The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

incognito

Chiral

I agree with every point you've made, PH. And is my thoughts on what's going on. I am one of those who's been left in the lurch with this, but I do feel having met him a few times that there's no real malicious intent behind what's going on. You'd pretty much know if I was pissed off with him about this, as I was with Cuntface. I guess many people would think I'm an absolute twit: fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me and all that. I know where he lives but I'm not going to share that, despite being pretty sure nobody here would get physical with him or endanger his family. I'm very private and I'd go ballistic if someone gave out my address so I couldn't do that to anyone else, unless it was a reeeaaally big deal.

Well it's good to know from the people who are actually involved that they don't think there was any intent from Chiral. Hopefully he gets in touch with people and makes good on his trades. From the way people talk about him, I'm sure he would be welcomed back with open arms after making good on trades.

PS: Sorry for bringing any extra, unnecessary negativity into this thread with my above musings.

I was harrased by chiral for a trade back in march no i never offered a trade, he saw me posting about a particular plant and started to PM me offering quite lavish gifts in return for quite a large trade at first i wasnt keen but after weeks of contacting me about it and givin that he was a mod with such a high post count and the offers just kept getting better i thought i would oblige so after harvesting kilos of root systems and ounces of seed which took forever i sat back and waited for my return to no avail. His behaviour on the forum became quite nurotic around that time and i was worried i may have contributed to his deteriorating mental health. feeling bad i never spoke up at the time i thought perhaps he did send the trade and it never arrived or perhaps he was to fried and honestly forgot. now i wish id spoken up.

I know right now i have a trade outstanding i have to post myself alought somtimes late ive always honoured trades. perhaps we need a defined time period in which to honour a trade then after that we need a thread for outstanding trades which other members can publicly view and make an informed decision whether or not to deal with particular members.

another person i have been ripped by is REV AT TROPICAL FOOD FOREST (i will remain silent no more :angry: ) after placing an order and trying to contact him for a month then having to post publicly over at AE he got back to me saying he had already posted it alought reading through his posts over there it appears he was out of the country when i transfered the money if any one knows that pricks adress please let me know im only down the road from townsville and would love to knock on his door and have a word.

Revs been a bit late with me but hes come through...(this was a trade outside of his website)

Maybe try PMing him again on AE. Im sure hed be willing to have a chat.

Majority of trades ive had with people on both forums have been great, and its how ive gotten such a great garden to relax in.

To those people :worship::blush:

He claims his positive it was sent, it was through his site and like i said there are posts of his around that time over at AE where he mentions being overseas also he has disabled PM over at AE and takes weeks to reply to emails. ive told him it didnt arrive his reply was its been sent and that his too busy to enter into corrospondance. my order was completly legal (although his site does sell some very grey area products) so perhaps his parcells are being intercepted by the authoroties still i cant see any legitimate reasons my parcel wouldnt have arrived unless the post office lost it but looking at the writing on the wall and listening to my innermost gut feeling i really dont belive thats the case :(

so ill change my statment to I NEVER RECIVED MY PRODUCTS FROM TROPICAL FOOD FOREST AND REV REFUSED TO ENTER INTO ANY CORROSPONDANCE AND IS KNOWN TO BE OUT OF THE COUNTRY ON A REGULAR BASIS!!!

Ive had packages dissapear somewhere along the line and felt that i`ve had to repay the loss, putting myself doubly out of pocket...

Best to start another thread over at AE if you want it solved,imho.

Hope it gets sorted for both parties.

Ive had packages dissapear somewhere along the line and felt that i`ve had to repay the loss, putting myself doubly out of pocket...

Absolutely, these things happen occasionally, and as a seller sometimes you need to cop a loss to keep your trading partner happy and preserve your good reputation. One also has a responsibility to check emails etc, maybe not every day, but if trades are in progress, certainly at least once every week. Communication is essential.

another person i have been ripped by is REV AT TROPICAL FOOD FOREST (i will remain silent no more :angry: ) after placing an order and trying to contact him for a month then having to post publicly over at AE he got back to me saying he had already posted it alought reading through his posts over there it appears he was out of the country when i transfered the money if any one knows that pricks adress please let me know im only down the road from townsville and would love to knock on his door and have a word.

I have his address...its written on my hand.... come knock on my door if you think you can get it.

pm for my address. Im just down the road from you

Hi Guys, i doubt that hunab had any bad intentions. Things like this usually happen step by step. Downward Spiral Style. Up to the point where it gets difficult to look people in the Eye. He´s a good guy but he has some emotional Issues.

Hunab, i know your reading this because im sure you DO care what people say or think about you. It´s never too late and now it´s time to get your shit together. Seriously. You are not that type of guy so be a man and act like one. What is a man that you cant take by his word? You can fall as long as you get up again. Think about how you want to be seen by your friends and family; or by your kids. Situations like this create waves that can shutter your whole social network so do something about it before it get´s too big. If you cant repay people at once; fine. But get in touch with them and make arrangements. Just think about what your losing here, Hunab. There´s a whole bunch of people who like and who believe in you. I personally believe in you. Dont let us down. Many people in this scene have welcomed you right from the start and it felt to me like you found a place that you belong to. Think twice before you leave all that behind. Betraying someones trust sticks like the glue. bye Eg

From what I've been told by somebody who has directly seen him very recently and used to see him regularly that there are legal issues at bay. The info I was given is that he had his phone and computer confiscated. I'd imagine it'd make sense for police to leave his phone on to try and keep a record of who continued to contact him and for what reasons, as his phone continued to ring for some time after he dropped off.

From somebody who was owed no money and used to see him regularly merely to sit on his lounge on my lunch break due to close proximity to work I cannot understand why he would cease communication with me as well if he wasn't in some type of trouble. Last time I saw him it was about 7 days before he dropped off the radar completely - he mentioned a risky involvement\encounter with somebody who was in big trouble for big reasons. He was preparing to get rid of incriminating stuff because he was stressed and strung out, and to quote "I've got a wife and kid who are my world. I have a job that I love. I can't be doing this stuff anymore".

When he disappeared I personally assumed legal problems straight away because of these things, so as of consequence proceeded not to contact him about anything incriminating and only about whether he had the day off on a day I was working because he was always willing to offer me a cup of tea and a conversation.

I was well aware of his substance usage and what situation he was in, and what his household dynamics were like to some degree... his wife and kid definitely don't deserve to be in situation with people rocking up to his door asking demanding money because he kept his substance usage and involvement in such secretive from his wife.

For these reasons I believe that he is telling the truth on this matter, however I don't know what information Torsten has to prove that he is not telling the truth.

And for these reasons also I would personally advise to refrain from trying to settle debts of an incriminating nature just to be cautious for your own well being... purely to not put yourself at risk on the chance that he is telling the truth.

^^^Yup...well Sky television I'm pretty sure. Mixing live sound for one employer when you're settled down with a wife and kid would be a dream job for somebody who works in sound.

My house mate is an ex member of a particularly famous Norwegian black metal band who works as a sound engineer.. he's used to a crazy lifestyle and can handle working erratic, inconsistent hours for multiple employers at multiple venues available on a 24 hour schedule. My other mate is 23 and does the same thing, and even that gets on top of him.

Being around 40, settled down and trying to do such would suck balls when you've gotta fit your shifts in with your wife based on who can be home to look after a young child.

although some of us (me included), seem to be quite understanding of his trouble,

i want to say one thing,

i would never, ever trust him again and,

hot potatoe members, me no like.

i'm sorry, i thought he would make a good mod.

but i think, many other members where impressed by his input here aswell....

And that is perfectly understandable PH.... however I don't think he is looking for people from this community to trust him again or hear from him again.

Whether his motives were driven by self preservation, or driven by greed, or driven by desperation - I don't know if we'll ever truly find out... but if he's willing to completely cut out what was a key part of his life to disappear like that I think we should let him disappear.

I know it sucks when this shit happens, but ultimately in life this shit happens.

I've been ripped off by people in this community before. I sent them shit, and they just disappeared off the map without sending me the hundreds of dollars owed - and I got over it. I've been ripped off by dealers before - and I got over it. I got sold counterfeit tickets to a Prodigy concert by a scammer on eBay - and I got over it.

"Isaiah 2:22 - Stop trusting in man, who has but a breath in his nostrils. Of what account is he?"

I've been sold counterfeit 'tickets' too, lol.

I can't recall EVER being ripped off buying through people on these forums. Sometimes people can be a bit slack in sending things out...bloody stoners...but generally there'll be MORE than what I paid for when I get it. To me it's simple. I don't spend more online than I could afford to lose. I rarely spend more than $30 or so at a time, and regardless of whether it's from here, ebay, reliable online vendor etc. I will not spend more than $100 (except under rare circumstances) online unless it's registered post or equivalent. I just can't afford the heartache of having my shit stolen.

Obviously people have a right to be upset at an individual when they are ripped off, but just for ones own sake, I think it's a good idea to be careful when buying online.

Indigo, did you make a claim through ebay regarding the counterfeit tickets? I don't know much about it as I've never needed it, but I've heard of people getting their money back when they're sold counterfeit goods.

This was maybe 5 years ago re: the counterfeit tickets so my memory about if ebay had services available for such is a bit hazy. There was nothing that could be done - this person had scammed something ridiculous like $20000 on various tickets in a short amount of time and fled the country.

Sucked because we got there on the night, tickets didn't work and ended up buying another set of tickets just to see the gig... but hey the gig was good, the pills were good and life went on :P.

I've taken risks buying stuff online or dealing with people online and lost out - but I accepted risk when I committed to such transactions.

i admit i'm intrigued by all this, thinking back i vaguely recall chiral getting the shits with something, changing his name to drugged out liar, posting more for a little while, i wonder at what point he decided to intentionally rip people off (which seems to be what you're acknowledging, indigo).

TBH i don't think it's fair for you to say to those who were burned 'i think we should let him disappear'. we've all been ripped off, it doesn't mean you just cut your losses at the drop of a hat.

TBH i don't think it's fair for you to say to those who were burned 'i think we should let him disappear'. we've all been ripped off, it doesn't mean you just cut your losses at the drop of a hat.

I tells ya, if i were in his town, or even his state , I would be camping outside his bedroom window.

Its not the money ,its the principle.

I dont feel as though chiral owes me anything i just feel like id been suckerd in. Thanks for the lesson bro.

And lickapop if Rev had told me he had posted the package then not blocked me from contacting him after the first time id contacted him about it i probably would have accepted that and probably tried to place another order down the line.

Id love to catch up with you if your just down the road if theres no hard feelings, and if your a personal friend of Revs perhaps you could have a word to him about talking out an issue instead of running away from it. his customers would feel a little more assured if he remained contactable.

From somebody who was owed no money and used to see him regularly merely to sit on his lounge on my lunch break due to close proximity to work I cannot understand why he would cease communication with me as well if he wasn't in some type of trouble. Last time I saw him it was about 7 days before he dropped off the radar completely - he mentioned a risky involvement\encounter with somebody who was in big trouble for big reasons. He was preparing to get rid of incriminating stuff because he was stressed and strung out, and to quote "I've got a wife and kid who are my world. I have a job that I love. I can't be doing this stuff anymore". [/b]

This whole story smells pretty fishy to me. This is a different story to what Chiral had told one of the members that has just had recent contact with him. In my experience if i guy is telling different stories to different people there is a lie behind all of it.

I am damn sure that if a person was up on these particular charges they WOULD NOT be out walking around a free man and he still is.

For sure people go on benders and forget everything but their particular substance of choice and even come up with trades, schemes and scams to generate cash or substance to feed these benders. I can fully understand how this has turned out.

However i do not believe one bit of the whole "i have been busted by the cops and im under surveillance" story and i think he may have come up with this so people like us with sometimes dubious trades stay away from him in fear.

Chiral, i am sure you are reading this. I can understand the fix your in but you need to contact all the people you owe and work something out with them. Just to turn your back on the people that have befriended you because the going got a little rough aint the thing to do.

Chiral owes me nothing, but he has hurt a few of my friends and hurt our little community

from what i have gatherd,the fact he was ripping people off BEFORE he was supposedly under surveillance... shows that the story is bullshit.

It might be possible there's a link with the recent big busts going on. It wouldn't surprise me.

pretty sure a friend has his a address, but i must say... i had vibes about this guy all along, and i did share them...