The Corroboree
Benzito

T. Bridgesii var. Monstrose flesh

Golly

[ 06. September 2005, 20:07: Message edited by: Archaea ]

Curious and curiouser...

Thanks for all this info guys. :D

So, who can recommend good drying methods? Good, thorough, and quick?

Obviously I can UTFSE, but then what's the point of chatting on a forum in the first place? I want first-hand experience, from people who are alive today, and members on this forum.

Not, whatever some 14 year old told Erowid, 10 years ago.

hehe :P

[ 10. August 2005, 05:58: Message edited by: Benzito ]

[ 13. August 2005, 13:30: Message edited by: Rev ]

or you could cut into thin slices and dry it like shrooms, with desiccant

Yeah, that works does it Dracos?

You don't lose more content to oxidisation, or similar activity? Due to the increased surface area?

Sorry to be a noob but what is this xxxxx place? Im near Sydney and want to start growing cactii and it sounds like a nice cheap place to start. The days are actually getting hot here so nows a good time I think.

Edited by teonanacatl

xxxxxxx

Edited by teonanacatl

[ 17. August 2005, 03:39: Message edited by: trout ]

Thanks for your input Trout.

Thanks everyone. :)

Hazard a guess as to when the best time of day would be?

Early morning when cool or mid afternoon when blazing?

Something I posted at another forum.

~Michael~

Excuse me for stepping outside of my normal bounds, but I am somewhat shocked, and maybe a bit annoyed, at the dearth for information regarding enthobotanical use of Trichocereus bridgesii both traditionally and contemporarily. Most of us are aware of comments made E. Wade Davis in a number of his pieces about having tried this cactus while in Bolivia, and about its traditional and even "recreational" uses there, but what I haven't seen are any reports of its use amount "our" crowd (if I should even be included among it).

What gets me on the subject is that I just received a note from a fellow who tried it, but not even the amount he even intended, and found himself in for quite a shock. Apparently he took just 15 grams of the dried de-cored cactus (just that material from outside the vascular core, and not including this heavier matter or the spongy material within it) and ground it quite un-thoroughly with a mortal and pestle (half powder/half flattened sections). It was then mixed quite carelessly with about 2 cups of orange juice and set aside for 10 minutes to allow the citric acid to do some work on it.

Of course the report indicated the foulest tasting concoction on the face of the earth, but we all knew that already. What was interesting is that this gentleman comments that it was so incredible fetid tasting that only about half of the fluid was drank, and this not even bearing the most biomass, as that had settled down to the bottom of the glass and was much too unbearable to swallow. So in all maybe at most a measly 7.5 dried grams (but in all likely less) of material was ingested on an empty stomach. Without a doubt I can confirm that this fellow is not ungifted in the ways of the spirit and was not mislead by placebo, but it is surprising to note that he reports an experience that to him was equivalent to at the very least 40 grams of standard dried T. pachanoi. This was this mans first travels with T. bridgesii, and he knew from being unable to even chew a dried chip of this cactus that it would be potent. He at first was only going to attempt 10 grams as a gauge for future use, but tipped his scale more towards the 15 and let it rest, thinking of course such a low dose would have little effect besides the more emotive on a day with plenty to do.

But that was not apparently the case. He was quite unprepared (or should I rather rephrase and say that he did not prepare his set and setting, particularly the latter) for what he was to encounter after downing quite laboriously at 2:00 pm a cup of thickened orange juice that quickly became the look and feel of split pea soup to the nth degree. Within an hour of drinking strong somatic effects began; slight stomach cramping, joint fatigue, muscle tingles as though blood flow was slowed, but without a strong urge to vomit (though a minor urge never left throughout). An initial bolt of energy at 2 hours into things was quickly followed by the sense that one had to settle in for what was to come.

Benz, maybe it's time for you to go MK-ULTRA styles and start spiking unsuspecting FOAFs with bridgesii monstrose and reporting back here?

If I can bring myself to cut one of those beauties this spring, I'll try and give you a hand.

I think it's definitely time for some solid bioassay data on these guys, however I'm afraid if it's as potent as it seems then it may lead to price jacking/unruly use in the ethno community.

Perhaps a good idea would be to pass the bioassay data onto someone like trout or MSSmith (instead of posting it here) and they can do with it as they see fit?

Yeah, I agree Apo. That information could be disastrous, if it became common knowledge in the community.

Would Trout or M.S. Smith be interested in this sort of information? I think it's a good idea to just let them do what they feel is right with the information.

I'll bioassay, if someone is interested in the results?

[ 13. August 2005, 06:06: Message edited by: Benzito ]

do i wish this thread didnt exist?

answer: yes

so im taking out my contribution

[ 13. August 2005, 13:26: Message edited by: Rev ]

Shit, I thought something was missing. I actually didn't even post the whole report. Here it is in its completion. And the mod should erase this thread it they think it best.

~Michael~

Entheogenic use of Trichocereus bridgesii?

Michael S.Smith

Undated

Excuse me for stepping outside of my normal bounds, but I am somewhat shocked, and maybe a bit annoyed, at the dearth for information regarding enthobotanical use of Trichocereus bridgesii both traditionally and contemporarily. Most of us are aware of comments made E. Wade Davis in a number of his pieces about having tried this cactus while in Bolivia, and about its traditional and even "recreational" uses there, but what I haven't seen are any reports of its use amount "our" crowd (if I should even be included among it).

What gets me on the subject is that I just received a note from a fellow who tried it, but not even the amount he even intended, and found himself in for quite a shock. Apparently he took just 15 grams of the dried de-cored cactus (just that material from outside the vascular core, and not including this heavier matter or the spongy material within it) and ground it quite un-thoroughly with a mortal and pestle (half powder/half flattened sections). It was then mixed quite carelessly with about 2 cups of orange juice and set aside for 10 minutes to allow the citric acid to do some work on it.

Of course the report indicated the foulest tasting concoction on the face of the earth, but we all knew that already. What was interesting is that this gentleman comments that it was so incredible fetid tasting that only about half of the fluid was drank, and this not even bearing the most biomass, as that had settled down to the bottom of the glass and was much too unbearable to swallow. So in all maybe at most a measly 7.5 dried grams (but in all likely less) of material was ingested on an empty stomach. Without a doubt I can confirm that this fellow is not ungifted in the ways of the spirit and was not mislead by placebo, but it is surprising to note that he reports an experience that to him was equivalent to at the very least 40 grams of standard dried T. pachanoi. This was this mans first travels with T. bridgesii, and he knew from being unable to even chew a dried chip of this cactus that it would be potent. He at first was only going to attempt 10 grams as a gauge for future use, but tipped his scale more towards the 15 and let it rest, thinking of course such a low dose would have little effect besides the more emotive on a day with plenty to do.

But that was not apparently the case. He was quite unprepared (or should I rather rephrase and say that he did not prepare his set and setting, particularly the latter) for what he was to encounter after downing quite laboriously at 2:00 pm a cup of thickened orange juice that quickly became the look and feel of split pea soup to the nth degree. Within an hour of drinking strong somatic effects began; slight stomach cramping, joint fatigue, muscle tingles as though blood flow was slowed, but without a strong urge to vomit (though a minor urge never left throughout). An initial bolt of energy at 2 hours into things was quickly followed by the sense that one had to settle in for what was to come.

The day was spend with the distractions of family, but at the three hour point (5:00), when able, he laid his head back eyes closed and was engulfed in rapidly changing geometric patterns that morphed in and out of shape and meaning. The noise in the outer world seriously pulled the material towards its own desires and he was left only wishing for 4 hours to close his eyes either in silence or in some music of his own wishes. But that wasn’t the case. Instead he played “house” until 10:00 pm, watching two hours of AFV with the largest shit-eating grin, when at that time the family settled in for the night. An hour of reading was put in and the letters appeared to stand off the page as though written on one of those 2 dimensional 3D posters, while the ambiance of the room shifted finely among pastel colors.

What could have been hours of seriously productive work were left to falter on the stage of life’s responsibilities that were not provided for in advance. A lesson learned about Trichocereus bridgesii, a plant that is neglected when it should certainly not be.

This post is becoming ammunition for the TGA, or other government bodies, isn't it?

Sorry guys, I just asked the question, you did the answering. hehe. :D

Well, I think the mods probably should delete this if they see fit. I've learned all I need to know.

Cheers. :cool:

How people approach the trichs in terms of naming one of them as the best will determine whether we get to keep them or whether they go the way of Salvia D.

I doubt laws will get passed as adequate laws against the mescaline containers INCLUDING THE TRICHOCEREUS SPECIES are already in place.

What might change though is more people "looking like" drug users getting arrested for having them.

I've already said anything I ever plan to about specifics of potency; at least in print.

One of those things is perhaps the most important:

Pachanoi has been reported at over 30X from lowest to highest tested. And 23X using just 6 Swiss plants.

This is something to expect in far more species.

The only things a list intended to educate users would do at this point in history is to educate the powers that be as to which would be best to target the suppliers of and of course to better enable the purely recreational user.

It actually cheats potential mescaline users as developing a relationship with your plant ally is the most important part of having a relationship with a plant ally. Being given short cuts that enable jumping past the learning process gives away a huge chunk of personal power and leave the person missing something quite important that usually cannot be reached from beyond it.

That post gives us all something to think about Trout.

Thank you very much. :)

quote:

It actually cheats potential mescaline users as developing a relationship with your plant ally is the most important part of having a relationship with a plant ally.

grow from seed, grow from cuttings. scrounge any old piece of trich from wherever its left to die and revive it

its so adictive. i think its gone into in my blood

when i trip on anything these days i close my eyes and i see the geometry of spiney trichs!

even just in the darkness ist always there underneath my eyelids welcoming me

Rev, I've never even had a chance to sample the flesh of gods yet, but I can still relate to what you're saying.

Trich's, nay cactii in general, are an addiction. They even invade the mechanical dreams of Keta.

web page

in the above post trout suggest some bridgesii species are fully active at 6-12 grams!!!

edited: my contribution did not contribute any NEW information.

WR

Edited by whiterasta

what about this one

any idea which var this is, the one i have is smooth untill right at the base where there are a few spines, havnt had em for long enough to find out how it will clump or how tall it will get.

Edited by teonanacatl

That's just amazing....

T. bridgesii monstrose (Clone B and A) are active at just 10g.

Wow!