The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sallubrious

Am I a racist ?

:):)

I found the writings of James Redfield on human energy interactions interesting..

Give them a look perhaps..[link]

" Everyone manipulates for energy either aggressively, directly forcing people to pay attention to them, or passively, playing on people's sympathy or curiosity to gain attention.

For instance, if someone threatens you, either verbally or physically, then you are forced, for fear of something bad happening to you, to pay attention to him and so to give him energy. The person threatening you would be pulling you into the most aggressive kind of drama, what the Sixth Insight calls the intimidator.

If, on the other hand, someone tells you all the horrible things that are already happening to them, implying perhaps that you are responsible, and that, if you refuse to help, these horrible things are going to continue, then this person is seeking to control at the most passive level, which is what the Manuscript calls a poor me drama.

Anyone's drama can be examined according to where it falls on this spectrum from aggressive to passive. If a person is subtle in their aggression, finding fault and slowly undermining your world in order to get your energy, then this person would be an interrogator. Less passive than the poor me would be your aloofness drama. So the order of dramas goes this way: intimidator, interrogator, aloof, and poor me.

Some people use more than one [of these styles] in different circumstances, but most of us have one dominant control drama that we tend to repeat, depending on which one worked well on the members of our early family.

Aloof people create interrogators! And interrogators make people aloof! And intimidators create the poor me approach, or if this fails, another intimidator!

That's how control dramas perpetuate themselves. But remember, there is a tendency to see these dramas in others but to think that we ourselves are free from such devices. Each of us must transcend this illusion before we can go on. Almost all of us tend to be stuck, at least some of the time, in a drama and we have to step back and look at ourselves long enough to discover what it is.

Once we see our drama, what happens next? .. "

^^^ yes we do

would it be counterproductive to mention how annoying it is that people use the word 'energy' in a really vague way that makes anyone with a rudimentary education in physics unable to take their work very seriously?

it's annoying because i of course know what they are talking about but when they use that word & in a very vague sense it is almost possibly at times an accurate word to generally describe some of these things.. but it's this lazy & very vague use of language that often makes 'spiritual' people & 'hippies' so hard to take seriously & it undermines the importance of these kind of topics.

i wonder what particular category of energy leech i could be labeled as for pointing this out?

interrogator.

now give my chi back plus interest, or i'll deck ya :uzi:

i wonder what particular category of energy leech i could be labeled as for pointing this out?

Maybe the kind that's willing to give a swift kick when they think it's needed - the best kind.

No hard feelings Paradox & I'm sorry for the way I acted and the crap I wrote.

Nawww. You guyssss :D x

i certainly need to be given a good kick sometimes, damn straight. there's definitely no bad feelings this side bro & i'm sorry for bein a douche at times. we all take turns saying things we will probably regret.. for better or worse, is just the way it goes :)

truth ^

i know right, i really do need to be given a good kick!

Let Sally do it via naked mud wrestle via Skype me and pim will be the undercard :)

well i'm up for that. anything but soggy sao

Oright naked mud wrestling night for Sab beefs is on.

We will fly EG in to ref.

I want people to understand how red heads are treated and i think its like racism .Growing up I used to cop it and some times it was horrible (had a bit of fat to). But I have noticed a recent change to how red heads are now treated in society . Once i was so pick on it ended up being a fight after school 6 of them jumped me because i was a red head and I got my arse kicked I was in year 8 .By the time i was in year ten I was pumping with hormones and started fighting back I went to a pretty bad school.My father and brother died that year as well so i had hate in me and by now i was a very good boxer.But this attitude towards me by the people that gang bashed me when i was younger made me despise a few of them as they were colored .At a party one night one of them was there and I just said" something derogatory " .I don't know why i said that phrase I wanted to fight him so bad and as soon as he stepped up i smacked him down with so much hate .If my friends were not with me i could have killed him .After that I got into a fight with another one of them .I can see how people develop racist sentiments towards others is easy to do .Like when i went on a government funded holiday . There was a lot of racism in there but a lot had to do with the islanders and the aboriginals between them they had quite a few issues .Plus the aboriginals where quite racist to white people and i found that I was looking for faults in them and the only one was because they were black and pricks to white people .I can understand when chris rock said I love black people but i hate niggers .But at the end of the day we are all the same just different colored skin .I don't get why people pick on red heads maybe they are insecure reh head were not genetic mutants rather a evolution of the human race

That sucks Red, if I was there they would have been taking me on too. I don't know if it's a defective gene, but I could never stand back and watch that sort of shit go down.

I realise I seem like I'm almost militant especially when violence is the likely outcome but I'm just not like that, I hate violence and all of its implications. All that orchestrated shit just seems like puppets on a string to me. People responding to their programing and such. It's very evident with some of the recent Australia rallies, fuck I hope I didn't come across like one of those pricks.

Don't let them get you down Red, some of my best mates are Rangafarians

Ah okay I thought it was socially acceptable to pick on red heads as they have no souls?

porch orangutan

Ah okay I thought it was socially acceptable to pick on red heads as they have no souls?

Thats the problem it was socially acceptable to to have slaves at points in time and treat them like sub human .

There is a good article about this pommy ranga .Who after a long time of being picked on and

finally embraced his true identity .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/11716270/Its-taken-me-30-years-but-Im-proud-to-say-Im-ginger.html?fb_ref=Default

Humans have an unfortunate tendency to look for "others" so they can be picked on.

Racism, sexism, homophobia, religion, hair colour...all are pretty much the same thing when it comes down to it.

Have u seen the Mia video of a ranga execution? I know what u mean it would break my heart if I had a ranga child who was bullied because of their hair. I might add I haven't met many nice rangas but I'd say u could put this down to the trauma endured. Glaukus has been an exception.

i see it kind of opposite to that incog, some of the best white people i've ever met are red heads..

it's a very big generalization but i have often found that i gravitate toward ginger haired people.. ive found that pretty regularly, if, for all kinds of reasons, people have something that makes them stand out from the group their whole life, it can often lead to that person gaining quite a bit of perspective & insight into human behavior. If it doesn't turn toxic & they can rise above it, this can sometimes mean a more intelligent & compassionate person.

or maybe it's just that i naturally tend to relate to just about anyone who is being ostracized from 'the group'

for all the unquestionably positive things that have come from us being social creatures, i find that paradoxically a large proportion of that group-think social primate behavior is the most sinister & sickening part of who we are as a species & of course without very deeply experiencing what it's like to be the one who is being totally ostracized from the group then you can't really get perspective on that aspect of us & so understand more completely the complexities of the human condition.

i spose i'll weigh in now that we're talking about differences which aren't exactly race related. everyone is different but some notably more so, like me when i became a vegetarian.

"but you chose to be a vegetarian, i didn't choose to be black, gay or ginger"

all i really wanted to say is that sometimes picking on differences is playful, like, i assume, some of incog's comments above. i still get vegetarian comments from the same people, have for years and years, the same jokes which don't amuse me.

i guess unfortunately picking on people can be either malicious or playful, but not everyone has the same idea of where "the line" lies, usually the target's line is crossed before the attackers line is crossed. i'm being a hypocrite by saying this but it probably helps, as the target, to have a positive way of responding to being singled out. i'll leave that to your imagination, there are several avenues, but if your plan to deal with something that's inevitable is becoming vaguely annoyed, agitated or more resentful over time then you must be trying about as hard as me; not at all.

Personally I think judging someone by the color of their hair is as retarded as judging someone by the colour of their skin.

I don't think anyone REALLY

Judges a ranga by their hair.

im not, i hate everybody :scratchhead::blink:

I don't think anyone REALLY

Judges a ranga by their hair.

I might add I haven't met many nice rangas but I'd say u could put this down to the trauma endured.

you could add that you haven't met a safe Asian driver and that would be about as politically correct and accurate as your comments above.

Maybe ive had to much to drink and this has rubbed me the wrong way

or maybe i just cant stand hypocritical jokes where someone make out that they are a nice guy while being an insensitive dick.

both are most likely true

you could also add you havnt met a person who is regularly traumatized by ghosts and doesnt have seriously mental health issues that have been most likely caused by trauma that they have experienced as a child and that would probably be just as kind.

but i didnt want to turn this into a discussion about how we treat people who are dealing with something we wont ever be able to understand, id prefer to ask the question is it acceptable for someone who has been on the receiving end of severe racism to be a racist back ?

(Edit) to drunk to spell