The Corroboree
spiders

Salvia experiences

I was reading a post recently somewhere else regarding a newbie's salvia experiences and that caused me to remember mine.

These ofcourse occured before the plant and matter became scheduled in Australia.

I remember that my friend absolutely detested his few X5 experiences, whereas mine were sort of weird - the first few times the experience was really 'awkward' or 'uncomfortable' on my perceptions - maybe this was because it changes them so profoundly.

Once i got used to that I remember i would have this experience where everything would be invelloped and it would all come down to this feeling that the core of me was becoming 'subtle' and that in this state tremendously good things could happen, but i was suseptable to not so good things occuring - like accidently going into a back room where i would be sucked into something - that wasnt all bad - but wasnt a normal thing for a human to do so it was unknown what would happen.

Ofcourse I wasnt actually moving around at all during these experiences.

After sometime, i realised that i was at some kind of stalmate and that this was as far as i would go (or some part of me was willing to go).

I never experienced terror or fear during my salvia experiences - unlike my contact with tryptamines - princaply high dosages of psilocybin - but i got the feeling that it was almost a redudant headspace or something. It had this potential but never got there.

I actually got a similar feeling from mushrooms until the dosage was increased and i tumbled over the edge. Again i always seemed to find he mushrooms were a little harsh or uncaring. But now im rambling. But they did have a lot to offer.

Chew salvia or sublingual instead of smoke

same ball.

different game.

A little of topic, but sorta not. Just wondering if salvia was cross tolerant with LSD,shrooms and mesc?

Question, salvia is it worth it?

Fucken oath.

Was my first real psychedelic experience, so i have a soft spot for her, and she for me i think.

One of the most spiritually enlightening experiences of my life was with salvia, and some tryptamines. I melted out of reality, then clawed my way back into it. nothing reinforces appreciation for living better than clawing for it :P also learnt lots of cliched spiritual stuff that had renewed, personal contextual meaning such as everything being one, and nothing mattering apart from the present.

Naja Naja, no, salvia works on opiod pathways, weird opiod pathways...

Naja Naja, no, salvia works on opiod pathways, weird opiod pathways...

Kappa Opiod receptors. ooo there is a MASSIVE difference in effect.

Hmm, may aswell use this opertunity to share my sally experience in full

Sally came to me in pure salvinorium crystal with one workd of warning "if you see the crystal on the cone, thats way too much". so when i got round to it i tried her following the rule. i felt the melty drippy feeling, then chose to craawl inside my mind. then after about 10 mins but what seamed like 40 i came down, but on the come down i felt my name pull me and then got hugged and charged with love by this entity. turned me head and i shared with exp with others that night, but an hour after come down i was talked into a bigger hit. being the fool i am, i piled up a snow cone. could have been 5-7 doses more than my 1st hit and could be seen plain as day on the cone. vapored the crystals well and all was sweet. then suddenly the cone pulled thrugh. i was beegan to say "i think i didnt get any" when my words started to melt out of my mouth, i decided i had gotten effect o i went to lay down. sober sitter tells me i started singing this song that she has never heard before, but i can recall singing a song i knew well nd at that point in time i knew others knew the song too. after that and clawing through the air, my name was pulled and i fell into this black void. everything from the world before was gone, i think i was inside the universal mind. after about 5 mins of hanging in the space of this void my body left me and i was whispy face. than a face with green eyes, blondish hair and a very narrw wide face charged at me out of the darkness but it wasnt scarey, i was happy to ee this stranger. she came to me and kissed me, then my entity exploded into a colourful lovefilled ball always shapeshifting. she watched this happen and just projected so much love. as i chnged shapes the colours blended and i felt my human form returning to the place i left it in this universe.

Sally in not for everyong and the crystals will be too much for 7/10 people. stick with leaf juice and maybe extracts. or even orbs crystal rollie papers, salvinorium in heavy. most reports are not this shinning, nd for this gift meeting i had one hell of a fucking comedown to deal with. 30 mins of joy for 1.5hours of viloent comedown. i have not tried sally since that night. and will one day, but not in the near future.

EDIT - forgot to mention this was when i was overseas ;)

Edited by Amulte

From my experiences I can say that I can relate to u bluemeanie about the redundant headspace feeling.

It felt as if I was just warping my very being in ways that it just shouldnt be! And I found it very difficult to bring anything back from the experience, except of course some trippy stories! :P

Back when it was legal I smoked 5x extract a couple of times. Once I was turned into a red tartan material pencil case :blink: , or at least that is the only way my brain at the time could describe it! Another time i was 'rolled' by a destinctly powerful, male and uncaring entity into a sandwich! There was chanting the whole time; "now ur a sandwich, now ur a sandwich" There was also a female feeling entity there that seemed to have empathy towards me, she told me I wasnt meant to be there! Very spun out indeed!

Was it worth it?

I say yes, nothing like experience! ;)

One day I hope to travel abroad and try chewing the leaves instead of smoking them... :lol:

I smoked some dried leaf (when it was legal)

At the time I tried it I had quit smoking other things for some time, ie; my lungs were 'pink' and fresh and highly sensitive.

I didnt expect anything to happen as I had previously tried some in a pipe, I packed up a water pipe and sunk the whole cone, which really irritated my lungs. I quickly packed another before exhaling and after a breath of fresh air I downed another cone worth.

It was as I was exhaling the second that I realised something was happening, I watched myself put the water pipe down reallly slowwwwly, and then turned around slowly, I felt really calm, like half of my mind had just gone to sleep. I was functioning on a very basic level. I didnt quite understand; "why am I holding onto this water pipe" and I paced back and forth wondering what I was going to to with it.

It kind of felt like when you stand up too quickly, and you start to pass out, and your head throbs a little. It seemed really empty though, I felt no presence whatsoever. I remember when it kicked in I got caught in a loop thinking I must tell my good friend of this positive experience, and suddenly It was like I was doing what I was imagining, I was telling my friend, and then I would regain my vision (eye focus) and would remember that I was here and still experiencing it. At the most intense point I felt It might be a good idea to lie down, though I didn'nt. I was completely coherent again within 5-10minutes and back to normal after 20-30mins.

It was very interesting and certainly worth the experience. If I had to relate it to another experience, the only thing that would come close in some aspects would be nitrous oxide as they had a similar feel in some way. I was fully surprised by the power and would be keen to try a 'non-smoking method' someday.

wow - interesting. I guess the bonuses are that it - for me any way - doesnt tend to go into harsh and nasty territory like the tryptamines can - the mushrooms can be such great teachers, but stern ones...

Im interested to hear these experiences because i lost track with the guy i worked with who was into salvia and i havent really met many others who have bothered to truly investigate this plant.

Did anyone else find the perceptual feelings a bit disconcerting?

nothing reinforces appreciation for living better than clawing for it tongue.gif also learnt lots of cliched spiritual stuff that had renewed, personal contextual meaning such as everything being one, and nothing mattering apart from the present.

lol remind me to hug you next time i see ya

damn i miss your insight and contribution to those trypy dayz :)

Sally for me i have settle upon is described as entering the same room as one enters with DMT but from the view of the wallpaper

same room different perspective

Nitrous and acid can be like DMT too, but rather than a first person view you get the light bulbs view

but of course thats sally smoked

sally chewed is like a whisper. the grass talks to you

a brighetning of colours and shrouding mist that envelopes with a caring shroud and say - look after yourself sailor, we love you, get a good nights sleep[ , wash behind your ears, eat healthy

Its kind of the mother you wish you had 'tucking you in' to life with good advice to keep well, stay safe, stay sane.

Feminine - yes

benevolent - yes

sally chewed is like a whisper. the grass talks to you

Hey Rev, can you chew the dried extract, and if so, how much would you need? My brother tried a sublingual dose of 5x, and reckons it didn't do anything. I've got some 5X at home (in NZ), I'm not really tempted to try smoking it, as the effects sound a bit delirious, too much like my experiences with Datura *shudder*.

Anyway, what do you reckon?

almost as if the Gods have heard my moanings, ive managed to miraculously receive a further test of this plant - now hypothetically in a dream ofcourse - and will see what the dream presents...

Hey Rev, can you chew the dried extract, and if so, how much would you need? My brother tried a sublingual dose of 5x, and reckons it didn't do anything. I've got some 5X at home (in NZ), I'm not really tempted to try smoking it, as the effects sound a bit delirious, too much like my experiences with Datura *shudder*.

Anyway, what do you reckon?

I have wondered the same actually... I cant see why it wouldnt work... Then again I wouldnt really know ;)

Can anyone provide any insight?

Hey Rev, can you chew the dried extract,

i would lie if i told you i knew

i know people who swear by sublingual tincture, ive never had the pleasure.

for me it was the, when legal , mexican shade dried leaves from SAB, rehdyrated

and other times fresh early summer leaves after a dry but mild spring - giant, crispy, shimmering like scales on as a butterfly wing, deep emerald green, extremely bitter.

and other times fresh early summer leaves after a dry but mild spring - giant, crispy, shimmering like scales on as a butterfly wing, deep emerald green, extremely bitter.

ahhh the poetry of salvia! She truley is a magnificent plant -_-

i would lie if i told you i knew

i know people who swear by sublingual tincture, ive never had the pleasure.

So in theory then, an 'extract' could be dissolved in alcohol making a sublingual tincture? Im thinkin the extract would work as is anyways but turning it into a tincture would make certain i guess.. B)

fuck yeah tis well worth it!!

my first salvia experience was really, really bizarre, so much so that barely a day goes by where i do not think about that experience and how it has impacted on my life and formed alot of my beliefs, about myself, salvia and the universe in general. When it was legal, i had a sheet of 20 times salvia infused into blotter paper. I was warned to be wary, so i was was using a hole punch to puch out doses. I was smokin one hole-punched circle of extract to nil effect. After about the fifth whole punch i was like 'fuk it , lets see if this stuff really works' and tore of a 2.5 cm square tab out of the blotter paper and put it in my pipe, which had a screen fashioned out of a piece of coke can (little holes punched into the cut out circular piece of tin) placed in the cone piece to prevent the tab from being vaporised to quickly into ash and to get a good burn on the tab from my butane lighter) all of a sudden that loud hummmmmm echoed through the room, and a kind of film ran over my arms and head and went over everyone and everything else in the room and for a second we were all frozen there. then the enlightenment-i used to have a recurring dream as a child up to the age of 12 , of that exact room , with the same people in it,in the same positions furniture the lot , leading up to the smoking of the salvia, i was in my adult body in the dream, but couldnt recognise it was me in the dream as i was a child plus i couldnt see my face, (how can u , when u are in ur body , away from a mirror)when the film went over my body and connected me and everybody and everything in the room for that one moment,and the humm began i had the realisation that at that point my childhood recurring dream would end , and i used to awaken, startled and dumbfounded. anyways , when the 'film came off' i jumped up and started marching around the room 'rather bizzarely to my mates amusement and was declaring 'come on! were in a movie man' and just kept marching till the salvia finally wore off, just shaking my head mesmerised by the realisation that i had.

its almost as if salvia really distorts time-almost like time travelling.

she is marvellous , and its a damn shame the authoritahs made it illegal.shame on them!

maybee it was then that my life really progressed in a way...out of my childhood ways of thinking, i dunno, but still rates up there as one of the most moving, thought provoking experience in my life. I believe that it is why i am not really scared when i smoke salvia, as i regularly experienced that 'bizarre sall space' in my dreams as a child. Ket works on the same sorta lines for me,, the same body feeling i used to experience in childhood dreams and is not an unfamiliar 'space for me'.

did anyone else have these kind of childhood 'psychadelic experiences'?

bit of a rant, hope it kinda makes sense!! :unsure:

Edited by jono

Wow jono, that film you describe was described by my mates as a rubber suit. my strongest experience i learnt a lot of what youre talking about. its the most similar description of a sally experience ive ever heard. it was also my strongest and by far most overwhelming. hehe thanks jono