The Corroboree
AndyAmine.

Earthpod order, 1 year on and still not received!

Hi all,

It has now been over 1 full year since making my $45 order from Earthpod (with a stated 2 week turn around time) and have received no form of communication other than confirmation of said order even after many attempts.

With EGA comming up I was hoping someone who knows Adrian may be able to bring this issue up with him (not only for myself) and possibly collect refunds or the orders them selfs.

I really jst want this whole saga finished with and to have my money or my order one way or the other ($45 is a lot of money for a bum like me), if Adrian doesnt go to EGA but there is someone who is able to talk with him, can you please convey my concerns and ask him to contact me ASAP

Edited by AndyAmine.

Ah yeh same problem here, id be happy if i could just get my money back $50 is alot to me aswell. I gave up on getting them a while ago and was just hopin for sum comunication maybe form adrian he hasnt been on here in quite some time or at leats he hasnt posted. I just want to see this resolved.

don't worry, within 14 months or so your order should arrive!

Julian.

If Adrian is alive, he will be at EGA, ask him there

I really regret this and hope you'll accept my apology and bare with me.

I'm not sure how long it'll take to fix your orders. But I'll make it up to you guys eventually.

Refunds aren't really an option at the moment, I'm unemployed not on the dole (yet), nor doing business.

Come to EGA.

I figure if I attend then we might just get enough people coming just to throw wet sponges (or cacti) at me to make up the numbers.

Or I might get a chance to supply the products or refund your order I've lost.

"There's no justice like angry mob justice" :crux::wink:

I think you probably have a few e-mail

messages to answer as well.

Andrew.

Yes, listen to Julian. he has experience with such things (S&L machines) :P

Seriously guys, I know $50 can be a lot of money, but fact is that the situation Adrian found himself in at the time would have caused many people to simply shut down and not give a rat's ass about what they owe. Instead Adrian stayed involved in the community (albeit locally) and put so much energy (and presumably money) into the first EGA that he pretty much totally fried himself. There are few people here who would have the slightest clue just how much work such an event is and how taxing it can be on mind and body. Adrian never got compensated for that because most people did not know just how substantial his contribution was. I mean, most people probably did not even know he was one of the organisers.

Most of you probably don't know all this (or even care unless you live in Melbourne), but I think it should be taken into consideration before throwing the first cactus. You might just decide to aim lower.... no, not there.... I mean LOWER.

So yeah, keep hounding him and making him accountable, but do keep in mind that Adrian still cares about this community and still puts a lot of energy into it. And if you are coming to EGA, then keep in mind that Adrian played a great part in making the first EGA a success which in turn has made the second EGA possible. So every minute of your time at EGA that you really truely enjoy, think about whether you might even donate some of that money to Adrian and absolve him off his guilt. Now that would be the sort of thing Adrian would do if the situation was reversed!!!

btw, I will be bringing a whole lot of vicious long spined Trichocereus peruvianus to EGA for anyone who wants to buy one as a projectile. They will be $50 each, with funds going directly to the "earthpod refund fund" :P (just kidding).

So what are you trying to say T? We should de-spine them first? :P

how big are these perus?

:D

So what are you trying to say T? We should de-spine them first? :P

Hey, every little bits helps :wink:

how big are these perus?

How much money does adrian owe you? :P

I appreciate you letting us know this info Torsten :)

I only ever wanted some kind of resolution to the matter, if Adrian is in serious finacial hardship, shit, I would be happy to let him keep it, its all one circle.. :) I jst wanted to find out one way or another is all and I thought 1year down the track was a good point to ask.

Much love to you Adrian for your offer towards tickets and for stepping up to the plate and offering to sort this out, all of todays spare good energy is comming your way :) hold onto it and use it for your cause. :wub:

Its all about the circle. ^_^

perhaps to allevite some of the negative feelings from this situation the community could have a go at filling the outsanding orders people have with adrian? im sure there are spare prints floating around for most of the things people ordered. its just a thought, if i have spare prints that are needed ill happily donate

genki, that is exactly what I had in mind. most of the things adrian was offering are not hard to come by and are often traded in this community. So I was going to offer adrian to send me a list of things that were ordered, we then collect them via the forums, and then send them out to the people who are out of pocket. I am happy to coordinate this and do the dispatch etc. I am just waiting to hear back from Adrian about this.

Anyone who feels like wiping the debt before this would be very welcome, but it should only be done from the heart without strings attached. AndyAmine has set a great example for this and is a wonderful reflection of what this community can do.

I think this can all be sorted out before next weekend so that Adrian can enjoy being at EGA without feeling guilty.

I,d like to make it clear that Adrian does not owe me

anything and has always come through when he did.

All I wanted was an answer to a couple of messages

I,ve sent to him.

Hey guys really good to see we have moved beyond criticism in to some kind of resolution

For the recorded this years EGA is the third instalment of the reconstituted Mini EB. When Carl went overseas it was Adrian that put his hand up and put in the hard work to get EGA up and running, I only came on bord to help when he ask me. And you are very right Torsten, Adrian is often not accredited for all the hard work he puts in down here in Vic. He is one of the smartest plant heads I know and certainly has the biggest hart. What ever EGA is, it certainly would not be that without Adrian.

So Adrian has fallen on hard times, that we have all established, but what can we do to help him.

I am not complete sure Adrian knows exactly what is pending or how much $$$ he received, I would think that would be the first step, what are you missing, then we can try and get the order filled, or find someone that can donate to fill the order, or just get them there $$$ back.

My feelings are that Adrian really has a lot on his plait at the moment, and throwing shit at him will not help any, or the community at large

I am amazed just how well Earthpod did run, and for so long, it is amazing that Adrian took on such a big project so young and keep it together for so long, Bloody good work man.

:)

Can offer warm weather spore prints to the folks on the list when you receive it Torsten

Prints are on paper wrapped in foil.

Also seed from the seedring and my stash if any is appropriate, nothing too jazzy but it might help.

hmmm, adrian logged in the other day but didn't bother to reply to this thread or my PM....

Can offer warm weather spore prints to the folks on the list when you receive it Torsten

Prints are on paper wrapped in foil.

Also seed from the seedring and my stash if any is appropriate, nothing too jazzy but it might help.

he did not see it, i asked him, i know he looked for your phone number and could not find it, i do not have it eather so i could not pass it on.

I sent him a PM before I got in touch with you. all he has to do is check his PMs. as this is going to require a written list anyway, PM or email would be the easiest way to go. I am certainly not difficult to reach....

All i wanted was some closure on this matter and now i have it. If its possible to get my order through anyway that good but if not so be it ive got my closure im not to worried aboutt he resolution now i know how it cna be to fall on financial harship definatly not as bad as adrian but still bad.

About three years ago I bought a few things from Earthpod, and never had any problems, until I ordered a couple of big bags of poppy seeds, and never got them, then Adrian offered to refund my money, and I never got that either... I didn't chase him down about it, because I just couldn't be bothered with the hassle. When people don't return your emails and make promises they don't keep, you can be pretty sure you're never going to get any money from them.

Everybody has problems now and then, but it's kind of lame to say you just can't pay the money back... you could at least say you will pay the money back eventually, but I guess you have no intentions of ever doing so. Even if you did it gradually over the next few years, at least you would be making an effort. I don't expect to get any money back, and I don't care, but I hate these "poor old Adrian" threads.

Now i know Adrian is a nice guy

but thats isnt much consolation to those waiting

no more than the 'good blokes' who are local plumbers. sparkies etc that never bloody turn up when you need them and never call when they cant make it

ive told adrian he should address this issue too and im disappointed he hasnt

ill not make any opolgies for him cos its not fair to and no consolation to those waiting for an answer

i might offer substitutes myself but i dont carry those lines

Adrian if you are out there - its time

most people might forgive you but for the lack of reply

Edited by Rev

I can offer prints and can prob organize refunds for those who don't want a print anymore. All I need is a list of people who placed orders, for wat, and wheather they want a print or refund.

If sum1 can get this list I'm pretty sure I can fill most of it, wat I can't I'll organize refunds for, but I don't really think it's my responsibility to chase up a list.

people can PM if ya want.

Edited by naja naja

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...topic=966&st=25 Theres a link to last years sale around EGA05, I hate to sound like a broken record... But i did make an order a little coming up too 12months or so now for some cubie prints and regeant tests, I understand we all have problems and hold no grudges or bad energies towards Adrian its good to see he did jump on here and make an effort to explain and clear things up, Does your offer still stand naja? I am still after some cubie prints :P

Edited to remove naughty incriminations :)

Edited by Young Tripper