The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Francois le Danque

I am a noob

alright, i'm sick of this. how do you change the little words under your avatar? i swear I've looked everywhere. please help me because its really annoying. :ana:

alright, i'm sick of this. how do you change the little words under your avatar? i swear I've looked everywhere. please help me because its really annoying. :ana:

Go to 'my controls', look for 'personal profile' and click 'edit profile info', you can then change the description in 'custom member title'.

I still can't find it! :( damn i suck

Have you found "My Controls"? It is up the top ^ on the right underneath Blogs...click that

When you go to the next page look on the left hand side, there will be a wide rage of options, about 2/3rds of the way down there is a link saying "Edit Profile Information"

Then it should come up with various options..It should be the 2nd or 3rd one down? Custom Member title..

What Botanika said :P

Click that and presto!

Edited by dodie303

alright this is annoying the shite out of me....i can see all of it except the bit i want to change...my controls, edit profile information, nothing there! just a heap of stuff about my msn identity and icq number....

:ana: :ana: :ana: :ana: :ana: :ana: :ana: :ana: :ana: :ana: :ana: :ana: !!!!!

I think you can't change it until you have made a certain number of posts.

Calm down man, it's just a few words...a mere bagatelle :P

a mere bagatelle :P

hahaha ^_^

I don't have the option for this either, anyone know how many posts it takes?

It's directly below this:

Welcome to your control panel

Required Information, this section must be completed

Climate or location

REQUIRED (makes it easier for others to give plant advice. Feel free to use USDA Zones, climate descriptors, or districts) 23 chars max.

and directly above this:

Your Date of Birth

Your website url

Your ICQ UIN

Your AOL identity

Your Yahoo identity

Your MSN Messenger identity

Your Location

(Check Length)

Your interests

(Check Length)

as far as I can tell if you can't see it then you aren't allowed to change that option yet (or am i talking out my butt? :huh: quick, someone get me a moderator and a perrier! :lol: )

hahaha ^_^

I don't have the option for this either, anyone know how many posts it takes?

No idea. I remember setting some thresholds, but don't remember what for. I think it was 50.

great. maybe i;ll just make a heap of crap posts like this one and i'll get there. how many's this?

great. maybe i;ll just make a heap of crap posts like this one and i'll get there. how many's this?

It tells you on the left hand side under your avatar with all of the other info..

frank - the reason why there is a threshold is so that we can keep track of noobs. once they get to 50 or so we get to know them and more importantly they get to know us and this place. from the lack of understanding you have about the details provided in the forums (eg how to edit profile, or even where your post count is), it is clear that you still have a little while to go.

As far as crap posts go to boost your rating, if I notice such behaviour you will get to start from the beginning!

This forums isn't about changing names, posting status or other secondary crap. It's about contributing and sharing.

Could a few other members with less than 70 posts please have a look if they can edit their secondary title? I can't find the settings, so this is the only way to test :blush:

T, I've always thought, why are you member no.6?

when I installed the UBB forums the very first time they came with #1 being username 'admin' and password 'admin'. There were a few people who signed up straight away from the old mail list format and by the time I realised I did not want admin as my username and there was no way of changing it I simply signed up with a new name and deleted the admin user for security.

Could a few other members with less than 70 posts please have a look if they can edit their secondary title? I can't find the settings, so this is the only way to test :blush:

I can't yet change that.

The answer's in: I couldn't change my secondary title on 50 posts but 1 post later I had control.

Yeah yeah torsten i get it...and i was joking about both the numer of posts and the crap posting things too...

thanks for all your help everyone.