The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Pablo

"I can't believe it's not (hash, opium)" experience reports

Come on people, anyone that's tried either of the products should write up an experience report.

I tried it using many different ways of smoking and wasn't able to get any effects no matter how hard I tried. This goes for my partner to, who also was very disappointed.

Even when mixed with some 'green', there wasn't any difference from the usual 'stone'.

I left my honest, un-biased review in the 'review' section of the 'products' pages which I will quote;

'Tried many different ways. No noticable effect besides coughing. Very weird smell.'

So come-on, what does everyone else have to say about these two products? :confused:

Thank you for voicing this. All in all, i found it a bit of an effort to get high off this.

IF one manages to smoke enough to get an effect from the NotHash, the effect is very nice. Sadly, its very mild. Spotting gave the best results, HOWEVER, i needed three or more(each taking at least 3 breaths to finish) spots to feel something i don't forget about in 5 minutes. I found this made the product impossible to share around in a social situation.

I tried the notO first. Quite trancey but still very mild. Once again finding it hard to consume recomended dose. Two weeks later notHash arrives. One expects it to be half the strength, but a more pleasant high. Sure enough the high is better, but its only bout 25% weaker than the notO. Interesting. After a week of trying the product in different ways, I was left fealing insulted. Why? Because b4 i tried both products i read the "can't believe its not" threads and found a statement by Torsten: (not direct quote) "theres always some idiot who takes too much, OD's, draws attention to the product, and ruins it for everyone." So i gathered this as the reason for potency...

I never wanted to post coz I realy, realy don't want to insult T.... anyway,

A joint was found to be MUCH more of a hassle than spotting. Dry pipes are more affective and less hassling than joints but, is extremely hash(personally) and again, spotting is more affective.

The taste is absolutely beautiful though, realy, realy nice taste. It baffles me if someone could smoke a gram of notH within 20 minutes, and then they've wasted it compared to spotting. :s

Really been wanting to quit weed these last three weeks, so tonight i WAS going to try eating a cap of 1g NotHash. But i'm pretty sure that Torsten thinks it wouldn't surfice due to some motabilism bullshit. I have no idea

assassin - there is no point for me to try and list all the reason why you might not be getting enough out of these products unless you actually give soem detail of how you consumed them. Most complaints about them being too weak turn out to be people smoking through crackpipes or waterfilled bongs.

onz - lots of points to address here.

All in all, i found it a bit of an effort to get high off this.

It should not be. Most others are not having problems getting good effects. While it is certainly possible that some people won't react as well to this stuff as others, it appears that in most cases it is a matter of technique rather than the material - more on that in a moment.

IF one manages to smoke enough to get an effect from the NotHash, the effect is very nice. Sadly, its very mild. Spotting gave the best results, HOWEVER, i needed three or more(each taking at least 3 breaths to finish) spots to feel something i don't forget about in 5 minutes. I found this made the product impossible to share around in a social situation.

The active constituents last about 3-4 hours, so if you're straight after 5 minutes it is safe to assume you eiether didn't get any into you or you are immune to it. While you may well need to smoke 2 or 3 spots before you get effects, once they start they increase quite quickly. So doing rounds of spots is no problem in a social situation.

One expects it to be half the strength, but a more pleasant high. Sure enough the high is better, but its only bout 25% weaker than the notO. Interesting.

Interesting indeed, because th main active constituents are equal quantities in each portion. ie, a block of notOpium contains about the same as a block of notHash. The fact that you are getting unequal effects from the hash means that you are ingesting this more successfully than the opium, which makes me think that there might be issues with the administration.

After a week of trying the product in different ways, I was left fealing insulted. Why? Because b4 i tried both products i read the "can't believe its not" threads and found a statement by Torsten: (not direct quote) "theres always some idiot who takes too much, OD's, draws attention to the product, and ruins it for everyone."

The active constituents when eaten without the resin base are strong enough to knock out to people cold. Ditto if they are smoked the right way. Some of the admixtures make smoking a little more pleasant, but do not detract from the potency. There are 2 knock out doses in each portion. The challenge appears to be getting them out of the resin and into you.

A joint was found to be MUCH more of a hassle than spotting.

I agree that joints are tedious with this stuff, although many folks are enjoying the opium soaked onto some herbs and smoked this way.

It baffles me if someone could smoke a gram of notH within 20 minutes, and then they've wasted it compared to spotting. :s

If you smoke a gram of notHash and you can still stand up then you are doing something wrong. Trust me - the actives are probably still in the ash.

Really been wanting to quit weed these last three weeks, so tonight i WAS going to try eating a cap of 1g NotHash. But i'm pretty sure that Torsten thinks it wouldn't surfice due to some motabilism bullshit. I have no idea

As I said above, the actives are held in a resin matrix to make them more smokable and pleasant. This resin matrix is probably not easily digested. I might be totally wrong and would love to hear any reports on this. If you're going to eat it, try and make the pieces as small and thin as possible. Thin slices will be absorbed better than small balls I would presume. But seriously, if you are looking for an edible form of these active constituents then you are better off checking out the Zonk pills. They are designed for stomach absorption.

As for smoking the resins, have you tried smoking through a *dry* bong while holding the lighter (preferably butane torch) *continuously* onto the resin, which in the case of notHash should be held in place with a gauze? The resin needs high temps to release it's goodies. If you have tried this and it still doesn't work then it would appear that you are resistant to the active constituents. While this is possible, it is quite unlikely, and so far everyone has managed to get good effects with some practice.

i haven't tried this product, but i have tried many "alternative smokes" in the past.

not one ov them could i have got feedback from the manufacturer like we can here--- & such detailed feedback too...

Torsten--it's so rare for a supplier to actually care; i think most whack "marijuana substitute" on their catalogue/website, then just sit back & watch the cash roll in for "scotch broom" or similar---excellent work geezer

Maybe, too many points to adress, :s

quote:

The active constituents last about 3-4 hours, so if you're straight after 5 minutes it is safe to assume you eiether didn't get any into you or you are immune to it. While you may well need to smoke 2 or 3 spots before you get effects, once they start they increase quite quickly. So doing rounds of spots is no problem in a social situation.

I feel an effect with just about every breath i hold, but if I have under three spots, its not that i'm straight 5 mins later, its that I forget that i'm fealing something. I'm also now in strong belief that "green" overides the affects from the not hash. Also as I wake up seedy EVERY morning, I presume it would be easier for someone to notice effects from a clear mind POV. I have never noticed any steep slope with the high, its always seemed to stop increasing after 10-15 minutes. Definately a more potent mix is the notOpium, affects were more pronounced and lasted a good 3 hours+. Ironicly, the high is less appealing, its really quite nice but the high from the notHash feels more fun - even though less pronounced.

One spot will take about 3 minutes to finish, i saw this as a hassle in a group, but guess its who are and what your into that dictates this. If the group had other options the majority will look at the foil and say "fuck'et". but yeah depends who ya with etc.

The thing is one spot is like, well I reckon you'd get around 100 spots from 2g notHash.

quote:

Interesting indeed, because th main active constituents are equal quantities in each portion. ie, a block of notOpium contains about the same as a block of notHash. The fact that you are getting unequal effects from the hash means that you are ingesting this more successfully than the opium, which makes me think that there might be issues with the administration.

Exactly. I believe the issue with "unequal" effects is due to misinterpretation of both highs. I believe it to be the high which is more enjoyable leading to this calculation.

quote:

The active constituents when eaten without the resin base are strong enough to knock out to people cold. Ditto if they are smoked the right way. Some of the admixtures make smoking a little more pleasant, but do not detract from the potency. There are 2 knock out doses in each portion. The challenge appears to be getting them out of the resin and into you.

Sweet, that was my main question. So its all about response curve... Exactly! The ONLY problem is getting them out of the resin and into me.

quote:

If you smoke a gram of notHash and you can still stand up then you are doing something wrong. Trust me - the actives are probably still in the ash.

I've never come close to smoking a gram, thats what i was saying is I really just can't picture in my mind someone doing this. Dry pipe is probably the only way, but I'v always hated these and believe them to be the worst way to inhale any substance.

quote:

As I said above, the actives are held in a resin matrix to make them more smokable and pleasant. This resin matrix is probably not easily digested. I might be totally wrong and would love to hear any reports on this. If you're going to eat it, try and make the pieces as small and thin as possible. Thin slices will be absorbed better than small balls I would presume. But seriously, if you are looking for an edible form of these active constituents then you are better off checking out the Zonk pills. They are designed for stomach absorption.

As for smoking the resins, have you tried smoking through a *dry* bong while holding the lighter (preferably butane torch) *continuously* onto the resin, which in the case of notHash should be held in place with a gauze? The resin needs high temps to release it's goodies. If you have tried this and it still doesn't work then it would appear that you are resistant to the active constituents. While this is possible, it is quite unlikely, and so far everyone has managed to get good effects with some practice.

Yeah, i was doubting this as efect as most substances need double the amount when eaten. Nevertheless I did it! and its hard to tell. I was stoned off damiana when i ingested the gram at 7 o'clock, so that was sortof in the way. knowing it'd could be up to 3hours untill the peak, still i got impatient and smoked a billy at 8:40. One thing always noticed with the two products, music(psytrance) sounds sweet if affected. So what can I say? It was just an enjoyable sesh last night, but coz of the other herbs in play i couldn't give u an independent exp report. and coz I must wake up for skool, couldn't realy tell if it was making me tired at 12 at night. One thing to note though, my sleep, although minimal and a little interupted was very, happy, if u will. I despise waking up but woke up in a good mood. It was cool.

Were you implying that the zonk pills have the same active ingredient as the NOTillegal products? I just want to know if their barbituates coz i'v tried sleepn pills b4. three times giving undesired affects. the third time it felt like someone had died, or was going to die, very odd depressive state which threw me off that idea. Temazepam was the caper there. Stillnox - really throws your together-state-of-mind out the window.

I'm just aboot positive high tolerance isn't the issue.

nabraxas: thats the biggest turn-on about this site. And the other honest value-producing ethnobotanicle sites. namely herbalistics :D

so if i slice this stuff up and eat it should i swollow it straight or chew it? do u think if i consumed the whole block i could get any effects?

nabraxas - thanks! I neve wanted to release a 'pot alternative' unless I could make it potent enough to be somewhat comparable. We are happy to sell broom flowers, opium lettuce and lots of other things, but we never claim for them to be anything other than what they truely are. And they are really not pot substitutes.

So for me to present something as a pot alternative it really has to be pretty potent and it pains me greatly to see that it is not working for some. While it will never work for 100% of people, there are currently about 20% who are not getting the effect they should be from these products. Most are getting more than Onz and assassin though, so I am really curious what is going on here.

I feel an effect with just about every breath i hold, but if I have under three spots, its not that i'm straight 5 mins later, its that I forget that i'm fealing something.

This stuff is so potent that you could not possibly forget, because by the time you are half way through a dose you should be struggling to stay upright!!

I'm also now in strong belief that "green" overides the affects from the not hash.

That could be. I don't know why and how, but it is certainly possible. At least for some people, because for most others the notOpium/Hash will actually syneergise well with the green.

One spot will take about 3 minutes to finish

I am wondering if the spotting gets the temps up high enough. I also don't understand how you can spot over 3 minutes. I mean, a spot is usually whatever amount is vapourised in a single contact. How do you reheat without losing the spot? I am not clear on this....

The thing is one spot is like, well I reckon you'd get around 100 spots from 2g notHash.

Seriously??? I've made spots of about 15 per gram and smoked these through a can in one hit each. And I hate smoking and can barely inhale any smoke at all.

The ONLY problem is getting them out of the resin and into me.

I think so. This has been by far the most common reason for failures.

I've never come close to smoking a gram, thats what i was saying is I really just can't picture in my mind someone doing this.

Quite a lot of people do this. I've seen it done in less than 30 mins, but I would think that smoking that much within an hour would be quite confortable.

Come to think of it, in the case of this material I think vaporisation (eg spotting) produces more smoke than burning. You may find actually putting an ignition to the spot will make the volume of smoke much more managable.

Dry pipe is probably the only way, but I'v always hated these and believe them to be the worst way to inhale any substance.

Dry bong is my recommendation. Pipes don't have enough cooling surface to make for efficient smoking of this stuff. With a dry bong you can burn the spot at high temps and still inhale cool smoke.

Yeah, i was doubting this as efect as most substances need double the amount when eaten. Nevertheless I did it! and its hard to tell. I was stoned off damiana when i ingested the gram at 7 o'clock, so that was sortof in the way.

NotHash/Opium is in a VERY different league to damiana. If it really worked for you then it would simply override the damiana.

Were you implying that the zonk pills have the same active ingredient as the NOTillegal products?

Some of the ingredients are the same. Two of the main stoning ingredients are identical in hotHash, notOpium and Zonk. But each product has other things to provide for its particular purpose.

I just want to know if their barbituates coz i'v tried sleepn pills b4.

They are not barbs or benzos. Definitely not!

i can say that smoking the not opium in a glass pipe is definatly not the way to go.

i tried the not hash in a joint and ended up throwing the thing away, it just didnt burn.

they didnt really do much for me, im sure it was method of administration. When a product needs so much experiementation to get the administration right, i'll pass and stick with the staple and easy to smoke mj :)

that being said i loved playing with the opium once i finally got it out of the plastic container :D

I don't understand why some people need to experiment with adminstration methods, especially with those that have been clearly ruled out as ineefective, when a perfectly appropriate method has been posted in every thread on this topic. That would be like complaining that salvia divinorum doesn't work because it won't spot :rolleyes:

Seriously, if you guys have tried the recommended method and it doesn't work then the negative comments are justified, but I really can't see the sense it it otherwise.

well i dont own a pipe in any form, so i have tried a few different ways.

tried to put some in a ciggy, tried to put a bit on my ciggy,

then tried the afgan way of smoking O, having some foil, lighter underneath and inhale with a funnel.

and squashed a cone into a red bull can pricked it with a few holes to make it dry billy.

then also ate half of the not hash block.

tried smoking them both, not hash and not O, and well i think perhaps i am either not getting the right temp, to release all the goddies, or perhaps i'm one of the crew who have no response to the active goodies.

does'nt bother me tho i really have never liked mj,

i was just interested is all.

[ 29. July 2005, 15:15: Message edited by: jasemateau ]

Yoda - I would avdvise entirely against having the material be used by the mouth, if ya want to swallow it. capsule it, its not food. definetly need more for oral ingestion. No accurate idea about the affects.

Torsten. firstly by having the lighter, at the end of the spots life, about 3 mm away from the foil to breath in the last half breath of no-longer-herb-tasting smoke, over the period of three spots, makes a nice difference.goodstuff. and yes it synergises but mary draws more attention.

This stuff is so potent that you could not possibly forget, because by the time you are half way through a dose you should be struggling to stay upright!!

mmm, that'd be good

I am wondering if the spotting gets the temps up high enough. I also don't understand how you can spot over 3 minutes. I mean, a spot is usually whatever amount is vapourised in a single contact. How do you reheat without losing the spot? I am not clear on this....

By the sounds of this I think you are hotknifing. Yeah i spot the size of your regular hash oil spot, on foil. I've never had a spot of Hash oil thats been the size of 1/15th a gram of NotHash. The spot is always in contact, the dancing flame controls the emittions.

As I mentioned in the last post it takes me (avg) three breaths to finish the spot on the foil. So i bet more smoke/vapour is produced this way or maybe the smoke isn't as condense.

I've made spots of about 15 per gram and smoked these through a can in one hit each. And I hate smoking and can barely inhale any smoke at all.

Explain. Explain. please, explain.is this on hotknife?.. I cant imagine u spotting thru a can T, lol

Quite a lot of people do this. I've seen it done in less than 30 mins, but I would think that smoking that much within an hour would be quite confortable.

hotnife or dry bong

Dry bong is my recommendation. Pipes don't have enough cooling surface to make for efficient smoking of this stuff. With a dry bong you can burn the spot at high temps and still inhale cool smoke.

Most smokers don't have mesh-cones or somekind of gauz pipe. Untasty ash, any ideas?

Some of the ingredients are the same. Two of the main stoning ingredients are identical in hotHash, notOpium and Zonk. But each product has other things to provide for its particular purpose.

choice.

cheeres Torst, i take so long to type shit. shit

Originally posted by onz:

firstly by having the lighter, at the end of the spots life, about 3 mm away from the foil to breath in the last half breath of no-longer-herb-tasting smoke, over the period of three spots, makes a nice difference.goodstuff.

OK, so is it safe to assume the main issue is temperature? I have suspected this with various vaporisation methods, which is why burning is generally much more efficient with this material.

By the sounds of this I think you are hotknifing.

Yeah, that's the only spotting I know. But it makes sense that vaporising off foil is spotting too. Didn't think of that.

I've never had a spot of Hash oil thats been the size of 1/15th a gram of NotHash.

Potency is something that no product can compete with the real thing. I am fully aware that the 1g notHash dose is far more than an average real hash dose would be.

As I mentioned in the last post it takes me (avg) three breaths to finish the spot on the foil. So i bet more smoke/vapour is produced this way or maybe the smoke isn't as condense.

Yep, I tried vaporising some today and the amount of smoke is about 5-10 times what would be produced from lighting it directly. So my guess is that the goodies are the last thing to be vaporised. Now, with burning this is not an issue because the whole thing gets to high temps in an instant. But with spotting it is almost like fractional distillation where the low boiling point stuff comes off first followed by the higher and so on. It could well be that the repeated heating degrades the high boiling goodies before the boiling point is reached.

Explain. please, explain.is this on hotknife?.. I cant imagine u spotting thru a can T, lol

I can't smoke pipes because the heat of the smoke makes inhalation impossible. So, as I don't have a bong, I often use a drink can with holes in it to smoke through. It's kinda like you make your own mesh 'cone' with pinholes and use the space of the can for heat transfer.

hotnife or dry bong

Dry bong.

Most smokers don't have mesh-cones or somekind of gauz pipe.

A small amount of damiana, lily or other herb can be used to stop the hole getting plugged up. Gauze is not required.

A small ball of steel wool also works extremely well!!!

Torsten:

I don't understand why some people need to experiment with adminstration methods, especially with those that have been clearly ruled out as ineefective, when a perfectly appropriate method has been posted in every thread on this topic. That would be like complaining that salvia divinorum doesn't work because it won't spot     :rolleyes:  

Seriously, if you guys have tried the recommended method and it doesn't work then the negative comments are justified, but I really can't see the sense it it otherwise.

you did say "I think the fact that it cannot be smoked through a waterpipe is its greatest shortcoming. It truely is a pity. But you don't have to smoke it in a joint either. It can be smoked in any pipe and even in a water pipe minus the water." and also "The 'notOpium' will melt to almost liquid as it heats up so you need to either vaporise it or mix it with a herb - any herb. At Mardi Grass people were putting little pellets in legal herb joints or real joints and this was a real hit with the crowd.

The 'notHash' has a lot more body to it, so you can roll little balls and smoke these just like the real thing."

which to me says that i could smoke it through any pipe or a joint, as long as it didnt have water in it.

i found that glass pipes dont work with the opium for me and made the smoke harsh, and a joint of the hash was useless to smoke due to the hash not burning properly in the joint.

when i mixed the not opium with some mj and smoked it in a dry bong i got some effects, but by that stage i had run out though my experimentation with the glass vapourisation pipe...

this is ovcourse, my experience with the products, im sure others are getting an effect, i've read that they have been :D i am a hard head, after all

Yeah, that's the only spotting I know. But it makes sense that vaporising off foil is spotting too. Didn't think of that.

Discussion :D

Yep, I tried vaporising some today and the amount of smoke is about 5-10 times what would be produced from lighting it directly.

thats a big difference

A small ball of steel wool also works extremely well!!!

Thats a fucking brilliant Idea! brilliant.

i reckon the steel wool sounds tops. tried eating was desperate for something withought smoking it, but the only effects i got was me left feeling extremely horney, and my girlfriend was at work nuts! :D

simon - fair enough. Yeah, I thought initially that it could be smoked all sorts of ways because I saw people smoking it in joints and getting good effects. Others were smoking it in small brass pipes, also with good effect. But the best effects were certainly from dry bongs. I've added 20% extra active ingredients into the mix to help out with those gettting the more marginal effects. Happy to put in more (ie make it more concentrated), but then I'd have to reduce the serving size for safety reasons.

yoda - I hope your right arm has recovered :D

lol my right arm is fine now thanx for the concern :D

so does this stuff give alright effects through water? the only problem being that i would have to smoke more??

even tho ur not suppose to use a water filled bong????

Originally posted by Yoda Winfrey:

so does this stuff give alright effects through water?

I think water will suck all the goodies out. so no, don't use water.

The 'womans' partner might benefit from using it. :D

hehe.

Sorry ladies.

Originally posted by Yoda Winfrey:

is this stuff good for "womens pains"?

It did have fairly strong analgesic action on myself, but I have't asked many others about this. The combination of muscle relaxation, analgesic effect and sedation might just be the right mix for peroid pain (if that's the "women's pains" you mean).

Finally got around to having some (ICBIN Mor.Hash) on Saturday evening...very nice :)

After a few glasses of wine a mate and i rolled up a coupla spliffs, and yumbo, very mellow. We both had to get horizontal though...felt really lush and mushy. It was a bother to hold ourselves up in chairs.

Coupla qs:

Is it supposed to be aphrodisiac for women? A few posts above indicate this property for men, but it seems to have had a mildly aphro effect for me too.

Also, what an impact it had on my dreams!!!

Holy cow, some of the most vivid and emotionally charged dreams I've had in years. This stuff should come with a warning...by morning I was psychologically exhausted! *LOL*

Kudos Torsten! :D

[ 02. August 2005, 05:36: Message edited by: wandjina ]

hi wandjina

i am a chic too and yes i have found the aphrodisiac very active in women. it is funny that you meantioned the dreams coz last friday i ate some of the not hashish and for three nights i had some unbelievable dreams woah!! i would wake up around the same time every morning wanting to go back to my dreams. Tho did you find the smell of the herbs oozing thru your skin during the night very strong smell..

After reading the last few posts I decided to try eating some myself to see what happened although I am endowed with a y chromosome. At about 8.30 last night I heated up the ICBINMH and removed a piece about the size of a match head and started chewing. I wasn't quite expecting the gummy matrix to be so chewey but it lasted for at least 15 minutes before I swallowed it. By then I had noticed definate analgesia. I was considering taking a valium for my back pains and found I didn't need one, the pain had subsided and the muscles relaxed and it actually seemed to last all night because I didn't wake up at 4am like I sometimes do.

Interesting.

[ 03. August 2005, 06:21: Message edited by: Fenris ]