The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
gomaos

one year "high and dry"

quote:

have often wondered if I should share my trials with drug addiction (basicly my life story) but am worried it will change peoples veiws of me like it almost always does in "real" life.

Isn't this a sad world we've created? No-one thinks any less of Gom for revealing he is/was an alcoholic, but most people(outside of this forum anyway) would frown on you for revealing you were a heroin addict. What's the difference?

Some lawmaker said alcohol is OK?

It's still a destructive addiction, regardless of what it is. But you are a big man for revealing you have conquered alcohol, but you're an ex-junkie if you reveal you've conquered something illicit.

Now, I don't mean to hijack your post Gom, and I for one am truly inspired by you, and can also sympathise with you. I am a highly addictive person, or prone to addictions anyway. So, I feel for you.

But, if only the same support and pats on the back that you have received, could be extended to every former addict.

Much love and respect to you Gom, and same goes to everyone who has posted words of support. Let's try and treat everyone, and every addiction in this way, maybe we can make a difference?

My liver might be immortal.

But not the rest.

I got over fluoridated in the water supply (Lubbock, Texa) as a kid so a massive amount of wine dissoleved the supposedly fluoridated hardened enamel. Got all Mexican ceramic caps dental now, alot cheaper than in the U.S.A. across the border..

Anyway only some family type support is the support that needed, which I do, althought I am a very weak person..

It is a very sad world we've created were poeple love to judge others for wrong doings, etc

I think it takes a much stronger person to realise they have a problem and try and persist to change that perticular situation, I have much Respect for poeple who have admitted a addiction and overcome it :)

That is the main thing, as long as you can truthfully say to yourself "I am addicted", then i think you will be able to overcome it, with the right support.

Even if you are in the middle of a huge opium binge or something, as long as you know what you are doing is a result of an addiction, I think you will find the strength you need to beat it.

It's being truthful with yourself that is hardest sometimes.

I am still an alcoholic though! I work like a trooper - up every morning at 4:45, then to work at 5:00 - always an hour early; I drink a bottle of Jack Daniels or 18 beers a night depending on the mood. I have worked seven years in my job - five of them without a sickday or holiday - that must be some kind of record!

Most of the years I have been working has been as a casual but because the work was consistant I had to pay off my HECCS as if I was an execuitve!

Why do to I drink so much? Because my government told me to be educated was to be a good citizen; instead I labor along friends who left school in grade 8.

What the hell is the point?

quote:

Why do to I drink so much? Because my government told me to be educated was to be a good citizen; instead I labor along friends who left school in grade 8.

That is not why you drink! Be honest with yourself.

You are going to blame your government for your drinking? Because someone gave you the impression that being educated made you a better citizen? So, why do you drink?

How does drinking fix this situation?

That makes no sense!

Dubius, I feel for you, because you are not yet able to confront why you indulge in your drugs. Hopefully, you will soon be able to answer your question;

Why do I drink?

But, I don't think you are yet ready. No one puts that alcohol into your stomach except you.

I think he may have meant "work so much" not "drink so much".

Otherwise the line makes little sense.

I have often wondered if I should share my trials with drug addiction (basicly my life story) on this forum but am worried it will change peoples veiws of me like it almost always does in "real" life.

there's still a lot of people who think crap of me for being an alcoholic.

If there is one place in puiblic where you could share your trials with drug addiction, it would probably be here.

Again, I have to think of my dead friend Stefan in Germany.

He got treated like crap even by family members for being a junkie.

By family members who were into smokin dope etc themselves.

Rednecks with closed minds are everywhere.

Not being able "to kick the habit" finally killed him.

Perhaps he didn't want to either, because what was there to live for? No girlfriend etc....

These forums can help you with advice and so, but they can't fix your life.

Which brings me to Dubius.

he's the perfect citizen, just like those in power want him.

if he wants change, he has to rise up against everything. Openly. Jump over his shadow.

Which is nearly impossible.

Whe you have lived a certain way for many years, your subconcious resents change.

And it's basically the subconcious which runs our everyday life.

Which makes us do what we do without knowing it.

So I don't have any advice for you Dubius.

You have to take that step yourself.

yeah i guess im an alco drihnking a couple bottles wine a night up to 2 litres! or so vodka but i also use a lot of other 'drugs'

im not that bad, although i take many other substances with it i dont feel likje i have a oprblem as i can go without for a few days but usually choose not to

i admire your strength of will gom

and good luck sticking to it!

all the best mate

aaron

i dont know gom i did'nt think anything negative after metting you a few times?????????

you have always been willing to share knowledge, very hospitable. and polite.

at first site i thought your the kinda person who's had his balls kicked in by aurthoritys for more than your share.

dont worry to much about what others think only you can make your self happy, everyone else in this idoit parade (whats that bands name?) is out for them selves.

friends are more like an engine or fuel for the vessel, society is the ocean,

fuck the ocean man.

i belive most habits are breakable. but never forgotten. (to your innerself i mean)

yeah i guess im an alco drihnking a couple bottles wine a night up to 2 litres! or so vodka but i also use a lot of

just l;ike me for many years...

considering you're still pretty young, under 30, you probably still get a good satisfying kick out of that.

just wait a few more years, and there will be less to no kick but your mind will always try to find a way to get onto some alcohol, since that is the way it works..

An alcoholic, before (s)he thinks of anything else, will always think first how to get the next alcohol.

And then, once they've had a few, they're too drunk to think of anything else.

It's an evil circle.

And, jasmateau, thanks for your encouragement. I agree with everything you said.

if there is one thing these forms have done its mad eem incredibly open minded now, i used 2 b but now i am very much so. any 1 who conquers an addiction of any type deserves a congrats, as far as i believe all addictions are just as hard to kick and ppl should respect a person for the incredible will strength that the perosn has shown in winning himself away form the addiction instead of despising or losing respect them. the ppl who can win themselves form addiction are the strongest people of us all. well done gom and u 2 andy

good on ya go'. forgive and pity those who think crap of u. its their way of diverting their attention from their own shit. heres one of my fav. quotes...

"Who are those by whom you wish to be admired? Are not these the one you generally regard as mad? So what then? You want to be admired by madmen?"