The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
2b

Execution styles ?

Well this has turned into "suicide styles" whch was not my intention as i was only inspired by all this Bali stuff on the air at the moment. Still find it amazing that firing squad is so popular though.

execution styles ?? hmmm ,.. I mean ,.. can't we do cool experiments on these individuals? He he he - or "When in Rome" he heheh - Lets gladiator them! Condemed to death prisoners - now Gladiators!

Do something creative with them at least. Not because they took life we have to take it from them. So let them choose if them want to die a gladiators death - ha ha ha a - give them options I say! And you have to qualify for it mentally and physically etc etc....

----------------

hmmm - I do not like thinking of the idea of having to do myself in either,... but yeah,... if I would have to do it - going out with a bang, doesn't sound that bad - Not as radical as CS put it,....( "taking out as many as you can until the bullit hits your head!")

More to the point,.... Taking out key FUCKED UP people, and making damn sure that what I do has to have sound solid easy to understand reasoning to back it up, so that the masses will understand.

Nahhh - CS floating off into the other dimentions will happen regardless - it is the type of fight to up up on this earth that matters, that makes the difference in dimentions you will eventually float into.

There really has to be no point in continuing before I end up with a subcutanous cat tranquilizer needle in my arm - mmm.... add some cid to float off.

"One day the earthmaker will come and look into our hearths to see if we are worthy or not!"

[ 28. April 2005, 04:21: Message edited by: brian ]

I like your views CS

death really doesnt matter cos life doesnt really matter, and life doesnt matter cos put simply you die and so anything you attain, achieve or possess ends up being ultimately futile.

its really quite a relief to come to the conclusion that theres no point and you might as well be generally as nice as you can and just have fun

Id thought about the idea of LSD while dying but when im on good acid the world is so beautiful i just want to stay a bit longer and see what happens next

old age would be most preferable so long as it isnt in pain. A lucid winding down till life stops and theres a smooth transition to the twighlight eternity with a full life to reflect on.

however if i had a terminal illness id prefer to be an assassin as my final task

Id hate to die in my sleep

If i must choose an execution method i choose Poison

so many to choose from and not all are unpleasant

[ 28. April 2005, 16:14: Message edited by: Rev ]

Still no-one wants to 'ride the lightning' yet it is so popular in the US ?

Jump/pushed off a buiding.

I have a fear of heights, great white sharks, many other stuff.

But I would like to conquer my fear even if was 4 seconds to impact.

i chose firing squad as it doesnt involve too much strapping in.

they strap you up for the electric chair, lethal injection and guillotine (sp?). somewhat for hanging and bury you up to your neck for stoning(not sure if thats true - how is a stoning carried out these days?).

firing squad is you in front of a wall hopefully with a fine cigar facing your death. no bondage other than dignified hand tying behind back.

devance - imagine an execution style of coating the condemmned in fish blood and chucking them in the close vincinity of a great white.

thats up there with the scariest i would imagine

Hagakure - I watched a video of a stoning the other day. Have had nightmares ever since and feel sick every time I think about it.

The victim's extremeties are tightly bound so they cannot move. Their whole body is wrapped in white cloth. A hole is dug in the arena and the victim is buried. Men up to their waste and women up to their necks. The law dictates the size rocks that are supposed to be used. About fist size, so that the victim will not die or become unconscious with the first few impacts. ie, this is designed for maximum pain. The crowd then picks up these rocks and throw at the person from anything between 2 and 10 meters. Initially from a dinstance, but as they appear quite dead they move closer (or even run in) to get a harder and more accurate impact.

men take a long time to die. Many rocks hit their bodies and you can see them arching in pain. It is harder to hit the head if this is not near the ground. So they keep throwing and eventually the body flops. Rocks keep coming from all sides and the body sways or gets catapulted from side to side with every impact.

Blood starts seeping into the white cloth from the first impact. By the time the body is limp it is virtually fully covered in blood. Much of the thin wrapping cloth gets torn away by the sharp rocks. Btw, they don't use nice smooth pebbles. Most of the rocks are jaggered or pointy, often kinda squarish.

The crowd is in a frenzy. People jumping and running around, bumping into each other in an effort to get a better aim.

It is difficult to recognise any humanity in these people. I could not help but compare it to the burning of witches and the public torture machines of the dark ages. Iran has a long way to go to catch up to the rest of the human race.

quote:

Hmmm, the most obvious are missing. If I was severely incapacitated at the time then KCl injection would be the best.

Torsten - did you mean that KCL injection hadn't been mentioned? Because that's what a "lethal injection" is.

quote:

my old ancient history teacher used to tell me that if the gilotine stopped without cutting you then you were set free as it was looked apon as an act of god rather than mechanical failure.

I've heard the same thing, but that they had to try three times (or maybe that was with hanging?).

Does anyone know if it's actually true that you get to pick your method of execution if you're sentenced to death in the US?

Or what crimes still have the death penalty as a possible sentence in Oz? Any?

Personally, I take my lead from Leary & Huxley - I want to go out on a psilocybin/heroin OD - hopefully if I'm incapacitated some friendly stranger will give me the injection.

I'd want to be slowly beheaded. So many lucky bastards lately. I can't behead myself and I can't seem to pay anyone to do it for me.

definately high dose opiates but i'd never suicide(i'm thoroughly against it for philosophical reasons) and i hate needles. i suspect there reaches a point in the treatment of many critically ill and suffering patients where the dose of painkillers reaches a point of 'mercy killing'. i'd have no qualms administering a dose to a patient if i were able to ease their suffering in such a pleasant fashion.

[ 14. May 2005, 11:30: Message edited by: waterdragon ]

torsten - cheers for info. that is some fucked up shit. really does show some very primitive bloodlust. what does it take for a society to get past that stage though?

on the topic of iran they either have the highest or fastest growing number of heroin addicts(cant remember which exactly).

there is a huge aids problem from shared needles etc (cant imagine a needle exchange program there)

anodyne - I realise KCl is the official lethal injection, but I guess the term could also apply to lethal injections of any other drug.

I have seen potassium chloride injection on a dog and it was fast as in 15 seconds. Fast as it gets I would think.

I have this vid at home - brutal brutal shit on it.

public dick choping for rape. death by hanging. even slaughtering of indiginous people ( they do not mention the reasons , cause this vid is supposed to be entertainment for sick fucks )man being torn apart by tieing his arms and driving away.

there are also some other horrific but less to do with human cruelty footage on the vid,... like man having no choice but to jump out of a god knows how high story building because it is on fire. plane crashes. shark attack victem, man getting killed disarming a bomb. bull running, innocent woman getting wrong place wrong time.

you name it - all the horrible ways to die yo can think of.

ohh yea, now I remember also a tribal exection - naked african warrior dudes,... spearing another,.... then cutting his dick off. very graphic material.

and no I do not get sleepless nights. I thank the one that runs this crazy show and ask him for more peace, more humanity.

yes jesus has a plan for everyone of us and he loves you very much.

when jesus' plan for you is to be speared and have you dick chopped off while you are still alive remember that god works in mysterious ways.

quote:

what does it take for a society to get past that stage though?

Video warfare and Pro-boxing

I would think being a stoner is being more human if not more humane. Its the remote killers that are dehumanised because they dont have to face what theyve done

If stoning people is human, maybe it's time we moved along to the next point on the evolutionary path eh.

[ 16. May 2005, 09:04: Message edited by: apothecary ]

Well i guess it is human seeing as weve been doing it for milennia.

Or hanging, gassing, shooting, electrocuting, beheading, posioning etc.

No matter how disturbing the methods of the act is i think that we have institutionalised executions of people at all is the ultimate wrong.

I think that seeing a public stoning as more of a crime or more savage than any of these other methods is symptomatic of having on cultural blinkers.

We are used to hearing of people being killed in so many other ways we deem normal such that we take no notice. But when a foreign method of killing comes up it shocks and not only that its given press release to cause maximum outrage.

Iran has some very antiquated methods of punishment. But it is very modern in other ways.

The USA sees itself as a pillar of modernity but the shit that goes on in their justice sytem, prisons and law enforcemnet is not any better whether it be the death penalty or chain gangs or mandatory sentencing or whatever you decide to talk about.

I am very concerned about the direction ive seen people going (again) in the last few months.

Its the Iran bashing thing.

This is a global media campaign as a pretext to war. The Iranian version of WMD.

The powerplayers are seeking to obscure the reality of Iranian society (that is its duality of barbarity and civility) that is inherent n all civilisations and instead to barbarise them in our minds.

By outraging our societies time and time again the intent is to foster an attitude of a sinister and threatening regime in need of disposal.

When in reality you have an oppressive regime that has undergone some major reforms since the islamic revolution in 1978

the ayatollah is long gone and what has replaced him is a much more complex political picture. There are ongoing small steps to reform from within Iran.

But the pressure by the US and the imminent threat of invasion is what fuels fundamentalism to justify its necessity and ruthlessly mainatin its rule. As long as their existence itself is threatened they take it as any means justify security and no dissidence is tolerated.

THe USA is using the same argumnet on istelf to spy on its citizens more heavily than at any time and enact unpatriotic acts.

I dont find it hard to empathise being in a crowd like that and whipped into a frenzy in my ignorance and weakness. But is also realise my humanity in imagining the haunting images and guilt that would come to me sooner or later when i considered what i had done.

Think about the stories of old people recalling their horrific deeds in war or regretting their collusion with fascist or other villifying moments in history whether it be a communist witchhunt or standing by as people are hacked to pieces with machetes.

I think this is to be human and it plays over and over again. We have not changed our nature in thousands of years. The iranians bleed, laugh and love just like we do, in any situation we could be interchangeable. never forget that.

yes we must evolve but to do so we must stop hiding behind technicalities of how one fprm of killing is justified and another inhuman.

[ 16. May 2005, 12:13: Message edited by: Rev ]

I don't want to be misunderstood here. I am not Iran bashing. I am criticising a religion (ie branch of a religion) that allows these sorts of things. I don't care what country this is in..... lets not forget that islamic law rules in several african states (or at least provinces) too! The fact that I made a comment about Iran in these times of US/UK Iran bashing is coincidental and I certainly don't think that 'american liberation' in iran would be desirable. Iran is a divided society - has been since the Shah or probably even longer except that's where my political knowledge of the place ends. It is time for the modern elements of the country to get more support from the west and from other arab countries, rather than ligitimising the theocracy that is to blame for most of the horrendous stuff.

And no, I also don't believe dropping a 'smart nuclear bomg' into a civilian bunker is any better..... which is why the last thing I want to see is another US invasion.

[ 16. May 2005, 13:06: Message edited by: Torsten ]

T, Iran isn't Arabic and thus can't get support from countries in the Arab Council (based on its uh...Arabicity...heh).

[ 17. May 2005, 01:22: Message edited by: apothecary ]

You've lost me there apo ? But Iran has gone down hill ever since the revolution. The rise in HIV and drug addiction can be attributed to the lack of freedom and fun to be had by it's people who turn to drugs out of bordem .Iran had and still has a thiriving film industry , that produces fantastic works but sadly few are shown in the country itself.Iran like Lebanon was one of the most liberal , happening places in the area once and is now a sad reflection of it's former past.I feel strongly for the Iranian people and hope like hell that common sense prevails , but as long as they continue with their program of Uranium enrichment they will be a threat to Israel and the stability of the middle east.Back in 56 Israel flew a squadron of Mirages in low to Egypt and took out the Egyptian air force while it was still parked on the run ways , this pre-emptive strike turned the balance of power in the middle east Israels' way by taking the Egytians out of the picture thus leaving Israel the only true power in the region. I see Irans' Uranium enrichment program presenting a similar threat and would imagine that a pre-emptive strike on it's facilities would not be out of the question. Thus the Iranian people will be further screwed over .

If I was fortunate enough to have a choice then hemlock. I'm sure the NDPSC would let the local green grocer sell the stuff if they knew it was to be used to terminate the existence of ethnobotanically minded individuals. Prepared as follows - a cup or two of fresh chopped herb added to some french onion soup, just after the onions had been sauted until translucent, then add stock and boil down to a nice thick consistency. That and a nice cold pint.

First they'd have to ID the stuff from half a dozen or so harmless look alikes, then risk death preparing the stuff, and by the time it reached me (if it ever did) there'd be no coniine left anyway!

so how is it that iraq is arab, but iran isn't? I am confused. I thought historically they were one country and at least superficially they seem to share the same religions and cultural issues.

In any case, I didn't mean support from just the arab union, but rather support from any country. eg, like some european countries are promoting democratic principles etc by doing selective and conditional trade with iran.

Arabs speak Arabic. Iranians speak Farsi, which is not Arabic. It's not even semitic. Farsi is Indo-European.