year old, so the effect is mild or placebo, but I noticed the next morning the strangest smelling farts. Is this a common occurrence? :blink:

You purporsely smelt your own farts? What a sicko

...so what did your farts smell like, I'm curious :drool: :drool: :drool:

Kava doesn't work on some people, me being one of those people

----nothing wrong w/that......my farts are so potent they count as an ethnogen; at least, they really trip me out :blink:

well this is the third day of kava experimenting and the farts are still happening. sort of like castor oil smell, but much worse. like no fart I have ever smelt, not that I'm right in to fart analysis :blush:

Too funny

Maybe you should eat some asparagus to ballance things out.

Sorry Im having a degenerate day today.

are you ingesting the actual root fibers?

yeah I am consuming all the root fibres! maybe I should filter it a bit. failing that, I will just have to plan my kava use out of noseshot of the general public. :)

I found the people I know who get little to no effect off kava were heavy drinkers, so whether they got no effect or got no effect relative to being extremely smashed I dont know, whilst Im a non drinker and can feel the effects of kava readily.

aha! that makes sense. I gave up the beer just over 2 weeks ago and maybe my gaba receptors are still a bit dodgy. also I have very little effect from benzo's. but I have ordered some more fresh kava from adelaide, and I will give that a go.

preparation makes a big difference

I think it would be more of a problem if he purposely smellt someone else's farts :blink:

Kavalactones can irritate or numb the digestive system and this can have all sorts of funky consequences ranging from smelly farts to constipation or the opposite. I know at least one person where the lactones severely affect the sphincter muscle - with the obvious consequence.

Kava also contains sulphur containing amino acids and I would expect these to create some funky aromas.

If you're uncomfortable about farting at work, and you happen to be an incessant farter then get a job at a kids hospital, daycare centre, veterinarian's offices or a nursing home.

You can fart all you like and blame it on others if you have to :)

Edited by sobriquet

valerian used to give me the worst gas. most probably from taking far over the recomended dose.

Allthough i've never noticed anything with kava.

Well bugger me!! I tried the adelaide kava and its quite pleasant. nice and relaxing, a bit like calm without too much euphoria, and even a tad unsteady on my feet. so I dont recommend using old kava past its useby date.

it definately doesn't work in my experience. or it might have been crap kava to begin with. this adelaide stuff makes your mouth go really numb, and they say thats a good sign for good kava.