The Corroboree
Johnjohn86

Please take the time to watch

Have been hearing about this every now and then. The guy is a total nutter. Very sad to see what happens in other regions without the rest of the world even knowing. In times when most people learn about the mass murders in burma from the movie Rambo, its a good sign we´re in trouble. Hope some more people from the press catch up the story.

Edited by Evil Genius

I can't see it? Is this the KONY video?

OK, perhaps some may see this as paranoid delsusion but....

I am forever a skeptic of all things media, whatever form it takes.

I wonder if there are political motivations behind it ?

most killings in Africa are manifestations of power struggles between the East and the West, as in Darfur and Rwanda and countless other examples. There are many a criminal more devious evil and cunning than "Mr.Krony"

I Cant say this man is either innocent or guilty, as this is the first I have heard from him. - but sounds like a withcunt and distraction from other influences and issues.

I dont want to kill the enthusiasm and emotion people feel when seeing this - but I think energies need to be focused a lot higher up than Mr.krony !(edit) ok - just watched the other half.... There is a lot of good in this. Perhaps I am overly skeptical. Still something just doesn't sit right

Edited by tipz
  • Like 1

Yea its Interesting to see this reaction after majority of people have only watched this one 30 minute doco or call it what you will, it's pretty crazy really. Although I like the idea of people realizing if they come together what can be achieved, hopefully is the start of something better

drunk post :scratchhead:

Edited by Psylo Dread

Kony is bad news, that's for sure. But like everything in life, things are a little more complicated.

Read here.

And here.

It seems the question isn't whether or not Kony should be toppled (though, there's the question of whether there is anything left to topple anymore), the question is, who are the guys behind this particular campaign, and should they be the spokesmen for the movement? More pertinent perhaps: should donations for this cause go through them? There's some questionable history there...

Cynicism is gross, especially when we're talking about lives, but mindless activism doesn't do anyone any favours either.

• Like 2

The slacktivist online movement of KONY 2012 is a complete sham. The org is run by american-centric fools, who completely support military action as a means of resolution, take millions of dollars worth of raised funds as 'salary', and manipulate the information they present in their terrible films. More than $8 million was raised by this org last year, and only 31% actually went to their cause. That is less than one third. The rest goes to them and their ridiculous films.

"This has been happening for YEARS?? If this happened ONE NIGHT in America, it would be on the cover of Newsweek!" - I wanted to scream at this asshole to get his head out of his ass. Not to mention the over-simplified view presented, the hyper-sensationalism catering almost exclusively to an American audience, and the exploitation of images of legitimately vulnerable people. FURTHERMORE the presentation of the dangerous (and frankly, racist) idea that white Americans (or white people in general) are the only people in the world who can solve the problems of other groups of people.

Ahh, us white people, we really are the saviours of poor black people, aren't we? NO WE ARE NOT!!!! Kony has been on the international political agenda for YEARS, and has actually been on the run for a while, if he isn't already dead. The film makes it seem as if all of Central Africa's problems with violence are because of Kony, rather than the reality of highly complex endemic violence with white colonisation at its root. Don't get me wrong, Kony absolutely is an evil psychopath who needs to be gotten rid of, but the KONY 2012 film is deliberately misleading and full of lies. And the org is completely supportive of the Ugandan army, which is an army known to normalise rape, disfigurement, ect. as war tactics. It is despicable.

It's amazing how much shit people are willing to swallow if it is presented in diffused light, soft colours and dramatic music..

-dio

• Like 5

seems like bad properganda. lol to the use of his kid.

• Like 1

its on the 7pm project right now...considering i watched this this morning, from a newbie whose first post was about salvia, and am now seeing it on a major media outlet.....scares me.....the speed at which this has blown up...makes me sceptical

Edit: just looked geographically at Uganda, and its placement within the continent from Sun tzu's perspective, and its scary no matter how you look at it. If i were a mighty general trying to take/control/make decisions in the entrie land mass, then Uganda is where its at. Consider the lawnessness, poverty and divide between neighbouring countries and faiths, then this place is suddenly like a little fortress in the middle of a shit storm.

Edited by 2Deep2Handle
  • Like 1

dont ya think its strange that they found a shit load of oil on the Ugandan border and now the US want to invade.

I thought the LRA has been inactive since 2006???

• Like 2