The Corroboree
7baz

just got asulted

was happily minding my own business walking down to shops and a bunch of guys drinking throwing water balloons at people from there balcony.

well those chose a wrong target namely me , i yelled at them to come down , they wouldnt , so i started kicing there front door in , the tallest and biggest one comes down and grabs me and shoves me up against a wall , im chocking and he wacking the side of my head in.

keep in mind im only a lil fella , im 5 foot 7 and 54 kg

is it worth the hussle of calling the cops ?

i mean it not like im gona get any financial gain out of it lol

Edited by 7baz
  • Like 1

do it. sound like a pack of shit heads.

probably the most use you'll ever get out of a copper, i say make their day a bit worse (the inconsiderate yobbos in the castle)

Yeah man, call the cops for sure. Cunts like that deserve to be taken down. Also, that's supposedly what cops are there for (protection).

Yeah call the cops, you may potentially save someone in the same position as you were or worse later on in the night

• Like 2

From an ethical viewpoint, you have every right to stick up for yourself in that sort of situation, but from a legal standpoint, you were not defending yourself as you could have just walked away. It's possible that it would be seen as them defending their property.

Generally in that sort sort of situation, I choose not to get involved. There have been times where some drunk idiot has bumped into me in the pub and started yelling at me. I apologise and offer to buy them a drink. There's no point in lowering yourself to their level IMHO, and I think you last a bit longer if you have that kind of attitude.

• Like 4

Could go for victim of crime if you do report it, that'll be some financial gain :)

Thats ball bags man :( it's shit getting smashed for no reason other then people being dickheads.

Few years ago I got fucked over when i was walking home, don't know how many people did it can't remember a thing (I wasn't drunk, they just messed my head up) so whoever did it they got away with it it sucks ass!

Edited by Jonstn

Yeah sorry bro I'm with ballzac, next time fight with your words

Edit: I suppose kicking in someone's door is just asking for a fight.

Edited by tripsis

You kicked his door in and entered his abode. You dont have a leg to stand on.

Im literally more than twice your size and that is not something i would be game to do. Technically he is in his right to have taken to you with a baseball bat if he so wished.

If you were that incensed you should have called the police and had them charged with assault right then and there. Or you could have just been the bigger man and moved on ? Or get your revenge in an indirect way if you are so inclined ?

Edited by tipz

I agree with Ballzac and one would probably get jack shit out of the coppers.

The first rule of self-defence and survival(intelligent behavior) is don't get involved in and avoid dangerous situations. Keep your wits about you and only enter these situations if one trully believes that the price/risk is worth it.

From an ethical viewpoint, you have every right to stick up for yourself in that sort of situation, but from a legal standpoint, you were not defending yourself as you could have just walked away. It's possible that it would be seen as them defending their property.

I agree with this If you call someone out and then try and kick their door in you need to be able to back it up yourself as the police are not going to be able to help after the fact.

On the other hand the big lug should have opened the door and told you to fuck off or at worst thrown you of their property.

Always the best bet is to walk away.

I hope you are all right 7baz

Cheers

Got

Well you were on his property "kicking his door in"

If you do call the cops, id put that differently ...

• Like 1

Hope he didn't hurt too much baz, I'd be miffed if someone punched the pretty off me

I hope you are all right 7baz

I likewise hope you are alright. :)

Also they physically attacked him first with their projectiles.

It doesn't matter who started it. He chose to get involved in an altercation that he could have walked away from. The law is pretty clear on matters like this. What he did was not self-defence from a legal standpoint, whereas what the other party did could be presented as self-defence (or defence of property) if it went to court.

Does defense of property justify physical violence in a court of law?

I think it has to do with whether the response is proportionate to the threat. i.e. you can't kill someone simply because they break into your house. Where exactly the line is drawn would depend on precedents I assume. Anyone with any real legal knowledge here? lol

Well, unless there is actual evidence of damage to the property, I doubt that argument would hold up in a court. There is however (or at least should be) evidence of physical damage to baz's head. Who's more likely to be charged? But I, like you, am just basing my thoughts on assumptions. No legal knowledge here.

• Like 1

Well, I would think that

yelling at them to come down

and then

starting to kick there front door in

would be considered enough to take some sort of reasonable action to prevent the immediate threat. The only way 7baz could go to the police with any expectation of getting their support is if he lies, or if he exercises his right to remain silent. If he lies, he'd better hope there isn't a shoe print on their door or something. If he remains silent, it kind of defeats the purpose of going to the police in the first place.

I would seriously suggest you speak to a lawyer if you're considering going to the police.

i decided to let it go.

karma has its ways lol

i think after that episode and i walked off home after the guy let me go.. they prob half woke up and thought.. fuck maybe we should stop.

but i mean comon , to throw waterballoons at innocent people on the street.. and these guiys where in there late 20s , early 30s.

god must love stupid people.. he made so many of them.

im fine , throat a lil sore , no biggie lol

im still shitty about it , not shaken up any more.. but life goes on.

i can assure there is no damage to the door nor any proof , so imposingly i told the cops yup i kicked there door , they cant charge me with anything.

provoked ? naturally.

its a catch 22 situation.

Edited by 7baz

by failing to act, you're actually encouraging them to do it again. you have a moral obligation to correct this.

keep the police out of this: these matters are best left to vigilante justice.

slash their tires or defecate on their doorstep.

• Like 3

interesting discussion.

i would have thought that given he was physically assaulted by the water balloon, and maybe even witnesses can claim that items were being thrown at people from the building, it's pretty clear that baz was provoked.

is it necessary to get a lawyer? could not one talk with the police first and see what they say? if i'm not mistaken, they're not exactly going to hear about how you kicked a door, slap on some cuffs and track down the yobbos to see if they want to charge you.

You know where they live, if it were me that were assaulted I'd load up some water bombs with vile concotions and paint stripper and give them something to cry about.

To start with...

Tire slashing and car keying doesn't sound like a totally bad idea as well.

This is all purely rhetoric though, of course.

• Like 2

you don't fuck with drug nerds okay, not from your own balcony anyway.