The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
RonnySimulacrum

EGA 06???

Greetings lovely people of the plants

Basically this in an early pledge asking about expressions of interest for EGA 06.

So we are just wonting to get the feelers out about EGA 06 as early as possible, so we can be as organized as possible. We where hoping to host the event in the summer months next year, when the weather is better and it is not so cold. We where thinking Feb 18-19? or March 27-28? So let us know about that date and any problems it may create.

Firstly any feed back about last year, the venue, talks, food arrangements, sleeping or anything would be much appreciated, this kind of info will really help us improve and move forward.

Secondly we would just like to get an ideas for any topics or workshops you would like to talk. Also any speaker suggestions, new people or interstaters?

The more people that won’t to help out and contribute the better, so if you feel you can help out in any way, please let us know how, and help keep the Vic plant movement alive.

Specifically we are looking for some motivated plant heads to help out. For example we would like someone to help co-ordinate a market and plant swapping space, also someone to help organize the workshops. It is best if you are from Vic so you can attend the Pre-Ega meetings.

Anyway hope all is well, and you are all getting a little exited about EGA 06

Love and Light

:)

we found 15-20th of feb to be one of the best dates for conferences. The only reason why we don't do them in feb anymore is because we get too stressed about flooding around here.

Do not think we have to worry about that down here, but I have always wondered if Adrian would float, hahahaha.

But seriously, if we are going to do this, any help would be much appreciated, a Vic meet may be the best way to get people in on the action :)

We need more organizing and less me going mad, ok maybe i do anyway :wink:

:D Sounds great Ronny, I like the idea of EGA 06 in feb. Is it going to be in Vic? im definatly gonna make this no matter what this time B)

Looking forward to your next Triptamind party too Ronny you gotta come ova to Adelaide sumtime and check out some of the twisted partys goin on here. :devil:

There are several reason why we are looking at the Feb 18 date, but most of all so we do not have to huddle together with blankets to survive the cold. I would think it would be in the same place as last time given it is smack in-between Adelaide and Melbourne and such a beautiful Area.

As for coming your way for a party, I will be on March the 3, can not wait.

And as for the next Triptamind, well, we are having a free day party Jan 15, but the date for the bigger overnighter is not known as of yet, but will be some time after the doofers return form Turkey and the Eclipses.

Also, i have good reason to think the Ega 05 talks will be on line anyway now for people to download, thanks to the kind energy of special people taking the time to make sure we can all experience the knowledge.

:)

Cool I cant wait for the next conference, the last was a blast! Were abouts are the talks available to be downloaded from?

Thanks

Were abouts are the talks available to be downloaded from?

Not up yet, but will be soon i would think, maybe a week or so :wink:

:D :worship: Much love Ronny and everyone who is helping to make the audio from the last EGA availble to all.

hoorah a bundle of events for me to dip my brain into all around the same time and similiar geographical location as to where i will be living.... look forward to any and all involvement ronny... ive already started scouting and spreading the wrd up these ways..

cya soon brother

***E***

p.p.s and u know that nothing will work if u aint mad cause its the maddness that makes things happen... well at least when the intentions are mad in the first place... you mad bastard...

yep i'm the one responsible for the ega recordings... sorry guys it is going to be a little longer... the annoying thing is the website and sound editings all done and ready to go and has been for about a month now... just waiting for the funds to come in and get our computer connected to the net so i can upload it all! ahhh mega frustrating :wacko: doing all i can to get it up asap.. hang in there guys!

Edited Fist Post, read again thanks :)

You edited with your fist?

Ouchie!

Would love to be able to make it down for this again... Last year was one of the most amazing times of my life!!

Just got to get this weeks FREE Triptamind party out of the way and we will start looking at EGA, but it looks like it will be May, there is just to much work to do to do it any earlier.

happy you are all still looking out for news :)

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/st...55E2862,00.html

Sad to say that Gumnut Camp where EGA and Triptamind 05 where held have passed into history for the time being, we have sent our condolences to John and Jennifer

Will not know as of yet if that will effect EGA that was set for May06

looks like it will not be in the Grampians but... :(

Crap!! When I saw Moyston on the news the other day I was joking to Daniel that EGA might be homeless. Didn't even take myself serious at the time. (My attention was quickly drawn away to the next news story about a fire blasting though Anakie - which is where my favourite winery is. http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/st...55E2862,00.html )

This is really really sad. It's rare to find such good hosts and such a good site :(

I must say though, they were simply not prepared. The place was a bushfire nightmare. People want flammable trees all around their homes and facilities, but they just don't understand that it is only a matter of time before something like this happens. It's not like fires are rare in the Grampians.

I mean really how much does an automatic roof sprinkler system cost in comparison to the heartache of losing it all? Peanuts!

my heart goes out to john and jeniffer in these hard times.... there has been many human residences and just recently lives lost in the current fire season..... its very hard to live amongst the australian bush when it is prone to such harshness and variability... and perhaps the fact that we love it so much is why we like to get so close to it, and it is the risk that sometimes we pay.... theres not much you can do to prepare yourself for such fires short of kulling a 20m radius of trees and extensive biomass reductions....both of which have their downfalls...

and in many cases even this wouldnt be enough to stop a front that big, or even to protect buildings, especially when there is so much infrastructure...

ronny let me know when the time is right to go and offer condolences/ plant a cerremonial tree or two....

They had large cleared areas on that property - surely an extra 20m would not have made much of a difference. Having seen the property I would guess that they really did not spend a lot of time planning for bushfires.

Most buildings don't burn with the fire front, but rather after it or before it. Surely the main camp buildings were far enough from the trees to not be engulfed and hence would have been spared if embers would have been extinguished automatically. Most buildings burn from blowing embers and don't actually have to contact the fire front. A simple sprinkler system costing less than a few hundred $$ virtually eliminates this. I am sick of people whinging and whining about how they didn't see it coming and how there was nothing they could do. It's on the news every year now and every firecaptain can give you the advice you need to keep your home safe. What pisses me off even more is that brave people have to risk their lives because the general population is stupid and complacent. Million dollar mansions that don't have automatic fire protection systems should not require the fire brigade to risk their lives to be saved while their manpower could be used elsewhere to save lives.

I know that gumnut wasn't a million dollar mansion, but as 'bush educators' you would expect they would have a better understanding of the bush. They should have been the ones setting an example in their neighbourhood. There is nothing much you can do about fires once they approach. All you can do is be prepared well in advance.

As for loving the bush so much that you can't clear 20m of it..... then you better be prepared to go up in smoke like the rest of the bush every 10 years or so. Simple choice really.