The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Ishmael Fleishman

We Are Fucked As A Species

Posted (edited)

I just need to say that "We Are Fucked As A Species"—everywhere I look, I see a species whose sole occupation is consumption—with the sole intent of devising ever greater means to destroy all life on this planet as fast as possible. Our whole society is about destroying the world, and people do not seem to care; in fact, they seem to relish abusive, aggressive, and even violent behavior when faced with reality. There is a deep disconnect between thought and action.

I was talking to a friend about a court case around the gassing of pigs for slaughter. She was horrified at the idea and refused to listen to the suffering of the pigs. Less than an hour later, she was hungry, so she went to the bakery and bought a ham and salad wrap. She buys it and eats it without consideration; she even tries to get me to eat it as well and tells me how tasty the wrap tastes. This is a small example, but it illustrates the near-universal disconnect I see in the world. Buy more stuff, throw away more stuff, consume more stuff, use more stuff, and then shoot the messenger. So often I hear people say, "I will be dead before... so it will not affect me," and therefor they are absolved of all responsibility. In fact, I sense that there is an ever louder mob of climate deniers and science deniers out in force.

Therefore, I say again, We Are Fucked as a Species.

I have honestly considered that there is nothing that can be done. I buy nothing new, and I try to reduce my waste to near zero, but this is impossible in this world. I do not eat meat or processed foods. I know that talking to people is a waste of time. Recently, I have read stories of people who have committed suicide in protest at the state of the world and in a desperate attempt to remove their continued existence, contributing to the planet's demise. Self-suicide as the ultimate act of love for the planted.

Then in the sphere is geo-politics. I see the following playing out: Trump will win the next US election, and if he does not, there will be another wider insurrection. Trump will kill NATO asap, Putin will invade Europe, North Korea will take South Korea, China will take Taiwan, and possibly even Japan will project its power into the Pacific region. I see the writing on the wall, but I also see a growing number of everyday people who actively support Trump, MAGA, and Putin. I see everyday Australians who actively sympathize with these people. From stickers on their cars to rants around white supremacy talking points like the replacement conspiracy.

Therefore, I say again, We Are Fucked as a Species.

Since COVID the number of conspiracy nuts has exploded into the open. A day does not go past when they seek to blame science, the government, Bill Gates, the New World Order and vaccines for what ever they can. I friend of a friend of a friend in her early 80's with a history of cardiovascular disease had a heart attack and died, a stranger just out of the blue responded by saying "that it was the COVID vaccine that killed her" - like WTF.

Therefore, I say again, We Are Fucked as a Species and the sooner the planet wipes us out or puts us in our place the better because as a species we do not deserve to live on this planet.

Edited by Ishmael Fleishman

Humans will go on slaughtering animals, mutilating their children, eating the future, and pushing unsafe/ineffective GMOs as "vaccines" ... for the foreseeable future. They will probably colonise space with more of the same (although machines will have superseded us, by that point). The world would be a better place without us, it often seems to me. Alas, even if we were to suddenly go extinct, our toxic effects would persist for (geological) ages. StarLink will continue its orbit around a dead planet, indefinitely. 

• Like 1

Life finds a way - The planet has been through 5 mass extinctions - and life has returned - it may take 100 million years but in the grand scale of time we will not even be remembered.