The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
dracos6

lophophora williamsi wanted

hi guys,

just wondering if anyone out there in australia has any lophopgora williamsi that are large enough to graft for sale

cheers

im lookin 4 a few myself,,maybee :cool: ill hafta wait till sab gets more in,,

[ 22. April 2005, 04:38: Message edited by: jono ]

I bought a very nice one from herbalistics for $25

its been grafted and tripled in size in 3 months

ill post a pic

I've still got a few, but they were a bit slow, so I wanted them to add a frew extra mm. Will have more in the webstore in a few days.

:cool: wicked :cool:

Bummer, i place a different order and was lookin for some too, have to buy em next time i will :P

OK, they are up.

A limited release of some white flowered williamsii too. very limited numbers!!

are they actually a white flowered williamsii or diffusa???

I'm not aware of any white diffusa. I only know white fricii and white williamsii. Mine is williamsii.

Sweet, ive placed my order. got two pending now but sall good.

YAY Torsten :D ! great first peyote for me! i need more suitable conditions before ill have any luck with seeds but YEAH!

Oh yeah thanks dracos6 for startin this thread, i wouldn't have noticed to check otherwise!

YAY i think im big kev! :D :D :P:P :D

I am tempted to purchase one also, but I feel the money would be better spent if I buy an equal costing amount of seeds and germinate them for people who have had less luck than me (now that I have a good technique for it).

i could'nt resist either

lophs a coming!!!!!!!!

id be interested in reading ur technique apoth if u feel like sharing!!!i had trouble keeping the pure coarse sand adequately wetduring their growing phase and lost about 47 of my 50 seeds that i had sown, i think they just plain withered and died??anyways going to use a more water retaining mix this spring and see how i go,

cheers,

jono :cool:

Jono, sounds like you didn't keep them covered. You can use zip lock bags or tupperware containers or whatever, but you've gotta keep humidity up... If you do this the sand will only dry out every few weeks.

kewl,it was my first go,,i was of a mind that they had to be removed from that environment after about 4 weeks after germinating or they would rot..ive learnt a bit from the failures so with a bit more research i hope to do better this coming grow season.

thanks for the advice creach

jono :cool:

woh jono you planted 50 in your first attempt?!? i had my first fail and i olny planted 4 due to my expecting to fail. i think its nearly endangered due to its hard to grow, not just the american hippies :D

i kept em in the dome but not wet enough. i should be able to reuse those seeds i think? someone set me straight there? :confused:

I bought a loph from the local markets...35mm for $10!! Also got a Tric...not too sure what species maybe a tercksii for 12 bucks and its 35cm's...gotta go back to those markets!!

i'm preatty new to brisvegas Dodie303 where did you go to see such cacti?.

i dont bother much with markets any more, gots to work for the funds.

Go to the Rocklea Markets...Its just near Moorooka..He only had 2 Lophs and 1 trich when i went there...he may have more next time though...

good luck

That guy at rocklea has always got a cupple interesting cacti. But hes a bit shifty. I asked for a loph from him, he said he only had one and they were hard for him to get, charged me 15 dollars I walked away did another lap came back there was another sitting there with a 10 dollar tag on it. I went home and washed the sucker stamp off my forehead so I wouldnt get caught again. He also told me it was the texisomething strain, but I cant find any good pics to cross reference. I just got my first 4 seedlings up 3rd time lucky.

[ 07. May 2005, 05:08: Message edited by: bok ]