The Corroboree
planthelper

urgent help youtube troll

I got a troll, at my last upload, and it seems, the first comment cant be deleted by me.

I does one report a troll, to youtube?

the report button only covers the video, but not the comments.

Just ignore him.... Don't respond and get your friends to put better comments up. Trolls thrive on attention, so give them none and they will go elsewhere. Dont even react.

• Like 6

^

yep best thing to do.

ill post some good comments when i go on facebook. i like your stuff man, we should collaborate.

oh remember they are giving you attention though so its still good. stop disabling comments on your vids man

Edited by jwerta

just some pathetic cunt that is too utterly uninspired & cowardly to create anything themselves, the only thing they have left to prop up their broken & worthless ego is to bring down others that are brave & passionate enough to put themselves out there..

maybe i wouldn't recommend this reaction but it still such gold

Edited by paradox
  • Like 5

no worries I will not react.

I found a button which say's delete comments, but the troll left two replies, and after deleting one (which still shows @ youtube, browser issues??), the software said folder empty, but it's obviously not.

maybe the first comment cant be deleted?

the report button, only covers the video itself.

I think this person must be reported, and obviously knows that I hang out here at sab.

anyway, if any of you knows how youtube accounts can get managed, let me know.

All I can see is the first dedication comment - even though it says 2 comments, no other comments show. I think YouTube is slow to update too.

You have to roll with the punches mate, people hate moderated comment sections more than no comments at all and you will get trolls dedicated to fucking with you faster than you can shake a hat.

Edited by AndyAmine.
  • Like 2

I want a fucking troll too now. I'd abuse the privilege though, I'm a real cunt with my unpaid staff.

Write a song about him & tell him to fuck off & get back under his bridge.

Or write a song as a sarcastic retort like Jimmy Barnes wrote after Ita Buttrose wrote an unfavorable article about him in TV week. You know the Cold Chisel song Ita.

How can I not believe what my troll tells me to :)

• Like 4

Cant see any Trolling comments in the vid that your sig links to.

update!

I did find a delete button, and used it.

I as well used a report function, what of the two made the trick, I am not sure.

I went out after it happened, and had a fantastic evening, with some of my young friends! :)

btw, all this event did, was to empower me, I feel on top of the earth, hehehe.

sally, I can understand, how you want a troll now too. :)

I could write a song about trolls in general, but proly not.

we give no energy, to energy suckers.

one thing though, the troll knows I hang out here at sab (which is easy as I use my real name).

thank you all, for your support!

• Like 1

Nicely done PH :)

Have you ever been trolled on SAB before? It's probably the same wanker.

Dickheads have a way of showing who they are.

yeah well planthelper obviously gets this from more than one person, can't say its me though I'm afraid, I have no YouTube account to leave comments with

• Like 1

my pc skill are just average, or less...

i would like to edit my own, comment (the field which shows up on top of viewers comments), but can't find a way, how is it done?

Hey PH. If you want to edit it, after you go to Youtube homepage and then log in, click on your little square avatar/id picture in the top right hand corner (a blank head and shoulders by default. A little dropdown menu comes up. From there click on "Video Manager", and it will take you to a list of your videos. Find the one you want, and there should be a link next to it that says "Edit" - just click on that and it will let you change the title and description and everything.

EDIT: also, well done for not letting the troll get to you. I struggle with this as well sometimes :lol:

If they continue harassing hopefully the report thing works. If not, you could always just disable comments on your videos altogether as a last resort.

Edited by gtarman
  • Like 1

gtarman, what you suggested, I tried even before, I asked here and it was not the way.

I was talking about, what is called uploaders comment.

but I worked it out now, and deleted it, it was a symbol next to my comment, clicking it gave a drop down list, and I clicked delete...

wau, I thought every website must feature an email addy, but google doesn't have one,

how ironic. :)

basicly, one cannot complain to google, strange indeed.

Edited by planthelper
  • Like 1