The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
onz

Damiana Lust

Recieved a nice surprise this morning, thankyou Torsten. Along with my package I ordered damiana lust, quite interesting, smells a little like candy :)

I may try it tonight but may not, has anyone tried it yet?

Also T, how many doses would one get from 30ml?

Damiana doesn't do much for me, but somehow I am attracted to the bitter exotic taste, so I just put a squirt on my tongue every few hours. Goes well in some juices and teas too.

yeah ok i just tasted it and wow that is one strong taste. Somehow T is attracted by it, somehow. Its like damiana spirits, hmmm, yep, thats exactly how I would describe it.

Anyhow was wondering if this would be useful to drip in a cigy or a dry smoking mix.

And T, any idea on tincture to damiana ratios. I mean, how many mls tincture would equal gms dried material?

Makes me think about drenching dried damiana with the tincture to produce a stronger material.

I don't make this, so i don't know the ration. However, from the intensity of flavour I would guess it is substantially more than 1:1 as I've made 1:1 before and it had nowhere near the same kick. Will ask the guy who makes it.

So, what would you guys describe Damiana as 'doing'? What would the effects be if you drank the whole bottle T?

I can only find sketchy info on it being a 'tonic' and an aphrodisiac.

I personally just get a slight mood elevation/relaxation. For others this mood elevation seems to translate into increased libido - hence the sexual reputation. And no, it doesn't take a whole bottle. Usually a cup of tea (ie one teaspoon of her) is enough. A similar amount of tincture has the same effect.

I tried using it for spin, doesn't work too well, the smell overpowers the sweet cheeba.

Joints of the stuff by itself is alright, but I think where its at is a nice tea of some damiana, strong pakistani tea leaves, some honey, and dried apple.

In fact, I think that'll be my new morning tea drink :)

that sounds divine! will have to try that myself over the weekend.

It's a good recipe, very simple yet hearty.

Give it a go! Or don't you have any Damiana? PM me I'll hook you up! :)

Perfect for relaxing on a spring afternoon when you got no responsibilities and nothing to worry about except your hammock

[ 29. August 2005, 14:24: Message edited by: apothecary ]

mmmm, say, what brand tea do you use?

never had pakistani tea, sounds intresting enough. I just gotta get thru the rest of this lipton!

The tea I use can't be purchased from woolworths or coles. You have to head into the "ethnic" district and find a good persian or indian store (sometimes lebanese stock the stuff) and ask for their imported teas.

Then ask which is the blackest

I use Ahmad brand tea :)

Yeah, I got some Damiana. Thanks anyway Apo.

I might give that a go tonight, I think.

Sounds good.

ahhhg, goodstuff is always harder to find, i bet it shouldn't be a problem in melbourne.

Been meaning to post this but... u know.

Thursday, dammit after skool cooking class starting at 4. hmmmm, perfect chance to try DL and with imported tea. class only holds five ppl, cruzy teacher, should b good.

So I get into class early, and go about making my tea. The cooking room didn't have as many tea's as I hoped but it didn't bother me and I grabbed the dilmah. Put about 12mls with my T and 2 1/2 sugars. Tasted great!

Gave a friend a sip, she didn't like. I laughed.

Kicked in b4 I could finish half of it. Much more effective IMO than steeped damiana. I was expecting to climb after I had finished it, but it levelled out after ten minutes and was like that for bout 3 hours.

Work was definetly harder to concentrate on, i must of spent bout 30 mins just screwing around.

Bit of a surprise that night too, I discovered a group of neglected and sad looking salvia officinalis sprouts bout 3 inches high, "growing" inside.

They looked like they were giving up, no one was bothered by my interest so I happily took the home, and now they're much better :D

Also Torsten, something thats been on my mind ever since my first taste of DL was the alc. volume.

Any idea on this?

cheers

i used to drink fairly high percentage spirits (right up to 75%) and I would guess these to be no more than 40%. My guess is that he uses strong spirits, such as 40% or 45% for this, but it may not even be that strong.

geez torsten 75%. What happened did they take these spirits off the market?

You can still get spirits that strong!

Real Absinthe is strong!

Bundaberg Rum O.P.

Alot of Polish spirits

I know there's more out there... :confused:

i havnt seen it for a few weeks but u can get a 95% alcohol!

I am shocked, and appalled.

say, whats it called?

apothecary:

The tea I use can't be purchased from woolworths or coles. You have to head into the "ethnic" district and find a good persian or indian store (sometimes lebanese stock the stuff) and ask for their imported teas.

Then ask which is the blackest    

I use Ahmad brand tea   :)  

Get a CTC Assam. You'll know a CTC (Cut, torn, curled) tea when you see it. The tea leaves are cut into small square bits. Manufactured solely for the Indian market. So, you will probably have to visit a market in the Indian community.

i think its just got a big 95% on the label

isnt the 95% alcohol called everclear?

anyways, damiana has never really done much for me, its a harsh but pleasant smoke, i somewhat enjoy the flavour/smell.

i think its just got a big 95% on the label

Where did you see it, what sort of establishment and how much?

I would have thought 95% alcohol would not be legal for open sale unless it was sold with excise included. So a litre of 95% alcohol would be almost $60 in excise alone. And if you were to use the alcohol for a non beverage use you'd have to have the paperwork and permit to buy it without the excise.

Though I'd love to be corrected on this.

'Cos we didn't have any apple, I tried some cinnammon.

2 tsp. SAB damiana

1 tsp. loose tea leaf

boiling water enough for 2 mugfulls of tea.

Once steeped (5 mins is plenty, might try 10 tomorrow) add 1/2 or 1 tsp honey (depending on taste) and a pinch of cinnammon, stir, let sit for 5 minutes, serve.

How much damiana can I drink safetly in a week? LOL!

I enjoyed todays cup so much (despite feeling pretty useless for a good part of the day :P ) I want to take a jarfull of 2:1 damiana:tea mix to work! :D

EDIT: Also, go through your damiana and gather your seed and attempt to germinate it! I know rates are very low but soil is cheap and someone could end up with one of the first live Damiana plants in these parts

I have only sifted through 1/4 of my damiana and have found about 20 seeds. You can look for loose seed and also ripe seedpods. The seeds look like tiny white/cremey Duboisia myoporoides seed. Found lots of seedpods with brown shrivelled/dried up seed, I imagine these are no good.

Seriously think about it! Even if germination rate is only 3% if we all try germinating the seed we gather, someone might eventually end up with a plant, or at worst a potfull of soil that can be used for something else.

[ 03. October 2005, 11:20: Message edited by: apothecary ]