The Corroboree

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. eem

Microscopy and DNA workshops

The workshop went really well. Very enthusiastic crowd. Everyone had a lot of fun. We'll probably keep doing them every few months. Great to hear you're starting a study group! It is really hard to learn without someone there showing you. I managed to work out how to do squash plates from a video, but couldn't work out what other sections were being taken until someone showed me IRL and then it was pretty easy. Might be worth making some videos or something. This book is worth checking out too. It has diagrams of microscopic features, measurements and chemical reactions https://shop.fungimap.org.au/product/larger-fungi-of-southern-australia/ And you're totally right re the optics.
  3. Yesterday
  4. Darklight

Cultivation of glowing mushrooms (ABC news article)

I'm lichen that one more and more Same same. Though there might be one here trying to fruit on the agar plate ( could also be contam, discolouration from inoculation point tho and never seen this particular effect before ) Will post if it does fruit
  5. Darklight

Microscopy and DNA workshops

How did the microscopy workshop go? Wish I'd been there. Starting an informal microscopy study run today with another forum member to try and get some basic teks in hand to add to current research. Is way more daunting than I thought. Microscopy, like tissue culture and TLC, is an entire field of knowledge of it's own First lesson is cleaning our microscopes. It's mouldy in NNSW and even the best stored scopes cop it We're starting with the cheap-arsed compound scopes we've had for years ( USB camera, ebay ) to see how far we can push their utility before we look at the worth of saving for upgrades. Tho good optics and lens' are important- I once used the USB camera on a 1920s microscope with immaculate optics and the results were absolutely brilliant- way better than the cheap arsed ebay one I was comparing it to
  6. Cactiqueen

Edible/Medicinal culture seeking thread

Hello everyone, new here and trying to get familiar w the site I have some reishi, wine cap, lions mane and maitake on agar currently happy to trade wedges for just about anything. High on my list of interest is seeds of any kind(cacti,heirloom, ethno,ect) supplies, plants, other cultures ect not sure if being a new member I am allowed to trade so forgive me if not
  7. ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

Post your track of the day

8. ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

Youtube vids

9. sharxx101

Meet up: Brisbane

Do we have muxh interest in a meet? only 2 weeks away
  10. superdan

Saffron Crocus Sativus bulbs Wanted

Hi All I am chasing some fresh Saffron bulbs Cheers
  11. rottenjonny

They're taking over! Possible Gyms?

Never got a 100% ID, they're most likely a gymnopilus sp. However not sure which. There's only a few genus out there I'm seriously confident identifying
  12. Jhono

Found on mulch

Cheers! I tried for days to find something similar on internet but the best answer was joining this community!
  13. Last week
  14. Freakosystem

justine

Coprinellus disseminatus for the fungus Pittosporum revolutum for the plant
  15. Freakosystem

Found on mulch

This is Leratiomyces ceres.
  16. Voakanga

They're taking over! Possible Gyms?

Great pic JR, let us know what the genus is please.
  17. Voakanga

Found on mulch

No idea Jhono, but see if you can get hold of a copy of Gary P Menser's book, 'Hallucinogenic and Poisonous Mushroom Field Guide', (available through discreet searching on the net), and use the dichotomous keys provided; you may be able to at least key out to genera, which may at least give you some idea of what you're dealing with. Cheers, Voakanga (also from NE NSW)
  18. Paradoxical

Edible/Medicinal culture seeking thread

Good point Solipsis, L. Coralloides is an Australian species. Looking for both then. DFAM is an Oyster mushroom strain (Don't feed after midnight). Thank you for the offer, If I get stuck I will be in touch, but I would prefer to get the cultures locally if possible.
  19. Jhono

Found on mulch

Hi people , this is the first time I write something, I found this fella on mulch a few days after a heavy rain for the first time. Any idea of what they are?
  20. Mosh

Drying and curing N.rustica

Herbal Jedi in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVmYV8v8hpA tells all
  21. SayN

justine

To the best of my ability, the mushrooms are likely Mycena species... No idea about the fruit, but it looks amazing!
  22. Mekat

Psychedelic library for sale

Are the The constituents of medicinal plants. Andrew Pengell y. and; Materia Medica of western Herbs for the Southern Hemisphere. Ringbound. Fisher & Paint er. still available?
  23. This thread is now closed. Thank you. ♾
  24. Halcyon Daze

Tricho's EVERYWHERE! -Matucana

The Earth's flat man. How do I get through to you people....SMH
  25. HVJuzzy

justine

HI there, Im new to this group and write a very small newsletter for a local group. Could anyone identify these mushrooms and plant (native finger lime?) found on our property in Palm Grove, near Ourimbah in the Central Coast? Thanks in advance. Justine
  26. cobvlog

NZ members?

Hey everyone, just thought I know this post is old but thought I'd introduce myself. I'm North Island based and have had a big love for all things ethnobotanical for the past 10 years or so. Always on the hunt for novel seeds/seedlings/dried plant matter etc. Some things that I could possibly part with for the right trade could be H. salicifolia, I. violacea, A. colubrina, C. zacatechichi.... Maybe others. Also interested in buying/trading topical books etc. PM me!
  1. Load more activity