The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Pablo

"I can't believe it's not (hash, opium)" experience reports

ROTFLMAO @ chewing the stuff. I once got a piece in my mouth by accident and it left all my teeth 'blunt' for hours afterwards. And that was only a tiny piece.

Maybe I should make a proper chewing gum version

Aphrodisiac effect for the notHash? yes, it can have this on both men and women! I am glad this is being noticed.

The notOpium does not.

tried smoking it just about everyway possible with no noticable effects. first tried the recommended 'dry-bong' method (as well as small pipe, joints, buckets, and vapourising off foil). tried smoking it on top of some damiana as well as using a gauze. had many cones, cone after cone after cone.

i dont think there is any problem with my method of administration. the theory that both me and my partner are 'immune' to these two herb extracts seems unlikely. :confused:

the products are made in large uniform batches. if there was a problem with a batch I would know about it because there would be consistent problems. It is safe to assume that you are getting exactly the same product others are getting.

Assuming there is no problem with the administration method this would then only leave tolerance. I have no idea what this stuff might be cross tolerant with, but I would presume at least tolerance with certain GABA drugs. Last time I saw you you were both heavily into various GABA system drugs. That was a while ago, but I have no idea what (if anything) you are into at the moment. Even if you are not taking any right now, there is always a possibility of long term down regulation of receptors from regular or excessive use of GABA drugs, which may impact on your response to these products. This is all speculation though. There is just nothing known about cross tolerances of these things.

I am intrigued though. As I said, while initial problems with these products are not uncommon, almost all customers end up with at least satisfactory results. So it would be nice to work out why these things don't work on you two. I will send you something to test so we can get to the bottom of this. Also, if you could email me your current consumption profile (pharms & recs) this might shed some light on things.

[ 04. August 2005, 03:51: Message edited by: Torsten ]

I spotted the not hash on a spoon and the desired effect was achieved. the not opium i smoked through a piece pipe with a butane lighter, I had a 1/3 gram which was chopped up finely in 2 goes, this worked well. The thing I found odd was that these products boil or melt rather than burn and smoke, all the hash I have had in the past in big blocks smoke prefucely when you cut trhrough them with a hot knife. I assume this is because this product is more oily?

I have tried the not hash on two occasions. I found it impossible to smoke the 1/3 of the block. I tried the not opium in a glass pipe before this post was up. I got no noticable effects from any of the experiments. I am going to try the not hash again this weekend using a torch type lighter to see if this makes a difference. I found it did when using salvia.

I am very interested in those experiments that don't achieve the desired results. If you have any other information that might be relevant then please share it (privately via PM or email if you prefer). Any drug (recreational or pharmaceutical) could have an impact and I'd love to know what these might be. So if you are on antidepressants, if you drank alcohol, if you have a speed/G/opiate/benzo/cannabis habit or used any of these the day of use or the day before, then please include this in your description.

These forums are littered with posts of people complaining that shrooms don't work, or that MDMA doesn't work on them, and often some days later we find out that these folks were on SSRIs or valium. It makes little sense to report one without the other.

Of course, we need to know how to properly administer this stuff to get the desired effect. Once it has been properly sussed then mabey it could be added to the directions on the packaging to ensure maximum chance of success?

In regard to other drug use, i am taking no anti depressant medication(have been off it for couple of years), only smoke small amounts of mj (once a week tops) and had no other drugs on the day of testing. I DO take anti-biotics daily(minocyclin) as well as an omega-3 and evening primrose suppliment.

Hope this will help shed some light on the topic.

quote:

I DO take anti-biotics daily(minocyclin) as well as an omega-3 and evening primrose suppliment.

Minocycline increases CYP3A4 activity - this is the enzyme which is involved in the metabolism of ~70% of all therapeutic drugs - which is why they give the warning on the packet that it may reduce the effectiveness of the pill - as with minocycline & other antibiotics it is broken down faster. I don;t know what the actives in the not-hash are, or how they might be metabolised, but this may be your problem.

i smoke about 5-10 cones of mj a day. i am assuming that this is the reason these products produce a very mild effect (when smoked right) in me. i am not on any other forms of medication/suppliments.

i am a hard head for most other drugs, and most of these ethnobotanicals dont do much to me at all. (sometimes i wonder why i like this stuff at all, nearly every experiment is dissapointing... but the flowers are pretty and growing them is pleasing...)

cant think of anything else that might effect it, besides the fact that i used a glass pipe :D

what i find strange is that i found it hard to smoke in a glass pipe, yet others can smoke it off foil and get an effect? i would of thought that the effects would of been the same, and the glass should of been the better option, for health reasons.

[ 05. August 2005, 05:12: Message edited by: simon_marklar ]

anodyne - excellent post! I was not aware of antibiotics having this effect. Makes sense though.

simon - the problem with the glass pipe was that it is a small pipe. a large glass pipe would probably be fine. On foil the heat dissipates much better which makes smoking easier.

quote:

Originally posted by Torsten:

simon - the problem with the glass pipe was that it is a small pipe. a large glass pipe would probably be fine. On foil the heat dissipates much better which makes smoking easier. [/QB]

that makes sense, as i found the smoke really ripped through my throat, but the little bit that i had left and tried through a dry bong was much easier to get down, and had much more effect than the whole heap i put in the glass pipe.

Method is all important it seems and when you get it right you can decrease the amount used to get a kickin effect.

As i use spin with MJ & # i use the same method just modified a little.

Chop the nothash finely using sissors into 1 side of a stainless steel bowl place un cured spin in other side of bowl(aprox 1/5th -1/4 gr not hash with 1 ciggie)

Take a jet flame lighter and heat the spin side for about 15 sec in a small circular motion, move to the chopped # side same motion less time untill you see the smallest indication of melting.

Mix with spin Squishing together avoiding getting the # on fingers as it sticks to ya, repeat with less heat(warming)twice to get a primo mix- takes a little practice.

"just dont cook the brew, if its smoking your over doing it" low heat and lots of rubbing together works best.

Dry bong with 1/2 - 3/4 full single hitter,go slow, hold jet lighter to it while smoking and toke hard towards the end- tiny of water in the bottom to catch the sparks if not using a gauze

Hold smoke in for a comfortable period.

3 hitters = mild to medium effect

5+ hitters = where's a soft chair i aint goin out tonight.

0-5 min ..comming on

5-15 min.. full effect

lasts about 3 hrs of red eyed fun

Well i promised T i'd post my experience with a different administration method.

Last night i weighed ~750mg of notHash. In past attempts i tried smoking this in one chunk. Tort advised i make it into small little balls, and i read here that higher temps may be needed. I warmed up the piece of notHash so it was pliable. I made this into 21 little balls approx 3.5mm diameter. Trying to get max chance effect i did not take my minocyclin, so had at least 24hrs without that. I used a torch lighter.

It took me ages to smoke it all. For one the lighter would not ignite 90% of the time, even though the thing was pumping gas out and making spark. Then cone piece had to be removed and cleaned out every 2-3 cones as it gummed up.

But! I did get effects! At about the 18th little ball feelings started coming on. I finished all the 21 balls so i knew how much i had taken. I sat in a plesant relaxed state for some 30-45 min. After this i smoked mj so it kind of took on another level then...

SO, yes this stuff does work for me. I would recommend: a good torch lighter that doesnt go out all the time and sparks up easy. A screen in the cone piece would vastly improve things i think. It would be nice i think if you didnt need to smoke so much, i know T that you were worried about over doing it, but i would prefer to smoke a smaller amount of something more potent than alot of something less so.

Hope this helps!

Just got my package, eager to try a bit so i gave ICBIN hashish a quick test run, wow the smell and taste are top notch, i can't quite put my finger on the taste but it's very very familiar.

Torch lighter, dry pipe, about 4 good inhalations a very nice mellow dreamy state. Burns very easily, smoke is not harsh in the slightest even on small dry pipes.

Very nice so far, more thought out bioassays to come...

Packaging, but moreso the physical attributes of the products are really impressive. Fantastic work Tort and HHH, i'm looking forward to giving them a better test soon.

sorry T, no proper reports done yet, i'll get things happening soon,(i always say that don't i? :D )

but a quick follow up from the night of the first trial.

Went to bed soon after smoking it and found my mind was extremely scatty, i couldn't hold a thought for more than a few seconds, and with the racing mind, also were some very mild but again extremely scatty auditory hallucinations. They consisted of people voices, mainly people I am familiar with or have had some contact recently, but again it's hard to comprehend as it was jumping from one to the next rapidly.

I'm thinking the scattiness/auditory things might have been influenced sightly by very little sleep over 4 days leading up to the trial, and decent use of shiva on those 4 nights, but not on the trial night.

The experience wasn't particularly unpleasant though,, quite the opposite, but very interesting to me.

I really like the physical properties of both products, the hash is like hash and the opium melts like a dream. Very impressed with the taste and smell. I like the idea that small business or communities are getting together and making these extracts, it gives it more of a humble feeling or some sort of connectiveness in the community, or am i just talking bollocks? haha Either way, very impressed on the effort put into this.

So far delivery methods that haved worked well for me.

ICBIN Hash - micro torch in dry pipe/dry waterpipe

ICBIN O - micro torch heating erlenmeyer flask base, using plastic kitchen funnel in mouth.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

3 people have now independently reported a total lack of activity of the notHash and notOpium products after consuming a benzodiazepine (valium, temzepam etc) in the 24-48 hours prior to consumption. And there are more reports on this combo to come.

It thus appears that the products work via the GABA receptors and that any drug influencing these will have an impact (one way or the other) on the notHash and notOpium effects.

So, if you are on benzos, don't bother wasting your money on these.

what about taking them after alcohol? Does this also reduce the effects?

after the other night I am pretty sure that alcohol increases the effects

my next trial will be with kava...

I am one of the 'benzo users' Torsten is refering too. Sounds like this explains why I didn't get any effects.

I suggested to Torsten that I do a bit of experimenting, specifically regarding how long one has to be off benzo's before these products will work.

After 24 hours of no Xanax use (I WAS FEELING ANXIOUS! :) ), I tried the products and to my suprise DID get an effect. Quiet mild but definetly active.

48 hours without Xanax, maybe a little stronger.

1 WEEK! Same effects as after 48 hours.

A very big upside... I'm no longer addicted to benzo's :)

Also tried mixing with green, dxm, and alcohol on seperate occasions. Alcohol was the only one that had a significant impact. After a few drinks the effects were imediate and much more pronounced.

So in my experience the effects were mild while sober, but mixed with alcohol was much better/stronger.

good to hear your off the benzo's sasssin.

what plateau dosage of dxm did u take and what was it like with the not_____?

Torsten:

with the administration method this would then only leave tolerance. I have no idea what this stuff might be cross tolerant with, but I would presume at least tolerance with certain GABA drugs. Last time I saw you you were both heavily into various GABA system drugs. That was a while ago, but I have no idea what (if anything) you are into at the moment. Even if you are not taking any right now, there is always a possibility of long term down regulation of receptors from regular or excessive use of GABA drugs, which may impact on your response to these products. This is all speculation though. There is just nothing known about cross tolerances of these things.

so would this b the same with using GABA itself?

probably not. in fact, GABA might intensify the effect.

Well then Torsten, why did assassin have all his problems with the Xanax? That's a gabaminergic drug isn't it?

Or is he just a one-off case?

The benzos are stronger GABA drugs than GABA or notHash.

It's like trying to feel the effect of a sudafed pill while peaking on 200mg of methamphetamine