The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
tonic

The Big 1000th post Giveaway

Well I'm not quite at 1000 posts but close enough to it to do a pre emptive giveaway (will no doubt have 1000 anyway after this thread)B)

I have two packs to give away, one is more herbs and things and the other is more cactus and drought hardy plant orientated. Generally if the number of seed isn't indicated it is because I can't be bothered going through it all and counting it. The two packs will both contain generous amounts of seed.

To enter please make a post that explains why you need/want the pack.

The conditions of entry:

One pack per person, there are two packs only. One entry per person.

You must have posted 50 or more times here at The Corroboree and have been a member for atleast 6 months.

You must not live in WA or TAS as there will be small amounts of soil and/or potting mix on the roots of some plants.

You must cover the postage costs as I truly cannot afford it. (Sorry about that).

Pack #1

20 Albizzia julibrissin seeds

Albizzia sp. seeds

Brugmansia spp. Apricot coloured flowers 20cm plant(origin VM)

Cassia pendulans seeds

Capsicum seeds

Cayenne seeds

Rivea corymbosa seeds

HBWR seeds

Heavenly Blue seeds

Acacia acuminata seeds

Argemone mexicana seeds

Heimia salicifolia seeds

Heimia salicifolia 10cm Plant

Nicotiana excelsior seeds

Nicotiana sanderae ‘Fragrant Cloud’ seeds

Acorus calamus root

Peganum harmala seeds

Delosperma bosseranum Couple of healthy seedlings

& A clean (not sterile) print

and possible extras...

Pack #2

Acacia acuminata seeds

Red Khat Catha edulis 10cm plant

Pedro cuts/rooted basal section

2 X Scop X Bridge seedlings

100+ Trich hydrid mix seeds

20 SP X Psycho0 seeds

15 x Loph W Weisse Bluete, Parras & Huizache seeds

10 x Ariocarpus mix seeds

10 X Ariocarpus fissuratus seeds

20 X Ariocarpus trigonus seeds

10 X Astrophytum asterias ‘Texas’ seeds

Parodia magnifica pup

Peganum harmala seeds

Stapelia spp. ‘Carrion Flower’

Heimia salicifolia seeds

Delosperma bosseranum Couple of healthy seedlings

& A clean (not sterile) print

and possible extras...

Good luck.

:lol:

EDIT: Cannot post overseas either, sorry.

Edited by Phos D

Dang thats generous Phos D. Gonna be a couple of lucky bastids.

Congrats on the near milestone.

Cheers mate. I haven't been as involved in this here community as much as I would like lately unfortunately and just wanted to express some gratitude to the Aussie ethno community at large.

You guys rock!!

EDIT: Forgot to add, thanks people for putting up with me over this year and a half, it is appreciated.

Edited by Phos D

Great offer Phos!! :lol:

Well I NEED pack #2 becasue my collection of cacti is seriously lacking scope and I WANT it because well... thats one hell of a tasty list :devil:

Kudos to you Phos!

Edited by Harry

Good on ya Phos, I think your 1K (or thereabouts) has been warmly appreciated by the community :) Dont count this as an entry tho - I have too many seeds atm as it is... I must say that second pack does sound bloody nice though (what can I say, cacti just do it for me)! :drool2: I hope whoever snags them is able to grow the lot to their potential.

Edit: And who says post counts dont matter?? See, if you post lots you get to have giveaways! :lol:

Edited by Ace

very generous indeed phos, and very impressive.. B)

i too dont NEED but would LOVE to win pack #2 as to inspire the rest of my little gardeninos to get bushy and bulky as they have been rather disheartened and a little limp due to the winter wipeouts they've been receiving.

so good luck fellow contestants!

peace x

Hey Phos...congrats on the 1000th post, hopefully many more to come.

I need pack 2 because I caught the entho bug around a year ago (when I joined this forum) and I can't kick it.

My collection however, is still lacking somewhat...and many of the plants in pack 2 are things on my 'to find' list.

G'luck to whoever snags it, and very generous of you Phos.

Peace,

Mind

I need to post more. Good work some generious people on this forum.

Would like any of the packs, as I love gardening and have copious amounts of land to plant these beauties out.

Am sure to do the same when i have 1000 posts aswell.

Have only been a member for five months though.

Cheer anyways, very nice gesture.

That's a generous give-away Phos D :worship: . I love giving stuff to people, so I imagine this must be very satisfying for you.

I'd love either pack, both of them have a lot of seeds that I don't yet have (and are on my very long list of things to get).

Cheers.

Yeti101

What a gesture, Phos for PM!

I'd love to get my grubby lil paws on pack one, it'd fill many many lil holes (almost uncanninly well) and climate wise, most of that stuff wouldn't be happier unless it was being grown by the bastard offspring of Jesus and Jackie French. Then in a year's time, it'll get ploughed back into the community, generally in the form of "start ya bastard" for the free stuff thread :P nothing worse than a stuck thread, though tapeworm comes close.

Pack two is either things I already have enough to get confused with (they're probably your genes anyways, haha) or things better off in the hands of more dedicated collectors... I know I'd feel like a right bleeder if someone more like Ace didn't get those Ario beans, haha.

Oh, and it'd be nice to get a chunk of my own brug back, it can tell tales of its travels to the rest of its... self? And out of everything on earth, Heimia just hates my guts, seedwise, so something with ROOTS would be nice :lol:

Total legend, much respect, here's a favourite herbal to your next thousand-and-one-nights, Phos :)

VM

edity, on closer inspection, Ace is very, very carefully NOT asking to enter for the second ones, so bugger him and his subtlety :P Harry ONTH has a disarming honesty about his green greed, so I'll second him for pack 2 haha.

Edited by Vertmorpheus

Thanks again for the friendly welcome when I first arrived here.

Champion.

I would sell my SOUL (well ok not my soul. how about a kidney?) for pack 2 because i only have two things in that list and one is the print. the other isn't even pachnoi! Growing cacti (ecs. from seed) keeps me sane. There would be no greater honour than being able to grow that list. i would dedicate myself to growing those seeds wholeheartedly and I would definitely redistribute the seeds ect. in a couple of years when the opportunity arises(ok maybe a bit longer for the arios :lol:)

Much respect to you, sir. Phos D :)

EDIT: when does the comp actually end? on your 1000th post? and that 'personal photo' of you is a charmer! i didn't realise you were a muppet :lol: not that i dislike muppets.

Edited by misteek

Congrats Phos D on the posts and thanks for giving away free stuff :)

I would like to get my hands on pack 1. Reason being I really lack in any ethnos besides cacti,

so the pack would really help get me started. Also I would be sure to pass it on many times over when

possible.

Cheers.

Not only am I a muppet, I am also a muppet who plays the drums...or am I?

Some good responses here, would be great to see some more interest in pack #1 but pack #2 is pretty groovy.

I realise now that I forgot to put when this comp will end. I will make it a week from THIS post just to make it fair.

It's going to be a really hard choice and may have to raffle the numbers in a hat.

Good luck.

EDIT: Typo

Edited by Phos D

I wasn't going to enter but thought I would throw my hat in...

I would like pack like 1 because although I'm a relative newbie to this forum - I feel that my eyes and mind are opening to a wider range of ethno plants beyond the usual crowd pleasers (Lophs, Trichos etc) with this new appreciation and time it has taken to get it, I now know I'm in this for the long term and therefore have the time and patience to see these plants and seeds grow and flourish. And in time, hopefully provide me with goodies to give away at my own 1000th post giveaway.

Cheers

Very gernerous and a fanatastic idea !! Congrats on the mile stone.....Well wishes only NOT an entry. I couldn't fit it in my yard if I wanted to :( wayyy too many cacti

Comp ends 1:00pm tomorrow. Last chance to enter folks :wink:

Ok all done. The two winners have been notified by PM to save confusion(my confusion :rolleyes: ), feel free to post about it here. The winners were raffled from a hat. The hat never lies. Congrats to the winners and thanks everyone else for entering the comp. Ya never know, there will likely be a 2000th post giveaway too.

I wish I could have given everybody something but there just wasn't enough.

Cheers.

Phos-

Edited by Phos D