The Corroboree

Akashic Records True or Not?

The akashic records are described as containing all knowledge of human experience and the history of the cosmos. They are metaphorically described as a library; other analogies commonly found in discourse on the subject include a "universal supercomputer" and the "Mind of God". People who describe the records assert that they are constantly updated automatically and that they can be accessed through astral projection or when someone is placed under deep hypnosis (meditation).

Salome

Peter

True. Accessed via meditation, psychedelic trips, or by any other means of activating the psychic process.

I think this is what Terence McKenna tapped in to when he saw the visions of 2012; something the Mayans and many other prophets had discovered many years previously; many naturally psychic people tap in to them without realising. Akashic records hold the entire history - future as well as past.

Unfortunately our ability to translate the records into something useful is quite limited; most of the information is inexplicable to us. Only extraordinarily strong, impactful and relevant events are somewhat understood and translated - hence the 2012 nexus event is quite important as it has been tapped in to so many times we almost have the picture.

Edited by whitewind
  • Like 1

truthfully? nobody really knows, only what we beleive it to be.

The times that i have succesfully Astral projected i always forget about this, i get caught up trying to visit my Mrs and get her attention when i am working away from home. I had a funny experience last week. I rolled out of my body ( a common tecnique ) and found that my sleeping neighbour ( Im a Fifo worker and we live in blocks of one bed cabins or dongas ) was stumbling around out of his body, rambling on about DVD players.. l watched in amusement for a while before going of on other travels. I almost asked him the next day if he remembered if he was dreaming about DVD players but thought he might find it of a strange question. lol fun times.

• Like 1

I've always believed the best place to look for the records is within, just thinking of it in terms of a system that can never be destroyed, keeps compiling through no direct influence and is almost infinite it keeps bringing me back to our DNA.

Incredibly condensed and complex, also we already know it stores all the information it needs to recreate itself perfectly, and all that information is stored within 4 tiny cells at one point, it's something that transcends time through the miracle of mitosis, also it's proven that every plant in a rainforest is connected through a web of mycelium, i believe on some level we are also connected in a similar way, non locally which could explain a lot :P

just a thought. :)

ps. no time for read through, may be inconsistent babble, will check tonight :blush:

• Like 1

yep i agree with Stath... the akashic records are our DNA.

dna contains the whole history of your genes...from the very beginning (which depending on your belief system...may include outer space and distant galaxies).

in meditation or deep psychedelic states one can access this information and it is literally like a library.

a friend i know said that when he had some fungus with syrian rue it unlocked the akashic records for him and he spent about four hours surfing his genetic history and DNA. all he had to do was think of something and it would appear in the records for him to inspect.

it's one of those things that are hard to believe in until you find yourself experiencing them.

One of the main problems I have with all these kinds of claims to secret higher wisdom, whether it be through channelling or accessing these akashic records through astral travelling etc is that no one who gets in touch with this universal consciousness ever seems to come back with anything that could not have been derived from their own thoughts.

If people claiming to be in touch with this higher wisdom actually came up with any original or unique insights and/or discoveries I would of course be impressed, but they always seem to come out of these experiences spouting the same derivitave new age concepts they went in believing.

• Like 1

^^ If the records are DNA, and you pop in and have a read - then you're only going to find what you know already, but may have forgotten? The reading into the future and 'unique or original insights' might not be encoded in your DNA yet...

I've asked to be shown something I didn't know (or didn't think I knew) - and I was. An engineering concept that's so bizzare and so simple it's beautiful. A 'Z' shaped piece of material looped around and fed back onto itself makes a never ending spirally locked pipe. 2 months later - I saw an article 'revolutionary new engineering concept makes pipe jacking faster and stronger' - and there was my vision, which I'd built out of paper 2 months before and stuck on my shelf to remind me that you get what you ask for.

no one who gets in touch with this universal consciousness ever seems to come back with anything that could not have been derived from their own thoughts.

thats the point isn't it? it's universal conscisouness. it's already in your mind, you just haven't tapped it yet. i challenge anyone to come up with anything ever that hasn't been derived from their own thoughts.

a quote from Lon Milo Duquette comes to mind: 'it's all in your head. you just have no idea how big your head is'.

• Like 2

I went for a walk in Byron Bay - I'd never been there before and went there for some soul searching.

I deliberately decided to 'walk where my feet took me' - I wandered down a little alley and up some stairs, I had no idea where i was going and wasn't even sure I was still in a public place - and walked right into the 'Abraxas Bookshop' - I spent the next 5 hours in there and could have spent my entire week there. They have a section on the Akashic records and it was the second spot I walked to in the bookshop. The first book i grabbed (randomly off the shelf) was the one i was looking for. This doesn't happen to me often, and if someone told me to do what I did and expect results I would have laughed at them for a month, and still be laughing. But it happens all the time now. I guess just being open to whatever can land you in places you didn't even know you wanted to be.

Good bookshop, well worth a look if you're up that way - and there were plenty of books on Akashic records - but I wasn't ready for them at the time.

• Like 3

it's already in your mind, you just haven't tapped it yet. i challenge anyone to come up with anything ever that hasn't been derived from their own thoughts.

What chilli was saying that those people put those thoughts into their mind throughout the course of their waking (or sleeping?) life. And then he said that with those thoughts, no other thoughts seem to be bred that couldn't have come from the thoughts that were more-or-less deliberately absorbed.

There are many points of contention against this idea in this form. I have no doubt that most (perhaps all?) of what happened in the history of ever is still able to be known.

But it cannot fit verbatim onto DNA - DNA's information capacity is too low to contain a percentage of human knowledge. Secondly, there's almost no spare DNA at all. The emerging picture is that DNA is a network, and certain sections of DNA can turn on other sections of DNA through the presence of environmental characteristics. DNA can also code things through higher levels of repetition, and it's not quite understood why this repetition exists. This field is partially encompassed by epigenetics: http://en.wikipedia....iki/Epigenetics

I have no doubt that due to the infancy of epigenetics, a large number of its conclusions will be wrong or misinterpretations of actual conclusions (mostly this arises from the current bias towards publishing non-null results in research).

DNA is not a library in this sense. You can't go to section M3A and find Michaelangelo.

Secondly, DNA only has evidence of what survived. The special elements of long-extinct DNA are gone, due to those creature's extinction. Much of DNA is common between species, so extinct DNA will contain gigantic sections that are the identical to modern DNA, but this is nothing spooky. It's estimated (pretty accurately) that no more than 1% of all species that ever existed are alive today.

Lastly, I don't preclude the possibility of there being a method to access all knowledge, but I don't see any usefulness that people gain by "accessing such knowledge". There are certain fundamental characteristics of the way the brain works that could be argued are "universal truth". One of these is "everything is one". As an aside, a computer might think "everything is twos", as a result that everything it can represent is represented by powers of two. Anything that can't be represented by twos cannot enter into a computer, hence it would never have any reason to doubt that conclusion.

For humans, it's not quite so bleak. But our conclusions are often based from "abstractions". A funny example that you might all have witnessed is asking children to count numbers. When they start, they might learn from 1-5, or 1-10. Then there's a hilarious grey zone where they some numbers higher up, but not the pattern that describes all counting numbers. So you get:

child: "21, 22, 23, 24."

adult: "what comes next?"

child: "I haven't figured the next one out yet."

But as you grow slightly older, you then know that any natural number (= counting number) can be made by simply adding +1 to the previous one. Theoretically you could count into the billions of billions of trillions of gazillions.

So this process that we can pinpoint here, continues for as long as you continue to learn (learning does not imply education). Concepts join together. Even religious people do it:

child: "did god make apples?"

adult: "yep, god make apples."

child: "but what about oranges?"

Eventually, rules get learned. In practice, rules get layered upon rules. I could use an example from maths, for example the concept of dimensions. You might finally grasp the concept of a number line (each number is +1 of the previous one). You might get taught the cartesian (= 2d plane). You might get taught 3d space. Maybe you're even so good as to know 4d space. But now you are like that child:

adult: "1d, 2d, 3d, 4d"

supreme being: "what comes next?"

adult: "I haven't figured the next one out yet."

Unfortunately for us, it's believed that we cannot hold in our heads 5d space. It's strongly thought you probably can't even hold 4d space in your head (I was generous and let you have the benefit of the doubt). You might know the mathematical definition that allows and infinite construction of an any-dimensional space, but it doesn't allow you to actually grasp the 557th dimension, just as you can't grasp Skewe's number (without the fuzzy glove of abstraction).

So where I was going with this segue, is that rules get layered onto rules, onto rules... and the logical conclusion if you keep going higher is that there is "one rule to describe them all." This is almost certainly due to the structure of the brain, as it supports learning by rules. For example, how many humans came to the conclusion that "everything is twos"? Actually quite a lot in the past, but Eastern thought and newer Western thought thinks it's gone gone past dualism into the concept of unity [i.e. that dualism is just how an example of unity, or something]. Same thing with trinities - they're also expressions of unity. But maybe there is no unity, and trinities are the real deal - if quarks are the alpha and omega, then that could be the case. ^^

Now I just want to end with the point of usefulness: the world is full of hungry people. Hungry is the most cruel euphemism for it. These people experience the pain of choking yourself until you black out for days on end, crawling on the ground futilely trying to surive while the maggots already sense they can't. What has akashic knowledge, and that done for these people? As far as I know - nothing.

Then we have people like Norman Borlaug (http://en.wikipedia..../Norman_Borlaug), who saved over a billion people from starvation through crop science. I'm not saying what he did is perfect, but I'm saying it's better than nothing.

Edit: I should add this last point is not proof these records don't exist, but just to frame their usefulness.

Edited by CβL
  • Like 2

Seems to me there are two ways of approaching the question.

The inner truth is that most of our DNA does nothing except perhaps provide a genetic memory bank.

The other approach is simply that this moment can only exist as a result of the past and that therefore there is a tangible link to that past.

The means to follow that link and interpret that that information becomes the question.

akashik records -> The Aquarian Gospel of Jesus the Christ -> 'lost years' of jesus christ -> jesus in india -> qualia/corroboree

i'd not paid much attention to this thread, and yet here i am. funny how things work out, isn't it.