The Corroboree
Being

Shhh! Do you hear that?..Its *MORE* EGA! ...(05)

Yes its true, this years Entheogenesis talks are finally ready to be heard! :D

>>> http://www.cuodan.net/~being/index.html

...There are a few quality issues, mostly due to the space heater that was blaring away keeping us all cosy in the hall during the talks, however i've cleaned them up as best i could, and compressed them down as much as possible without too much distortion.

I've also attempted to amp up the volume on peoples questions so you can make them out, but particularly when they're at the back of the room (or just have tiny little voices such as myself) you're just not going to hear them... Particularly Krusty's talk being one big discussion, mostly without microphone (and the only one to be recorded originally in MP3 instead of WAV - losing a lot of quality), its a bit of a strain at times.

but that's enough disclaimers! They're all still a bloody good listen!

Big thanks to Ronny for supplying all the info for the site, apothecary for actually making this possible by supplying the temp home, (while i get my shit together and buy a permanent home for the site) and of course to J for actually recording the talks while i was having sleep-deprived fun all weekend!

so yeah dig in! and share the addy around -would be awesome to get these unique aussie perspectives around the globe!

edit: almost forgot.. Shane and Margaret, Carl and Michael's talks which are missing will most likely be available early next year... they were stored on a mac which died somewhere between Germany and Hong Kong on our travels and its a delayed mish right now to recover the data...

Edited by Being

..just a thought -it also may be a good idea to have this thread as 'pinned' for a few days so people who don't visit the boards every day have a chance to know the site's ready?

errrr also would someone mind posting this thread up on EBA? - been ages since i've posted there and it won't let me create a new topic or even reply to any :huh:

:D Again Much love to Being and Ronny and everyone else involved in getting these greats talks up for all of us to enjoy :wub:

Excellent photos , it's all coming back to me. For those that didn't hear Krustys'talk i recomend it (stil think the phychedelic BBQ is the future ) Well done Being , great work.

Thanks guys. And thanks very much planthelper for posting it up on EBA

2b - yeah i love that line in Krusty's talk "everyone's a dj at the psychedelic bbq"...

Oh i seem to have troubles with the mp3 files i save and d/l it then when i proceed to play it i get an error :wacko:

"C00D0BB8: Cannot play the file

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. You might encounter this error message for the following reason:

You are trying to play an MP3 file that contains compressed ID3 headers. The ID3 header is a portion of the file that stores the song's album information (for example, the song name, artist name, album name, and genre). This information is sometimes called a "tag."

To fix the problem, make a copy of the file and then use a non-Microsoft ID3 tag editing program to remove or reset the file's ID3 headers. After you remove the ID3 headers, Windows Media Player should be able to play the MP3 file.

Attempting to remove ID3 headers might damage the file and make it unplayable. Therefore, always make a copy of the file before you edit it.

If this solution does not resolve the problem, the file might be corrupted.

Error ID = 0xC00D0BB8, Condition ID = 0x00000000"

Not good at all can anyone help me with this problem?

Any help would be much appreciated

Peace, YT

It's cool. If you want to buy a domain and not hosting, I can point the domain at the hosting it's on already. Much cheaper.

Young Tripper -

Have you found the problem is resolved by using another player? Sorry i never tried it in media player (as i don't have it), i should have thought to do that though!

-in a thread on the talks at ayahuasca.com, from someone who had the same problem:

Mariri

"ok, I've found out this is just a problem for windows media player. I dunked it in realplayer and its working fine !"

apoth - cool thanks :), i'll pm you about it at the apropriate time.

yeah dodgey old media player.... :uzi:

To easy installed winamp and is working fine :D

i did test winamp and one thing i'd suggest with that program (like all of them really) is using the presets, something like 'live' and maybe even fiddling a bit with the equalizer, i'm surprised what a different it makes to spoken word files.

Great, thankyou so much for this! :worship:

I was disappointed that I couldn't make it to EGA05, so this is the next best thing!

The wait was well worth it. :D

Could I just ask, you credit one speaker as Santillan de Pinto, but the MP3 file is titled Santilian.mp3

Which is the correct spelling, for my proper labelling?

Thanks again Being

That´s Great! I can´t wait to hear some of the upcoming talks like "Mushrooms in OZ" or "Lagochilus: the intoxicating mint of Central Asia ". BestRegs EG

Could I just ask, you credit one speaker as Santillan de Pinto, but the MP3 file is titled Santilian.mp3

Which is the correct spelling, for my proper labelling?

Thanks again Being

i really enjoyed putting it all together, and have learnt a great deal for doing next years recordings!

It is spelt Santillan.. that was a typo. Mr S recently put on an art exhibition, if you missed the thread:

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/inde...?showtopic=8524

it shows some of the artwork he presented during his talk... on that note i'm going to try and contact all the speakers to get some of the visual and written aspects of their talks onto the site also... it would be helpful i think for the more technical talks using diagrams ect.. and also all the great artwork. Already have Krusty's and Matt S has offered his writings..

Being you are the best, thanks for all you hard work geting this all one line. Now it is EGA for all.

Love and light

:innocent_n:

apoth - just realised i got mixed up back there.. have explained in pm.. i honestly wonder about my brain these days..

cheers so much ey.

im an audio man. i love to listen to talks online.

why doesnt someone talk a little at the start over some music to introduce each talk and give a little background info then make it a podcast?

would get many more listeners as podcast would be listed on several podcaasting databases.

more listeners means more peopel hear the message.

I've just added a few minor edits to the site Ronny let me know about.. don't know why i put 'chris H' for the photos when its actually Andy H!... anyway.. i've also added an extra photo to the third page...

The Ega email has also changed..

I've been informed there was someone else recording at the conference, so the missing talks may be up earlier than waiting for us to get our laptop fixed...

Hagakure - the introduction audio thing sounds like a good idea... i'm in communication with a lot of the speakers so if thats the go i'll also ask what they'd like there...

-in regards to podcasts i don't know much about them (for people with ipods etc?) but it sounds interesting i'll look into it for sure.

**Edit removed post.

a podacast is still justy mp3s hosted online.

the only difference is there is some code that communicates to a downloading program.

i use http://juicereceiver.sourceforge.net/index.php

so when you subscribe to a podcast you can see when new stuff is online without going to all the webpages.

you can also schedule your program to download shows automatically.

you dont require an ipod - i dont own one.

here is a pretty cool podcast on similar topics.

http://www.matrixmasters.com/podcasts/

mmm i'm sorry Hagakure, i said i'd look into the podcast thing 'for sure'.. :rolleyes: my life recipe lately has been a few more tablespoons of busy than my usual teaspoon.. and add in a couple of cups of forgettfulness too...

Funny you should post about this yesterday, as i spent much of it editing the final talks to be added to the site, yay! We finally got the laptop back from the mac people the day before, so its full steam ahead! i have shane and margarets', michael's and carl's... still waiting on a cd to arrive with the complete 'Drugs and Demonisation' talk (nudge nudge, Ronny :wink:). These should be up either tonight or tomorrow, i'll post when its done.

Muchos gracias for the links! This matrix masters site is Awesome! never knew it existed.. will keep me well entertained for some time. Very impressed with the juice site also. Seriously now, i will investigate the podcast thing Today, it looks really cool.

Alrighty, at last... :D

Shane and Margaret's talk 'Traditional Structure in Modern Circles', Michael Bock's 'Mushrooms in Oz' and Carl's 'Lagochilus: the intoxicating mint of Central Asia' is now ready to download:

http://www.cuodan.net/~being/talks.html

They're all great talks for their own reasons, though i have to say Carl's is one of the best talks i've heard so far and really recommend it for a good listen.

Still trying to get some of the other content of people's talk up on the site, one thing for sure is Krusty's written presentation will be up shortly, and also Ronny and i are talking about making a high quality cd for the talks, with proceeds going to Entheogenesis...

The podcast thing Will happen, though i have to get a cd with the talks sent up back to me first as i lost them in a recent puter crash.. man PC's suck :uzi:

hey no pressure to make a podcast - just a suggestion :D

one of the best reasons for it would be to reach new listeners.

list the podcast in a few directories and you may get some new people interested.

and if you need some theme music for a pod cast just check the creatvity section ;)