The Corroboree
Bread Filter

Police step up magic mushroom patrols in Donnybrook

Police step up magic mushroom patrols in Donnybrook

MORE than 5kg of suspected 'magic mushrooms' have been seized from four men after police stopped their car in Donnybrook.

Police stopped to search the car on Saturday and confiscated 5kg of mushrooms.

It is likely charges will be laid once tests are carried out to confirm the material as magic mushrooms, or mushrooms that contain the compound psilocybin.

Donnybrook Police have warned anybody thinking of heading into the area to collect magic mushrooms to think again.

Police will be searching people and vehicles suspected of gathering the prohibited fungi.

http://www.perthnow....u-1226408297183

good work boys, forget the drunken bogans starting fights

love your work

• Like 9

I guess these guys go inforce bike helmet laws in the off season? I like how they are always tackling the big crime-related issues that effect the nation.

• Like 3

true that ZEN =)

Only illegal if ya pick em, gotta graze hands free ;) it's a pretty nice landscape to explore down there, ppl almost miss out by transporting them away.

• Like 2

Sucks to be in Donnybrook :(

Sucks to be in Donnybrook :(

Hahaha yes it would I'd hate to live close to there would drive ya nuts

I'm getting pictures of going photographing funghi and seeing you in the mist on all fours grazing on subs like a sheep in some bizarre legal loophole.

However you could have trouble with the

Mental health unit.

Edited by incognito
  • Like 5

I was thinking getting home would be a bitch.

• Like 1

^ if that question is to see if you can go there for a pick, that has got to be the worst question i have ever seen asked...

• Like 2

Just a simple question about geography. If its where I think it is, its probably 2000 miles from where I am so don't worry about your precious secret.

secret? What secret? Type donnybrook into google. Its not atlantis

• Like 5

"man, my stash is so secret, only me and the police know about it, best stash ever"

• Like 2

another bust down that way :(

http://au.gwn7.yahoo...outh-west-video

Thank fuck for that, we can't have teenagers taking mushrooms.

They could start thinking original thoughts and not vote for rinehart inc when they get older.

The whole corporate world could spiral into some kind of hippie chaos :o

Who knows where it could all lead, we might end up with clean water, fresh air and cheap power.

• Like 6

i suppose it would piss me off if i lived down there with people jumping my fence and hunting my property at all hours, day, night

that road gets hammered, avoid balingup all together

They're concerned about 18 year olds consuming magic mushrooms?

There are many other things I'd be much more concerned about young people consuming.

They're concerned about 18 year olds consuming magic mushrooms?

There are many other things I'd be much more concerned about young people consuming.

yeah, like other peoples faces

• Like 3

it's a shame that we (law enforcement) have to ruin such a young person's life...

it's just so illogical...

In Western Australia, under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1981, it is illegal to use, possess, manufacture or supply drugs

such as amphetamines, cocaine, ecstasy, hallucinogens and heroin. Offences under this Act carry heavy fines

and/or prison sentences. Penalties range from a $2000 fine and/or two years in prison to a $100 000 fine and/or

imprisonment for 25 years. A person convicted of a drug offence will receive a criminal record, which can lead to

difficulties in getting a job, health insurance, credit or visas for overseas travel.

Would be interesting to know where the judiciary is likely to position its sentences on this scale in relation to these recent cases and whether they have any discretion (and are willing to exercise it) not to record a conviction (particularly for the younger offenders). Unbelievable that the cops seem to be putting so many resources into this. Must be a pretty law abiding place otherwise. Maybe they've just had a gut full of stuffing up homicide prosecutions (Mallard etc) so they're going for the easy targets.

Did anyone see the Melbourne Occupy protest? Well they banded tents from the park so a few protestors decided to wear the tents as dresses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGBTes_VHAk

Ive been thinking how funny it would be if a few guys could get to Donnybrook and run around dressed as mushrooms.

Edited by DreamTimeBliss

They advertise shreems down there. There is a 30foot concrete mushroom in the middle of town and the bakery used to be called "the magic mushroom cafe"

• Like 1