The Corroboree

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Torsten

Do you like the new forum?

Please let me know if you like the forum as it is now.

It's really a great improvement.

It's so easy to cruise from one forum to the other and much easier to post, so much faster.

Was definitely worth it.

Don't know what to say about the ratings however, but then I've got 5 stars...that's sort of too good to knock...perhaps to change the stars to shrooms or (hearts? Well this is not a lover's forum)....

OK - so who is the person who doesn't like the new forums?? C'mon, own up.

na, actually I would like to know why you don't like thm. You can e-mail privately if you don't want to say publically. I'd really appreciate the feedback as that means I might be able to get upgrades or turn things off that improves things or annoys people.

pardon the nostalgia..

here's a little trip down Memory Lane

anyone even remember when the forum looked like that?

ahh when we got by without the bells & whistles (there really is a whistle now!) :P ciao

[ 26. January 2003, 16:38: Message edited by: coin ]

we actually got something like 300 posts in that original 'forum'. I have them stored for posterity and have been meaning to convert them into posts in the archives of the current forum (to make them searchable)...... ahhh. one day I'll get around to it.

Interesting post you saved there! I remember that one well.

Oh my gawd! That old forum still works. Must remove that software.....

hehe i didn't check to see if the links worked..funny

any reason you remember it? i don't recall why i saved it (maybe i was thinking of making my own), but i was just thinking about it last night..i knew i had it but took a while to find..thought someone might find it interesting

ashley was a former incarnation of mine..maybe i shouldn't reveal that..who knows what's in those archives

i had two logins prior to that but any time i'd *stop* smoking pot & be absent for some time, i'd forget passwords..the only other page i saved from that era was my account confirmation, which has the password..weird that i forgot about that also. jeez, i used to log in with a web anonymizer then....just rambling

posterity, for sure..i'd love to see some of those old posts.

[ 26. January 2003, 18:31: Message edited by: coin ]

Originally posted by coin:

hehe i didn't check to see if the links worked..funny

It's even funnier now. I uploaded all the old posts

It was difficult to view them from the harddrive, so I put them back up to run them from the script (ie, in threads). Will transfer them to the new forums that way.

any reason you remember it?

I actually remember most posts form that time. It was an exciting time - the beginning of something new with a huge potential. Look how far we all have come.

Also, this particular item was one of the most dangerous and controversial we ever sold. Brugs were seen as dangerous and without merit then, but I am glad things have changed now thanks to some good reports.

ashley was a former incarnation of mine..maybe i shouldn't reveal that..who knows what's in those archives

Ha, ha. I would have never guessed. I've always wondered how many people reincarnate themselves to hide some of their past :)

jeez, i used to log in with a web anonymizer then....

pretty hardcore paranoia

How do you think I felt running such a server

i'd love to see some of those old posts.

bugger. I can't get the script to work on this server properly. ahh well.

"jeez, i used to log in with a web anonymizer then....

pretty hardcore paranoia"

I'm too paranoid to use web anonymizers. How many are the real deal, and how many are devices of entrapment issued by our invasive governments? How could we ever know what is what and how could we know that a legit anonymizer server (if there is one) isnt being hacked by government employees?

Could you even post on SAB if you were using an anonymizer that masks your IP adress?

In truth I'm not paranoid, I'm realistic. Paranoia is THINKING that EVERYONE is out to get you, realistic is KNOWING that MOST people are out to get you.

*shrugs* was just procedure for me at the time...dropped that pretty quick..was always pretty mellow, so i suppose i just got lazy had started using the shroomery, and everyone there was preaching anonymity. my guess is that there are so many people using those services to hide the most minor of indiscretions (or potential, hypothetical indiscretions) that most attempts to monitor such a service would be unfruitful.

anyway, i have nothing to hide now.. ..not that i ever did *nervous laugh* *glances through blinds & kills the lights*

(is that one o' them bucky balls?)

just to bring this back on topic (for something different) - one change i'd like to see, just for consistency: the "Post Reply" and "Post New Topic" images..they look velour patches on a leather jacket

happy australia day..or..happy monday..or happy birthday..you know who you are

[ 27. January 2003, 13:18: Message edited by: coin ]

"(is that one o' them bucky balls?)"

Ahhh, so someone does recognize my balls

Yup, my avatar is a C60 buckminsterfullerene (bucky ball) that has trapped a single noble gas atom inside. I always wanted to work with buckminsterfullerenes, that way I could play with my balls and not only get paid for it but also get international recognition for discoveries I make with my balls :)

I like it *now* :)

The day you asked it looked different, tended to wrap text very strangely. So I didn't like it then But it's too late to vote now so I can't :(

The only complaint I have is that when there are no newer posts to view, you are quickly returned to the most recent post on the list, rather than the " Sorry there are no newer posts " screen as with the old version. So when the most recent post on the list was lengthy, it takes ages to load- and you've seen it

Can this be configured, either at user end or at yr interface?

DL - dunno if I can do anything about that. Will check it out.

I don't use it as I just follow the lightbulbs.....

Whats up with the birthdate thing? If we fill it in but mark it so members cant see it what purpose does it serve?

modas and admin can see it. it can give us some idea of why someone is messing up... or at least in can help us in the way we respond. It is counterproductive to treat a 35 year old like a 15 y.o. just because he is behaving like one

But more importantly, with the younger ones it is often a lack of experience, (n)etiquette, or social conscience that needs to be guided carefully.

If you're not an admin/mod it's a bit hard to imagine the variety of problems that can arise on forums and the way they are dealt with without most ever knowing about it.

OK, that makes sense (darn, I was hopeing the most valuble members got birthday presents or something)

I'm only here because flying monkeys stole my letter "e" key, this is pretty much the only site worth viewing that you don't need a working E key to get into.

Who's this Torsten person everyone keeps talking about?

GD

I'm only here because flying monkeys stole my letter "e" key, this is pretty much the only site worth viewing that you don't need a working E key to get into.

Damn flying monkeys. They used to steal my e's too. I am sure of it, cos there were never as many left as I thought there would be :drool2: