The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mesqualero

Preparing San Pedro....

Theoretically yes. However cactus ingestion is best discussed in forums such as The Nook as it is against this forums policies.

Here we would prefer to keep our cacti in the ground where they do their best magic :wink:

Ahh my sincere apologies. I've joined so many forums lately that sometimes I forget the particulars of each. Haven't joined The Nook yet though.

Thanks for the answer too :)

dry then brew......why.....why not just brew?

harvest as required.....why have prepared material hanging around?

three tablespoons of dry claggy powder!almost half a mug.....my brew recipe produced a half mug dose.....that was the breakthrough.....previously a dose was a whole mug!

t s t .

Unfortunately I have a very bad stomach for swallowing things that taste revolting, so when I require large amounts of extracted codeine for pain, I have to shaft it :bootyshake: I fear also when I have perfected my cactus extraction for my friend in Argentina (yes I really will be visiting with her family in Rosario, Argentina next year), I'm going to have to shaft the juice :blush: Same will inevitably true for a dmt brew without need for the MAOI component.

three tablespoons of dry claggy powder!almost half a mug.....my brew recipe produced a half mug dose.....that was the breakthrough.....previously a dose was a whole mug!

Talkin' to me?

If it's dry you can store it.

I like having prepared material around, I don't trip much, but when the time is right... I like to be able to do it then and there.

It normally only takes 1 tablespoon of my chips for a pretty intense experience... now I don't really know how... because a decent dose of mescaline is like 300mg-500mg... and a tablespoon is only like 1g? Maybe a little more...

Unfortunately I have a very bad stomach for swallowing things that taste revolting, so when I require large amounts of extracted codeine for pain, I have to shaft it I fear also when I have perfected my cactus extraction for my friend in Argentina (yes I really will be visiting with her family in Rosario, Argentina next year), I'm going to have to shaft the juice Same will inevitably true for a dmt brew without need for the MAOI component.

I love to hear more! Even tho it's gross it seems like a good ingestion method!

Edited by Teotz'

Unfortunately I have a very bad stomach for swallowing things that taste revolting, so when I require large amounts of extracted codeine for pain, I have to shaft it :bootyshake: I fear also when I have perfected my cactus extraction for my friend in Argentina (yes I really will be visiting with her family in Rosario, Argentina next year), I'm going to have to shaft the juice :blush: Same will inevitably true for a dmt brew without need for the MAOI component.
I love to hear more! Even tho it's gross it seems like a good ingestion method!

OMG you lot weren't kidding about the juice/tea tasting bad! From half a mug (must have been around 200mls) of San Pedro (300x50) prepped for the tea *SWIM managed only 3 small gulps before the rest was shafted. Shafted to no effect (or minimal) which is a total BUMmer. Perhaps the alkaloids weren't properly able to be absorbed in tea form. Perhaps next time it shall have to be evapped off from the chlorophyll (it was still fairly green more than brown)? Is acetone or methylated spirits suitable? Should SWIM perhaps have left the mug in the fridge overnight and removed the green gunk leaving brownish water as the Peru Brew tek stated? Or should SWIM next time just dry out chips from the dark green material under the skin and just eat those? Are those dried-out chips better tasting than the horrid tea?

*naturally, by "SWIM" I mean my friend in Argentina where these are perfectly legal :)

Edited by FancyPants

if youve got stomach issues i wouldnt try dried flesh.

yes,a few days in the fridge then decant,keeping only the clear brown liquid.then reduce that .

t s t .

It's not so bad once it's in my stomache, it's the swallowing revolting shit SWIM can't stand :( SWIM can put up with other stuff like HBWR cramps (once the brown stuff is scraped off) especially with a buscopan pill. But thanks so much, next time it will be put in the fridge :)

I have noticed there are varying degrees of "peelablity" (how easy it is to peel the waxy layer away from the green flesh)...

Bridgesii has been noted to be much easier to peel than pachanoi many times.

This is a trait we need to breed for...

t s t .

actually, there are very good reasons to dry first.

1.totally dry chips will keep for years with little or no change enabling one to harvest and save for future use.

Not so once brewed

2.Drying a large amount enables one to eliminate the variables connected with wet weight of plants vs. alkaloid concentration.

3.Having a dry standardized batch enables one to start low,and gradually dial in the desired dose.takes the uncertainty out of it.

In other words,if the dry batch is thouroughly mixed,it can be different clones of different concentrations but you can be pretty certain that 40 dry grams will have the same alk concentration anywhere in that batch of chips.

what I've noticed time and time again,is people usually dose way low because they are afraid of going too high and end up with just threshold effects.

All the bodyload and not much bliss.

the other side of the coin(way too much)can be a rough ride.

4.Drying is really easy.My dehydrator will dry 2-300 dry grams in one load overnight.Cutting it and loading takes less than an hour.

5.Then you can reconstitue just as much chips as needed for tst's awesome method

all this peeling and despining is a waste of time IMO.

such an ass of an act as well.just slice of the outer green flesh from around the woordy core and cut up in small pieces, skin,spine and all.

then do what u do, ive hear 3 lots of 4 hr pressure cooks at 15psi is all thats required.

evap down to a skullable amount , the slower (lower the heat) that u evap contributes to how watery ur end product is. which is what u want , a small amount of liquid. not a large amount of caramalised nastyness.

actually, there are very good reasons to dry first.

1.totally dry chips will keep for years with little or no change enabling one to harvest and save for future use.

Not so once brewed

2.Drying a large amount enables one to eliminate the variables connected with wet weight of plants vs. alkaloid concentration.

3.Having a dry standardized batch enables one to start low,and gradually dial in the desired dose.takes the uncertainty out of it.

In other words,if the dry batch is thouroughly mixed,it can be different clones of different concentrations but you can be pretty certain that 40 dry grams will have the same alk concentration anywhere in that batch of chips.

what I've noticed time and time again,is people usually dose way low because they are afraid of going too high and end up with just threshold effects.

All the bodyload and not much bliss.

the other side of the coin(way too much)can be a rough ride.

4.Drying is really easy.My dehydrator will dry 2-300 dry grams in one load overnight.Cutting it and loading takes less than an hour.

5.Then you can reconstitue just as much chips as needed for tst's awesome method

my reservations about this are more about having large amts of prepared material on hand and the same material left in the ground multiplies.

some dried material seems to reabsorb water,[from the air?],so it would have to be stored well or might mold.

powdering would give a more even distribution than chips.

i've heard of very good results from powder.......apparently no digestive issues,even with skin.....this seems to be strong sources usually,dont know about pc size dose.

t s t .

I was wondering about flower bud activity.

If poisons keep animals from eating stems surely the flowers and developing seeds would need protection?

The fruits split right open and recurve to expose the seeds and pulp,indeed this pulp looked like it may eventually have separated from the skin.

Next years experiments for me.

my reservations about this are more about having large amts of prepared material on hand and the same material left in the ground multiplies.

some dried material seems to reabsorb water,[from the air?],so it would have to be stored well or might mold.

i've heard of very good results from powder.......apparently no digestive issues,even with skin.....this seems to be strong sources usually,dont know about pc size dose.

t s t .

Edited...

Edited by FancyPants

t s t .

I hear tell of good results drying for16 hours on high,pulsing in a food processor a couple times to reduce chip size,and triple ziplock bags inside double paper bags in a dry place.

To go on to powder,a cofee grinder is fast and works great.

Straining through a polyester blend shirt keeps all the solids out nicely.

You that are lucky enough to live in paradise can cut as needed,but us poor bastards in the cold lands would risk loosing the whole plant cutting it in winter during dormancy/cold times

Besides,The potency may be much higher in mid summer(this is just from what I've read somewhere)

Are you talking about good results from powder made into syrup ...or just choked down dry.! Gaak!

I can't see any point in peeling/despining either.Just strain

meant 'dry' but placed in a quater cup of liquid,stirred and down,before the slime hydrates,repeat to get dregs,lime ginger cordial works well from what i heard.

t s t .

Has anyone ever tried an acified cold-water extraction?

How do you extract in cold water?

Do you mean like a juicer or something?

I'm not sure about an extraction,but when/if I partake I mix O.J. concentrate slush 1/2 dilluted with powdered chips.Works well.

making a pile of chips is fun..

H.

mmmmm i like potato chips.

opium dip with pedro chips for dipping... :drool2:

H.

How do you extract in cold water?

Do you mean like a juicer or something?

No, just by letting the stuff sit in water for say, a day, strain & do it again a few times. I'm just wondering how necessary the heat actually is if time isn't a concern.

Or do melting points and other such things come into it?

Edited by strangebrew