The Corroboree
devance

Disturbing Eyes problem solved.

In the past month spin web type collegen type has been occuring.

A natural age thing.

To get to the treatment I thought arthristis type glucosamine would do the job easy. Didn't.

Omega type oils does.

:wacko::wacko:

Do you mean that you had a problem with your eyes, which omega (i.e. fish) oils fixed?

I don't understand the connection to sharks and electricity though... I thought cartilage was the main 'therapeutic' derived from sharks (inc. Chondroitin) , and glucosamine from marine arthopod shells.

Out of curiosity, how do the sharks fit in with your eye problem?

Im confused :huh:

i was considering posting a picture of a naturally occuring floater to disturb peoples eyes.

good taste prevented me.

Yeah Wand that right.

The shark thing was a comment on the noncommenting face icons.

No real relationship to the original experential thread.

But also a alternate threadline of interest for whose who find the original thread topic beyond their comprehension or interest.

I don't *think* that cleared anything up at all? :lol:

C'mon Devance, stop talking in code, what are you getting at here?

Surely folks here know about floaties?!? Anyone taking amphetamine type drugs would have to have observed a sudden increase in floaties the days after a binge. I see floaties as a sign of oxidative damage and they are my cue to look after my body a bit better.

Now, I've never had web-type floaties though. How do they differ in size and appearance to the usual fragment type floaties?

And please note I use the term floaties, so no toilet jokes! :P

Surely folks here know about floaties?!?

I thought this was a given...but didn't know about increase due to amphetamine use.

I used to have a real issue with them whenever i used a microscope, sometimes mistaking floaters for bacterial cells and other microbes. I have one that i see everytime I stare at the sky, or microscopy, and it resembles a thread like ebola-type virus :unsure:

i've been taking omega and EPO for awhile...maybe its moved on?

I get floaters in my eyes Torsten.

And please note the term I use! :P

23547-Josh-and-his-floaties-0.jpg

'oxidative damage' :P

:blink:

I have no idea what's going on in this thread

However I can add that floaties/ers (I've always used 'ers' but I can see why you'd prefer 'ies') can be caused by physical shock to the eye such as a punch in the face.

However I can add that floaties/ers (I've always used 'ers' but I can see why you'd prefer 'ies') can be caused by physical shock to the eye such as a punch in the face.

When I was 12 I got punched by a psycho junky lady in Wyong... still got floaters from it.

Surely folks here know about floaties?!?

I have one that i see everytime I stare at the sky, or microscopy, and it resembles a thread like ebola-type virus :unsure:

YES! I had no idea what you guys were on about but now I understand, thankyou for that.

I've always referred to them as fireworks, or at least fireworks are one sort of floaties I get. Thousands of tiny tiny black fireworks spinning and sort of exploding.

I get the ebola like ones too, sometimes they work like an elevator. Start off up top of the vision and slowly move down then you can move them back up again at will when they are just starting to drop off at the bottom of your vision. It's always quite fun manipulating them when they appear and just playing around for a while.

Wow I didn't know lots of people experienced this.

Don't touch amphetamines and can't really recall if it happens after any other substance use, i'll have to take note next time now I know what they are.

nugnug - dont you get floaters from metabolic changes and astigmatism?

Sorry, I'm still lossed. Can someone please explain what these floaties are?

I *think* they are referring to the little 'spots', or anomolies, that you will sometimes see move across your vision. It can be seen with your eyes closed sometimes or when concentrating on something detailed, like a microscope, as Wandjina said.

I thought they we're little impurities in your blood vessels floating around. But, I'm really not sure?

Don't worry Prier, we are all pretty confused by this thread. :wink:

Pancake%20Bunny.jpg

I think they are denatured protein molecules which are floating around in the aqueous humour inside the eye. That's just a guess.

'just a guess' he says. :lol:

Sounds like a pretty educated guess to me! :D