The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
wandjina

Smuggle me something from indo?

Anyone heard of Sampoerna cigarettes? Well they're the only brand of clove ciggies available in Oz with under 15mg of tar...and the brand I happen to smoke.

I had to go to four tobacconists to find them today, a first, and was told by the last that they not be importing them anymore (I bought the last three packs). Sure, this could be a good time for me to quit, but I only smoke 1-3 a day, and really enjoy them.

Anyways, if it's true that they will no longer be available down under, I'm fishing for another way to get em.

If anyone is going to Indo or Malaysia etc, or knows another way to get em (looked on the net, but no cred card so no go) I'll trade some art for smokes (Sampoerna Mild 8mg)....which, even if imports are continuing, may save me a few bob, they are exxy.

PM me if you can help

ill be in thailand in less than a month, if they are available there i could probably help you out

isn't BlueMeanie in Indo at the moment?

Sounded like he wasn't enjoying it much either, so he might be back sooner than expected.

PM him now, i reckon!

Best of luck, you filthy drug addict. :wink:

theyll cost about $1 a pack in indo or brunei

so prob the same everywhere else too

you can send through the mail or acrry on your person legally up to 250 cigatettes before you get charged duty which is 27.5c per cigarette

the decalred value INCLUDING freight should not exceed $50 and in that case you will pay no dities or GST either

they should be labelled as personal effects

DO NOT exceed these amounts or you pay the whole ammount

DO NOT attempot to 'smuggle' ie not declare or they will hit u with the book

come to think of it i do know somebody in Bali who has an aussie bank account which makes paying them much cheaper

email me and ill see if i can hook u up

nah thankfully im not in indonesia - im in Taiwan - same shit different country if you get my drift... They have shit loads of 'Mild 7' smokes from Japan here but thats about it unless your a betelnut chewer

thanks everyone :D

What a great cig - although I'm surprised you have been getting them until recently, I used to occasionaly smoke these, but also experienced similar problems of no supply five years ago, so gave up. No tobbacconist I could find (tried about 10!) stocked them.

My interest has been renewed - I'm going to do a search for indonesian supermarkets, maybe take it from there.

Hmmm, a quick search online has found that a franchise 'tobacco station' lists them on their site. Stores are listed here on the white pages.

PM me if you have any success, and I shall do same (as I'll probably forget about this thread)

Tobacconists in Parramatta stock everything.Don't give up till you spend a few hours asking around at the fifty or so in the area :P

DO NOT attempot to 'smuggle' ie not declare or they will hit u with the book

Hahaha a girl I know was in Bali a couple of months back... she got pulled aside by customs there on the way back because she was carrying too much alcohol (not to mention an excessive ammount of tobacco products throughout her bag). All that happened was they demanded a bribe (as usual in Indonesia) and she got in through Australian customs fine :D.

Was in tobacconist today buying Gudang Garams (kretek, but definitely not mild). Asked him about Sampoerna's. He said they'd been "discontinued" and was down to last two packs. So looks like you might not have much luck getting them in tobacconists (not above the counter anyways). Used to be a few places where you could get em under the counter (before the legal, properly marked versions were around so much and before big crackdowns). Might still find Sampoerna that way. Maybe in China town, or I think I heard Bankstown good. Maybe Paramatta as Apoth suggested. Somewhere with a big Indonesian population probably good.

Might have something to do with Philip Morris buying 40% of Sampoerna earlier this year, maybe we'll see Malboro Kretek here soon.

He said they'd been "discontinued" and was down to last two packs.

Nooooooooooooo!!!!

:(

They're the only kretek that dont give me head spins.

Neuro and Genki...would very much appreciate it if you could grab me a carton, would prefer sampoerna A mild, but any kretek (clove ciggy) with 8 or less mg of tar would be great!

Rev...lemme know if you're bali connection is a go

that said, if anyone happens to come across sampoerna A milds at their local tobacconist...BUY THEM and I will reimburse you with $ or swap for art...PM me

Muchos gracias compadres!!!

looks like you we're spot on Benz... :lol:

Anything for that fix! :lol:

Maybe in China town, or I think I heard Bankstown good

I work near bankstown!

Wandjina, if you tell me how the hell I pronounce the name of those cigarettes, I'll try asking around for them.

that said, if anyone happens to come across sampoerna A milds at their local tobacconist...BUY THEM and I will reimburse you with $ or swap for art...PM me

I may have been a little hasty here :blush:

Not really in a financial position to be doing this at present. But if those going to SE Asia are able to grab me a carton, I'd appreciate it

But Benz, if you can just grab me a few packs of sam-perna A milds (white pack with red insignia on front), I'd be very grateful....we can discuss trade at the meet ya? thanks

:)

ok, so sampoerna are no longer available in Oz, and Phillip Morris has bought out a big chunk of the company....but this is just plain weird.

My cousin, living in Darwin, got a mate to bring a carton of Sampoerna milds from east Timor about a month ago. She didn't know that they'd been discontinued, assuming that you just couldn't get em in the N.T.

Upon opening the first packet, she found a folded U.S. dollar...and inside all the other packets...beneath

the plastic wrap and foil, American one dollar notes, all folded and inserted the same way. They were old notes, of various conditions etc. Wtf is going on?

The $ must have gone in in the factory...but why? My first guess was money laundering...but a buck a packet? Hardly efficient...works out to 10 bucks a carton, why bother? And how did my cousins mate get to buy it at the airport? Bizarre

"stranger than paradise"

that would be a good reason for stopping to export them thought, lol.