The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
2b

Southern comfort

Don't know why i did it , but i bought a half bottle of Southern on a whim. It's been along time since I've drank Southern so imagine my surprise when i read the bottle and it said : 30% alcohol :blink: and Made in Ireland :blink: Now i could swear it used to be the same alcohol content as the rest of the spirits , and it was made in the USA.

I'm pretty sure you're right 2b.

It used to be American, and around 40%?

southern comfort....blerrrg...just the thought if it makes me feel ill. From what i can remember (it was my drink of choice in high school), you could get 100 proof, approx 70%, and the standard SC, approx 40%, and it was made in St Louis.

bourbon...*shudder*

bourbon...*shudder*

I completely adore a good bourbon, though my partner is a scotch drinker and has converted me somewhat ( apparrantly bourbon and scotch drinkers are like animal and plant biologists- unlikely to marry often due to natural boundaries ;) ) Bourbon is cruisy for me.

ALL the 'nice' girls I never used to hang out with in high school were Southern Comfort fans, passing out cold religiously at the back of the local RSL after spewing Southern all over their shoes and getting hysterical over some situation with their male counterparts. At that age I was a big red wine and hash fan so we didn't co-mingle at all. Southern Comfort was to me the drink of everyone else's bad teenage memories and denials.

Got my first bottle of Southern at 30, drank it like bourbon, and you guessed it, was sick all over my shoes at the back of a mate's party. I regret everything, including the woman I was with that night. Never again.

ALL the 'nice' girls I never used to hang out with in high school were Southern Comfort fans, passing out cold religiously at the back of the local RSL after spewing Southern all over their shoes and getting hysterical over some situation with their male counterparts. At that age I was a big red wine and hash fan so we didn't co-mingle at all. Southern Comfort was to me the drink of everyone else's bad teenage memories and denials.

Are you implying i was a 'nice' girl in high school? If so i'm deeply offended :wink::lol:

IMO rye whiskey is the tastiest 'brown' spirit, lovely with a splash of dry

Are you implying i was a 'nice' girl in high school? If so i'm deeply offended

Yeah! Southern was my drink of choice in High School too! Are you implying I was a nice girl?

I was far from nice, I was a 'bully' basically, and I was totally out of touch with my feminine side, so the 'girl' part couldn't apply to me either?

These days, that description might fit, and wouldn't offend me. But, I don't drink Southern anymore. :)

Southo is terrible, first time I bought a bottle I drank 1 glass and gave the rest to my mum. All I been drinking lately is my lotus voddy, aging it a full month does wonders :saufen2:

All I been drinking lately is my lotus voddy, aging it a full month does wonders :saufen2:

how do u keep a bottle of lotus vodka for a month without drinkin it???? :D

s :puke: uthern c :puke: mfort is like listerine with lots of brown sugar added, i would imagine.

Islay Single Malt Scotch is my preference but each to their own. my sister-in-law loves s :puke: . c :puke: and before you say it-yes, she should be put down. :P

I'm looking at the bottle I got given on my 21st a couple of years ago... on the front label, says

"MW heron perfected this great American Original in New Orleans, Lousiana , USA"

700ml 35% ALC/Vol

on the back

dist. in Aust by swift and Moore PY. LTD

address

Dist in NZ by Hancocks Wine & spirit Merchants

address

Botted in Aust from local and imported ingredients

Also, Southern Comfort isn't a spirit, its a liquer..found that lil tidbit out when my girlfriend was doing a bar course :) Its made from bourbon and peaches or something.

Not many people drank Southern when I was in high school... being in queensland most people drank bundy if they had enough money for spirits... or goon if you didn't.

-bumpy

Are you implying i was a 'nice' girl in high school? If so i'm deeply offended

Oops, sorry, no offence intended :blush:

Its made from bourbon and peaches or something

Bourbon and orange bootpolish more like it, never tasted anything so sickly and vile. I'd actually managed to forget it had bourbon in it, it must have been one-a them repressed memories

Horrible stuff. :blush:

Its no wonder thats its produced offshore.

Not even good for a drink mixture.

Rye whiskey is the undiscovered area for whiskey drinkers.

i've got a bottle of it and it's 50%..