The Corroboree
wandjina

Best ambient?

I've listened to all my ambient so many times that I'm getting bored. I want more.

In your opinion, what is the best, preferably psychedelically inspired, ambient music?

Whose music makes the prettiest pictures? Takes you to the most interesting spaces?

Amon Tobin is pretty good with creating interesting spaces, it's not all ambient but check out "mighty micro people" & "saboteur" for an idea.

I'm assuming you've already heard of :worship: boards of canada :worship:

Stephern Halpern creates my ideal ambience for psychedelics - Crystal Suite and Inner Peace are my favorite 'protection spells', but I found something not long ago called "Closed Eyes, Open Doors" by an outfit called 'Ambient Nights' that is nice and different. Otherwise its difficult to ignore Shpongle or The Orb.... ^_^

Aphex Twin: Selected Ambient Works Volume 2 = :)

Aphex Twin: Selected Ambient Works Volume 2 + disasociatives = :D

I bought a cd eat static - in the nude, today.

Pretty nice oldskool downtemp psy, not sure if you'd classify it as ambient but still fairly chill compared to what I usually listen to :D

The sound lab on triple J plays some pretty cool ambient stuff, sunday nights 11pm - 1am.

Real ambient music hasnt been the same since Caspar Pound passed away and Rising High records became defunct.

Im still a bigger fan of the classics - Sven Vath 'Accident in Paradise' - Bedouin Ascent (all early works) - irresistable Force early works - Wagon Christ, Dr.Matte, M-age, Future Sound of London - early Amorphous Androgenyous (before they went retro 60s).

iTunes internet radio station, under ambient,is a station called HBR1. it has to be heard...

dammit

i did have a link for a dj set that was awesome but the link is down

Suspended Between Eternities - mixed by noah

should be all over net by now

try p2p

I assume you already have Shpongle, Wandjina?

If not, get the track 'Divine Moment of Truth', it is a classic.

I reckon you can guess what it works well with, based on the title. :wink:

My favourite "ambientesque" artist at the moment would be Paul Abad....

Paul is quite into Monolake and such, but I like his work better...it does speak of the tryptamines and the land here and is not afraid to go deep into the technology....

http://www.zonar.net/abad

Also, he's putting on a party positronic, which is on next weekend!

http://www.subterran.org/positronic05.php

Julian.

oh man, now I'm drooling for some new music. In fact, I might be willing to trade a piece of artwork for it.

Got a good collection of ambient? CD burner?

if your interested I can burn you some stuff that I think you'd like.

Wadjina, I have a feeling you would really like "Cosmic Baby" he has some unbelievably beautiful music and it often is enough to make me shed a tear or two, particually the "Stellar Supream" album...

Cosmic studied as a classic pianist and has a lot of traditional training that he has used to create a style truely all his own.

Stellar Supream has lots of samples of things like Whale songs, crashing water, rain, birds and other natural sounds that he has mixed with the digital.

Let me know if you cant find it and Ill send you a copy.

pete namlook is my favourite, the Air series are great, i recommend Air II - Traveling without moving

Let me know if you cant find it and Ill send you a copy.

yes please

:D

I sent you a pm yesterday, but as I was half pissed it may have ended up somewhere else...

I'd be up for a trade if you throw in something else, but pm to discuss terms and conditions :wink:

Hmmm let's see...

Anything from the "em:t" series is amazing, though they're long out of print. Well worth tracking down though, especially a legit CD, as they have great nature inspired cover art. These to me are the definitive classic ambient (and otherwise) CDs for journeys

Global Communication "76:14". An ambient, downtempo electronic dubbed out masterpiece. Amazing album

Aphex Twin, "Selected Ambient Works I/II". Probably needs no introduction

In the speakers right now:

Entheogenic, Bonobo and Saafi Brothers. :P

Otherwise these are well worth listening to

Sphongle

Ozric Tentacles

Future Sound of London

Loop Guru

Boards of Canada

Subsurfing

National Forest

Talvin Singh

^_^

Hahahaha... all you ever need is Selected Ambient Works I\II hehe.

Ummm... Yeah as said above Boards of Canada, AIR, Shpongle... also check out M83, Mogwai and Sigur Ros. Heard of an album, Hoopy Frood - Psychonaut, which sounded like the type of thing you're after as well. Oh, try the 2nd CD on Infected Mushroom - Converting Vegetarians as well if you haven't heard it. :)

Oh, and don't forget Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia by Dimmu Borgir.

after hearing simon posford dj on the weekend as shpongle i have to say that is the most psychedelic ambeint i have ever heard.

the new stuff shits on DMT and "tales of the inexpressible".

Ohh, sorry Wadjina, :blush: Ill get onto that for ASAP, sorry about the PM, yours was so genuine that I didnt want to rush the reply, so I keep putting it off because I want to make sure I do a good job of it..

I always do that, unless I can do something perfectly I wont do it at all.. its a very bad habbit.