The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Legba

sensational 60 minutes

on tv now,in sydney. :( cool pic thou :)

[ 12. September 2005, 10:54: Message edited by: Bacchant ]

sensational?? or rather sensationalist!

sensationalistic bovine excreta. yeah. wen are 60 min.s not?

sorry. i had my tongue in my cheek and couldnt get out th istic bullshit bit out :D

quote:

Wait till you see the latest, most comprehensive research. It proves cannabis really can cause psychosis, can wreck young brains.

I wonder if the same people that wrote that wrote the show? I'm trying to get into the chat but I don't think it's working.

There were about 5-6 people on the chat tonight as is now regular, shame you missed out creach, we love your visits :D

I didn't watch 60 minutes, or Australian Idol, or Massive nature, nor any of the other crud they call tv that was on (yes, I did check the guide, SBS sometimes has great sunday night movies).

[ 12. September 2005, 14:18: Message edited by: apothecary ]

yeah 60 mins last night! WTF?!?!?! yeah he is real lucky to be alive, only cause he is a dickhead!

it is all hype! i couldnt believe what i heard this guy say. AND HOW THE FUCK CAN ONE PERSONS RESPONSE BE THE SAME AS EVERYONE ELSES! of yeah he got stoned, acted the dick and hurt himself on the mirror. the dickweed probably bought some datura and smoked it like weed. i mean from what ive known of datura his experience was more similar to that than anything else.

the only reason he is lucky to be alive is because he is a numbskull!

now ill agree on 60mins when they said it effects growing minds, yes id say it does, and yes its not for everybody, but because some fool hurts himself or gets himself dead while stoned does NOT give weed the power to kill!

lucky to be alive, fuck if thats the case i should go buy a fucking lottery ticket!! im dancing with death everyday! yeah me and death go fuck behind the shed.

sorry about the above post. the media's hype and fancy editing just shits me.

also i love the title "reefer madness".

its like they based the report around the film. except when the chick jumps out the window at the end they replaced it with a guy smashing a mirror.

all too entirely remenisant. but films like assassin of youth or marihuana would have made better news reports.

or better yet the classic "H is for heroin".

quote:

From "H is for heroin".-

"will it make me sick like the reefer did?"

-however,

i believe its good that parents have been informed of the damage that high-strength marijuana does to developing juvenile brains,

so that they can do their own research into this glaringly obvious problem, and arm themselves with relative information for educating their children on the real hazards of smoking marijuana on their developing brains.

I think another problem that was addressed in that story was the danger of smoking mj if u are mentally unwell.I have seen a friend with depression struggle with his adiction for years,it really amplifies his condition.As for side-effects- I love it when my mj-fucked mates tell me how mj has had no effect on their mental ability as they spend 2 hrs looking for their keys and wallets before they everleave their house.

saying this, homegrown,organic dope, used sensibly(not blasted into you every 5 mins of the day,every day or imbibed by juveniles) is top stuff in my opinion.Just a case of will power not to let a wonderful plant become a harrowing adiction.-easier said than done i know,

just my 2c worth for the day!

-jono

[ 13. September 2005, 00:34: Message edited by: jono ]

quote:

Posted by Jono-
its good that parents have been informed of the damage that high-strength marijuana does to developing juvenile brains,

that is so true. i could agree more it damages the brain when its developing.

quote:

Posted by Jono-
I think another problem that was addressed in that story was the danger of smoking mj if u are mentally unwell. I love it when my mj-fucked mates tell me how mj has had no effect on their mental ability as they spend 2 hrs looking for their keys and wallets

i think the point they may be trying to make is that mj does not exaserbate their condition, yeah it screws with your short term memory. ask them if they think its does, wait 10 mins, then ask again. its always good fun.

what really gets me steamed though is when people are like "well i had a bad time so it must be the same for everybody" or "it WILL make you sqitz" as apposed to "it CAN make you sqitz".

Education is the only way, aand an understand of your body too. personally if drink way too much grog without smoking weed, i can have a little induce psycho experience, but with weed it never happens. drugs react with different people in different ways. when society educates itself on that i will be a happy chappy and sleep for a long time.

DO THE DEED! FREE THE WEED!

[ 13. September 2005, 00:43: Message edited by: Amulte ]

the guy in th chat was right. th reporter, hayes' eyes nearly popped out with awe wen she first saw that plant then she tried to kinda frown for effect. bet the guys in editing left that in for a joke. good one guys. :D :D :D

i think even more appropiate than 'it can make you psycho' is 'it can bring out underlying mental disorders' personally i dont think weed can 'make' anything happen that wasnt going to happen anyway.

pretty much the same story why alot of the population are scared of psychedelics, "im not taking that, it'll make me insane" and then from these undereducated fools that would believe the sky was falling if a chicken told them so you get rumours like "lsd leaves black spots in your brain, and decomposes your spinal chord" "mushrooms contain strichnine and make you trip by screwing with your stomach acid which in turn hampers your ability to digest food" and the good old "mescaline damages chromasomes"

geez, this really shits me off.

i didnt actually see the report but a guy at work was tellin me that some guy smoked some weed then thought there was a party on for him at rod laver arena, so he walked 7 hours through traffic and everything to get there and could hear footsteps next to him the whole way, if thats an accurate description of the report then im with amulte, sounds like daytura, or he may have had an underlying mental illness.

a girl at my highschool smoked some weed and BANG, drug induced schitzophrenia, her parentslooked into it and whaddya know? there was a history of schitzophrenia in the family

I can see their point that weed might be unsuitable for mentally unstable ppl but fucking hell, the 'world expert' on the show actually said smoking heroin and cocaine is LESS HARMFULL than weed!?!?!?!?!? (oh but she says once you get onto needles its different). Also what was the point of her cutting the brain in half, all she did was point out that THC receptors are located all over the brain and point at it. Hah but it was funny watching the reporter go to amsterdam and have all these different varieties of ganj shoved under her nose - the look on her face.

Oh yeh and i also had a mate from highschool get schitzophrenia with a family history of it (after smokin hash in morrocco which was an unfortunate place for it to occur). Hes fine now tho.

what was the look on her face?! :D

I have a family history of not schizophrenia, but depression and other things which I don't know much about because it seems to be kept pretty quiet. I developed bipolar disorder after smoking a lot of stuff that was laced with speed. I wasn't aware it was laced.

I think I was heading downhill anyway. I was smoking more and more, and dropping out of courses and starting to live off the mj pretty much.

once I got a hold of the speed-laced stuff, all of a sudden things started looking up. my confidence rose, I felt like doing things again, my creativity was flourishing like you wouldn't believe. I was getting less and less sleep, until I finally crashed.

I still break the rules as far as what I put in my body. I have reasons for that, and no one else has any idea of the importance that is to me. I have slowed my intake down a LOT and accept I am much more sensitive than most people.

as far as mj goes, I say stick to the organic stuff, grown outdoors the way mother nature intended, know yourself and smoke it sensibly. that way I don't see why anyone can't benefit from what this beautiful herb has to offer.

[ 13. September 2005, 12:37: Message edited by: Rune ]

quote:

POsted by Stroodes-
smoking heroin and cocaine is LESS HARMFULL than weed!?!?!?!?!?

No! one psych woman said she would prefer to treat someone who was addicted to smoking heroin or coccain rather than skunk. and yes, she also went on to say that injecting is a different story.

quote:

Also posted by Stroodes-
Also what was the point of her cutting the brain in half, all she did was point out that THC receptors are located all over the brain and point at it.

ROFLMAO, i didnt notice but that is so true!

and rune, good point. you understands its not for everyone. i myself suffer from bipolar, but weed works for me, i become manic without it and its not withdrawls. after two years it is not withdrawls, now i smoke weak ass leaf and treat myself to bud occasionally. but it keeps me stable where it throws others off.

also your right about the dangers of dusting. i had laced with angeldust many years back but only found out years after it was PCP. i was well stupid back then.

I saw nothing in the program that hasn't been common knowledge for years.

Probably one of those "filler" articles they have laying around to take up 15-20 minutes, just in case hurricanes, wars, sex scandals etc. are having a slow month.

Injewcting is a different story? Pfft, injecting and smoking have the same addictive potential, it's all a styigma accosiatied with needles if you ask me. They hurt so naturally anything that can hurt is always bad, smoking if it hurst at all isnt much so therfore theres no stigma attached to it.

injecting and smoking have the same addictive potential ---not sure if that's true. you definately don't get that god almighty rush from smoking H.

quote:

i myself suffer from bipolar, but weed works for me, i become manic without it and its not withdrawls.

Good for you. On a related note, weird, isn't it, how when there's a correlation between pot & schizophrenia, the conclusion is "pot causes schizophrenia", But when there's a correlation (even higher than the pot link) between ciggies & schizophrenia, the conclusion is "well, the schizophrenics must be self-medicating".

As for that shrink, she shouldn't be allowed to practice if that's the advice she's giving to people. I know Nine are all about sleaze & sensation, but telling thousands of parents that their teenagers would be better off smoking heroin/crack is just fucking irresponsible.

The only intelligent, well-informed person on the whole show was that guy in the head-shop, who they let speak for all of about 15 seconds. :rolleyes:

anyone catch monday nights offering --

"the new drug that's sweeping thru the nation which causes users to become violent criminals--Crystal Meth"????

I made sure I saw that one. Another sensational report. My favourite parts were when the house blows up and when they say its so cheap at $50 a hit. I dunno about you guys but on my budget thats not cheap, and I dunno where any kids would get that kinda money if not from their parents :rolleyes:

I only caught the end of it, but I found it amusing that they were attributing this new drug to recent violent crime in NZ... then they went on about a dude who went batshit while he was high and hacked a girls arms off with a samurai sword. I'm not arguing that he did this cause he was fucking nuts from the drug, but I think (correct me if I'm wrong) that actual event happened 2 or 3 years ago (if you feel like checking, it happened in Auckland).

-bumpy