The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Torsten

New Forums

It appears we have successfully transferred the old forums to the new software without losing any posts. We seem to have lost about 5 members, but I am sure they will find their way back here, and surprisingly we did not lose the log in passwords, so everyone should be able to log in....

EXCEPT - only one name was transferred to the new forums, meaning that if you had differrent username and display name, then now there is only the display name. This will cause problems as th username used to be the one used for logging in. Now you will need to use the public display name to log in. If in doubt then use the 'forgotten password?' link to have your details emailed to you.

We did not manage to transfer the PMs. I have set the old forums so that you can still log in and read your PM's. I will keep them open for 4 weeks and then verything will be deleted. Please make sure to transfer any information from your inbox before then.

The forum will look a bit funny for a few days. You can't begin to imagine how many settings this bloody thing has. 2 hours into twiddling knobs and dials we have a general colour scheme. Logos, and various oddities will be fixed in the days to come.

Members now have 100 PMs

Moderators have 200 PMs

Moderators and admin can now rate posts.

Expect the dates & times to be screwed up for the next 24-48 hours. The conversion was done overseas and somehow that added a day to some of the old posts.

I like it. Very stylish.....and i assume it´s also has some more security features than the old software.

this is sweet. heaps of new features too! and the smilies!

:wub: i love it! :blink:

Love new site! B)

Am having problems activating links in members posts. Is this just me?

Amulte , your now a mod :P A bit hard to read the tool bar bar above this box (bold , underline, etc..) as i write T , the dark brown with black . Maybe it's me or my monitor ? And please tell me there is a spell check function that i can't find ? Great work to all involved , love the emoticons.

2b :ph34r:

Amulte , your now a mod :P

2b :ph34r:

yeah man, ever since the chem forum opened up : B)

Thanks for all your hard-work Torsten. We really appreciate it. :D

me too.

smoothly done T.

one thing i noticed, when you get a PM a pop-up box appears w/the message inside it. on my PC the message is the same colour as the background & therefore unreadable as is.

not complaining, it's easily dealt with, just something i noticed.

also, after reading through my message i tried to put a smilie after the "me too", but w/the cursor there the software still puts the smilie at the end ov the message :huh:

also, after reading through my message i tried to put a smilie after the "me too", but w/the cursor there the software still puts the smilie at the end ov the message :huh:

All forums do that. Our last one did, EA did, and every other forum I have tried this on does.

I know there are still issues with some of the text vs background colours. I've spent hours editing the style sheet last night just to get it to this point and I am sure there will be several more hours before it is all perfect. Just bear with me for this time. It's really not a major issue.

Apologies to the mods, but I haven't set them up yet and I am not sure if they were transferred properly. They are called mods, but I don't think they have mod powers yet. Will sort all that the next few days.

The forum is currently running on minimal features. However, it already has an upload function to put pics in posts. There will be a full featured gallery attached to this shortly. Ditto for the blog feature, which will then eliminate the trade list forum.

Chat room to come in a few weeks too.

This sortware is very secure. It is also maintained well and my sever is maintained well too. I doubt we will have security issues here.

Ay dunt tink their iz a spel sheka :P

yeah,no power yet.

also some links are dead, particularly the useful links in the chem forum. im hoping you already know and its just part of the cross over.

Thanks T

Made a small change to my first post. I have found a way of keeping PM's available on the old forums. You can simply log in there and retrieve what you need. I will maintain this for 4 weeks.

This also means anyone having problems logging in can ask a question there. I will check it once a day.

I am sorry about the links. This is a common problem in migrating forums and we have not been able to resolve this without compromising security. I think the problem is that as html has been turned off for security reasons, any link that was done in html rather than BB code will be dead.

The old forums will be available for at least a few weeks, so hopefully some of the more important links can be retrieved by the original posters.

great work T

Loooking lovely :).

Except one minor thing that irritates me - the smilies are set in little squares of a different background colour to the rest of the page. But I'll get over it :rolleyes:.

I've just spent the last hour trying to find out the spot in the style sheet that causes that - even before I read your post. It's driving me nuts. But I am determined.

There is also some odd shapes in the tables etc which might be around for a day or so. Basically I am editing styles today and maybe I'll get around to doing the html tomorrow.

Also, will users be able to edit the calendar?

And what's 'My Assistant'?

EDIT: don't worry, figured it out. I like it :).

EDIT: don't worry, figured it out. I like it :).

you're one step ahead of me then ;)

seriously though, I am still working on the very basics of the board, so no point asking me questions about special features etc. I'll get around to thme once the rest of it is running smoothly.

I worked out the problems with the image background :D

Wow this looks great thanks T :)

Thanks T!!

much appreciated

Nice - :)

I was discussing just last night, that sometimes to make way for the new, the old must be discarded... an evolution perhaps? :P

I dont want to try the new fandangled options...yet. Cheers to your patient work Torsten -

love the new look, was a little bit worried when i read the post on the old forum that some new members might have been lost but im here with no problems :D

Mmm...looks nice! :D

Seems to b running smoothly too... feels great.

cheers

We've only lost 3 or maybe 6 members, so that's pretty good.

I've edited the first post to reflect some new stuff:

Members now have 100 PMs

Moderators have 200 PMs

Moderators and admin can now rate posts. This is helpful in speeding up future searches. It should not be used on all posts, but maybe 10% are either excellent or pointless, so this can be marked.