The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
boog

safest cactii?

I heard Lophophora has the most mesc. but so many other alkaloids you are guaranteed a mad and bad spu session ( a la "Young guns" flick) the whole trip.

I picked Trich. peruv coz it has only mesc, (.8% dry) and only tyramine (harlmess enuf alkaloid..) Is my "research" correct? Any personal comments on the least nausea inducing cactii?... (not that I have even planted my trich yet!!)

sorry to burst your bubble but the nausea comes from mescaline itself... pure mescaline gives it to you

pretty sure at least

yes, have read and heard mesc is champion for for a chuck... But!!! there is "safer" cactii yeah? No?

MORE PERSONAL EXPERIENCES PLS...?

I have only net research to back up my comments... Loph.for example.... is fulla 8 other alk.s, some of which can induce convulsions, paralysis etc....

The other trichs even, too, have pellotine etc in em.....so once again, what's the safest? Trich Validus has (apparently) no other alks...safest of the lot..Anyway...I'm wasteddddddd and crapping on from my Uni years...(I failed eveerything, cept org chem and pharmacology) - mostly I did "personal research" at the library instead of studying..ha!

Its all good for you

puts hairs on ya chest

Pachanoi, scop and bridge will look after you

i s'pose peru as well tho those spines r a bitch

I've heard from a friend of a friend that those other alkaloids provide for a more interesting experience.

i think it needs to be pointed out that none of the said substances are "safe"

Guest electro

afoaf has been sick (every time)from bridgesii but had the best psychadelic (spelling?) experience hes ever had.

He has also had experience with bridgesii monstorse in much lower doses - similar thing though not as stronmg as described (ie hed need at least 600g for effects greater than amphetamine like awakeness)

the "mildest" hes come across is pedro .... more warm, mellow and "friendlier" feeling than the bridgesi varieties, but lacking the bridgesii's melting floor, melting lights & geometric cogs of the earth turning kinda stuff...

he has not tried scop or peruv, though would not try with peruv simply for all the frikken spikes - immagine trying to despike that - bridgesii is hard enough ! lol

[ 30. March 2005, 13:14: Message edited by: electro ]

In my experience San Pedro has no nausea but you must eat a heap of it and the effects are know where near as potent as Lophophora.

But sadly Lophophora cost far to much to get to have a decent trip, San Pedro is easy (and cheap) to get but you will have a hard time trying to get large amounts of it down.

Buy the way pure Muscaline has never made any gnome I know sick but everybody reacts Different to natural chemicals

how are your gnomes preparing the goodies if oral projectiles common.

a gnome i have met a few times, has told me that he blended the goodie up with some water, put it in a pot, slowly simmered it down, NOT even close to boiling, waited awhile, till it got down to about half a glass of juice, strained thru a hygenic cloth, and had no projectiles from it, aparently the taste of clorophyl (bad spelling) was about the hardest part.

bottoms UP!!!!!!!

Guest electro

a friend oa a friend of a friend uses the following process:

despine

slice up

blend

simmer (then move to boiling when it stops frothing)

strain

resimmer/boil

strain

combine strained liquids

defat (parrafin wax might be good here)

evap

chip up hard resin from evap dish

grind resin in coffee grinder to make powder

pack powder into capsules

so to defat u mix with parafix... and shake? and the fat gets sucked into it.. u let it seperate and skim off?

my gnome just peeled the hard green skin away, sliced the cacti up into lil bits weighing 700 gms in total and ate em like u would a cucumber-didnt puke.He said it was a bit of a buzz but not that much happened!!! hes gonna up the dose next time.cacti in question was a pedro so he tells me.

i know a gnome,his first and only experience on pedro,he weighed up 750 grams worth,peeled the hard green skin on the outside off,then sliced the remainder up and ate like a cucumber.

he got a bit of a buzz,but expected much more.

next time hes uping the dose or trying hes brigs.

he would recomend pedro for a fairly chilled out experience,he reported no visuals,however a feeling of complete serenity was reported!

ciao

jono

Guest electro

re smogs:

so to defat u mix with parafix... and shake?

yea auxin was posting about it at eb (recently in a thread about poppies and once long ago) ... apparently there is a low mp parrafin (50 or 60c) so it melts in your boiling water solution & mixes with the bubbling & yur stirring, then when it cools to 40 it solidifies & u lift your wax out of your dish along with yur np contaminants

sounds cool, couldnt normal wax be used the same thing happens

yes but normal wax melting point is higehr than 100* isnt it? there is special candle making wax that gets really soft when u handle it alot to do easy home made candle sculptures

i bet that melts at 60* or so

quote:

i know a gnome,his first and only experience on pedro,he weighed up 750 grams worth,peeled the hard green skin on the outside off,then sliced the remainder up and ate like a cucumber.

he got a bit of a buzz,but expected much more.

next time hes uping the dose or trying hes brigs.

he would recomend pedro for a fairly chilled out experience,he reported no visuals,however a feeling of complete serenity was reported!

ciao

jono

I've heard some people report that the skin contains most of the alkaloids. Just what I've heard... :P

[ 25. March 2005, 15:43: Message edited by: Salvi ]

i thought it was the layer just under the waxy skin... so u only JUST wanna get off skin...

some gnomes use vege pealers i believe

im pretty sure normal wax melts in hot water i will test it. it would be good to test that skin thing see where all the alkaloids are. me! at the nook reckons there are very small amount in the core.

yup i have heard this as well.. and i believe traditionally its discarded... its the green gooey stuff between outer layer and core thats sposed to be the good stuff

I believe the idea that the alkaloids are contained in the skin was actually an error in judgement by Ott.

quote from erowid

"There are conflicting statements in the popular literature about which of these tissues contain the entheogenic virtues. the outermost membrane is almost certainly devoid of them (unfortunately Ott's Pharmacotheon asserts that this is where they reside). the green tissue is most widely identified as the seat of these virtues, and i believe this to be the case. it is a logical location for a barrier of cactophagic repellents, it proves to be sharply more bitter than the white tissue (certainly indicating that it is very basic, and *probably* indicating that it therefore has the highest concentration of alkaloids), and the obvious informal qualitative bio-assay suggests that the white tissue is either very weak, compared to the green, or else entirely inactive. one experienced respondent opined that the white tissue none-the-less contains enough non-entheogenic psychoactives (such as the mescaline precursor dopamine?) to positively "color" the experience."

I'm not sure about the last bit, that the core colours the experience...considering all accounts I've heard and seen photos of etc from Peruvian shamans etc say you should discard the core.

If the shamans who have been using this cactus for centuries discard the core, I'm sure theres some of that logic going that told them to eat the cactus in the first place

[ 23. March 2005, 07:43: Message edited by: apothecary ]

Guest electro

as far as bitter alkaloidal taste goes ... id say the layer just under the almost transparent skin ... (the dark green bit)