The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
lysergicbook

Pickard LSD Case in US

Lysergic, a book about the Pickard case is now in print. It was the largest LSD bust in US history and produced more than 90% of the world's supply.

He was turned in by his partner who had been working with the DEA for years, and had previously brought down people associated with the Medelin cartel.

Pickard got sentenced to two life terms, while his narc/partner got absolutely nothing. Why is the US system like this?

It turns out that later the narc gets busted for kidnapping and assualt charges to an eighteen year old boy. They would rather have violent criminals on the street than spiritual people. Why?

old thread

but thinking about this abit today........

it is probly the worst thing the US government could do putting him in jail if they are gunna WIN this so called war on drugs.

putting him in jail i think he would be treated like a god, and can you imagine how many diciples he will have eager to replicate the really pure things.

fark they just put him in a class room full of students.

instead of being the student now he gets to teach.........

just a thought

Melgren stated that according to court testimony, this was the single largest seizure of an operable LSD lab in the history of the Drug Enforcement Administration. DEA agents seized approximately 41.3 kilograms (90.86 pounds) of LSD, approximately 97.5 kilograms (214.5 pounds) of lysergic acid, a precursor to LSD, approximately 23.6 kilograms (51.92 pounds) of iso-LSD, a by-product from the manufacture of LSD and 19 kilograms (41.8 pounds) of ergocristine, a precursor to LSD with the ability to create an additional 12.4 kilograms (27.28 pounds of LSD.

:o WOW

Further trial evidence established that in the history of DEA there have only been four seizures of complete LSD labs and three of these seizures involved Pickard and Apperson including a lab in Mountainview, California in 1998, a lab in Oregon in 1996, and this lab in Wamego, Kansas.

Edited by naja naja

I think you found your way close to the plot.

If the US gov't "won" the war on drugs then the war on drugs would not have served its purpose. It is supposed to be unwinnable.

The government uses programs like this to tighten control over the citizenry by using it as an excuse to create a larger more powerful police force and reduce civil liberties and even generation by generation get people acclimated to expecting less freedoms. Look at the history of the xenophobic anti-"foreigner" programs around world war 1 and 2, then the anti-communist hysteria, then anti-drug (60's), more anti-communist (russians et al. ), more xenophobia (russians, asians, iranians- 1970's), more anti-drug (70's, 80's, 90's- cocaine, south america, crack, heroin, MDMA), anti-"terrorist". Every decade has multiple groups americans are trained to hate and fear so they will give the government more power to fight these commies, druggies, terrorists, etc.

Its done on large scales to influence the entire country and on local levels in smaller ways like a town out of the blue convincing everyone that there are meth labs on every corner or pedos under every bed and then passibg a law saying the police are allowed to get search warrants 72 hours after the search or somesuch.

Its kind of blatant and pitiful really.

so really we should all stop using drugs, then we would fuck them at their own game?

now thats just crazy talk

Personally, if he was the mastermind super LSD chemist, i wish he hadn't got caught - no wonder acid is so hard to find these days.

The world needs more people like him (well except the NARC bit)

At least its still a hell of a lot better than it was, not only in quantity but more importantly quality... plus if he did make the massive amounts described for as long as speculated then image how much he would have off loaded before getting busted. Im sure there are big enough stores of this good lsd stashed around the world to keep things where they are for at least a few more years, jst think about how many doses are in 1kg!

Edited by AndyAmine.

jst think about how many doses are in 1kg!

[edit, fixed bad maths]

1kg = 1000grams = 1,000,000mg = 1,000,000,000micrograms

@100mic dose = 10,000,000 doses

x41.3kg worth = 413,000,000 doses.

*sigh* thats a major shame he got busted then. Hope this wasn't the largest amount he's produced. Haha what if all the other productions ran to 100kg.

This all happened before my gnomes got a hold of any so it's impossible for me to tell how it has effected supply. Maybe like Andy said it was mostly unloaded before the bust anyway.

So this man was repsonsible for 90% of worldwide lsd supply? I always thought there'd have to be a more spread out production throughout the globe. Eitherway I'm not very worried about supply but it'd be nice if papers went down in price back to $1each or whatever the respective price would be nowadays (due to inflation) I'm sure its not as high as 25-30 what I hear some people are paying.

I guess people were originally excited about the mass production and TINY dosage requirements of the drug they were practically giving it away, and STILL being able to live very comfortably. At least in the states, I suppose the international drug trade is a bit of a gamble and prices raise accordingly. I hear Australia and especially my town of adelaide is terrible for any drugs as its the arse end of the world and everything is adultureated and expensified more by the time it makes its way here. Least we got good local n cheap greenage. heh heh.

Edited by El Duderino

yarp way better green prices than the US, and we can grow cactus like mad, or so i hear.

90% of the worlds LSD supply... *cough* bullshit

they wish!..doesnt leave much room for chemist in other countrys. :slap:

need to do ya math again El dude

1kg is 10,000,000 doses yes, but 41.3kg is 413,000,000 doses

However, this prob liquid weight, so doses would be less, but still extremely high. Just depends on the solubility of LSD in H2O.

Well I think thats the point, there aren't many at all.

I think I have read there is generally around a max of 4 LSD la.bs in operation in the world at any one time and usually less. probably just speculative bullshit but could be somewhere close to the truth.

Things may be slowly changing with the internet chemsirty revolution tho, so many minds working on the job for the first time.

However, this prob liquid weight, so doses would be less, but still extremely high. Just depends on the solubility of LSD in H2O.

ok that would kind of change things if it were liquid- with 1 hit per drop and 20 drops per ml 41.3 kilos would be 826,000 hits or 82.6 grams of LSD (sounds like a reasonable yield from a large batch made in a one or two man operation)

I read that book 'Lysergic' and it was shocking. Poorly written, indulgent and not all that informative. Oh well.

I read that book 'Lysergic' and it was shocking. Poorly written, indulgent and not all that informative. Oh well.

I haven't read it because this is basically the feedback I got from several other people.