The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
RonnySimulacrum

Entheogenesis Australis 05

Due to the success of the ‘Entheogenesis Australis’ conference in June 2004 we are announcing our plans to step things up a notch for 2005.

We have a few ideas for the conference that we would like you to consider and we would greatly appreciate your feedback.

Proposal for ‘Entheogenesis Australis 05’:

Duration: 2 days

Activities:

- (1st day)- Talks/ Presentations

- (night)- Party

- (2nd Day) Workshops, Market/ Trades

Some benefits of using the Grampians site.

- plenty of space (for activities, stalls, fun etc)

- privacy (no distractions or interruptions)

- beautiful energy

- cabins and camping area on the conference site

- relatively close to S.A (so more people from Adelaide & can attend)

- We can get a little silly, get a little loud, perhaps even naked… who knows these are Ethnobots after all

So if you could take the time to do our survey and also suggest any speakers or other useful comments we would greatly appreciate it.

[ 29. March 2005, 21:18: Message edited by: RonnySimulacrum ]

One thing I will say about the music (if we have it)is that it will be some way from the camping area and facing the other way as not to keep people up. Some people will just won’t to chill and chat and others wont to dance, we will make space for both.

:D

[ 29. March 2005, 23:14: Message edited by: RonnySimulacrum ]

My response probably isn't worth that much because it's a little far for me to travel, but since I'm often in melbourne midyear there is some chance I'll be able to come.

I know we're a long way away over here and it's easy to forget we exist, but Australia is actually a lot bigger than that narrow band on the east coast. Perhaps WA could be included as an option in the poll?

I am so sorry all you WA people.

I had it on my paper work and some how is did not get posted. I am a dill.

Hope you can make it down creach.

Really, I just messed up.

if you are coming from WA, just post WA as a post and i wont be comeing at the question about your state, and i will - them off and work it out.

[ 30. March 2005, 00:03: Message edited by: RonnySimulacrum ]

is there anywhere i can find more updated info. ive already calculated distance ill be travelling for my FIRST meeting. YAY. 1091 kms one way.

hmmm, see if i can get this pic to work

enthomeetdistance3br.jpg

Shit thats huge!, im from newcastle but i thought this may be useful for other who dont know where it is. ill add other places if n e wants, googles keyhole it is. or ill get rid of it, which ever

[ 30. March 2005, 07:33: Message edited by: Amulte ]

Sitting at my desk now i can see the Grampians :D For once I wont be the one travelling 3 hours :D Bring it on , I'll be there. :D

frown.gif

Thanks for the Map Amulte.

Really gives us a context.

I think ***minerval*** lives in New castle to, and I know he is planing on heading down.

Maybe you can car poll.

Also, I know others from up north will be heading down to.

:D

Won't be able to make it.

a) Too far away

B) Will still be working full time until June 23.

We are heading for a May/June date, you never know, it may just be June 24/25 :D .

The date is realy dependent on Booking at the venue. and raising the deposit of $500 or so $$$.

[ 30. March 2005, 11:34: Message edited by: RonnySimulacrum ]

RonnySimulacrum:

I am so sorry all you WA people.

Sorry Ronny, I was a bit harsh.

It was pretty obvious that you'd just forgotten, after all you included the NT which has far fewer members than WA.

RonnySimulacrum - yeah i met ***minerval*** ,

Edited by me

ROFLMAO

[ 31. March 2005, 19:40: Message edited by: Amulte ]

Amulte:

RonnySimulacrum - yeah i met ***minerval*** , i lent him 3 HPS lights and i never saw him again???

Arn't i a stupid trusting bastard! ROFLMAO

Well that is un like the Eli i know, but hell you just can not tell

Maybe you should ask him where they went?

[ 31. March 2005, 00:06: Message edited by: RonnySimulacrum ]

RonnySimulacrum - i sent him heaps of messages but no response,he was reading em. lol ive still got em all, i never got abusive either. he seamed like a nice guy, bought me a beer for petes sake. :confused: at first i just thought he was busy?

maybe im just too much of a freak. :D lol i do think that would be it, im more into the shamanistic side of things rather than ethnobotany. some do fail to distinguish between the two but there is a difference. now that doesn't mean the two cant exist together as thats what im trying, having been more into the shamism than the ethnobot side.

but ill stop the whining and theard hijack.

Im looking forward to the event heaps though.

EDIT - hmm, ya know your right, i should prolly give him a call, he did give me his number

[ 31. March 2005, 20:01: Message edited by: Amulte ]

"Question 10 of 10: 9. I prefer this new idea better than the old format (Library and or Rubys)? "

I suspect there can be more than two options here.

This one will be better for certain activities such as bushwalking than the other two were. But if its pissing down rain, then the other two would be more confortable (we are in winter) even with the cabins.

I have a a wife and a couple of kids, so attending this sort of event may be a bit difficuly for me.

Well, yes and know

We are still holding the conference in a big hall like structure, rain is not going to interfere with the conference, more the Partying or other fun (which is secondary), but it never rains down there anyway, they are still in a drought. The camping and lodging is a 2minut walk from the kitchen and hall. Let me see if I can fin a pic.

4398848_6d8d8c2185_o.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/kar...mmons/Site2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/kar...mmons/Site1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v623/kar...immons/spot.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/ron...oorDale-net.jpg

Cabins on one side of Triptamind stage and hall on the other

The only shortcomings in my mind are there MUST be a cost (approximately $50) associated with the conference and we are further from Melbourne, but these are shortcomings fare outweighed by the benefits.

Jack:

I have a a wife and a couple of kids, so attending this sort of event may be a bit difficuly for me.

There is camping on site, bring them all along, it is a family event. I know others will be bringing children. It is all part of then fun, they will have a ball.

This Sound kool N E 1 from SA planning on going cuz im interested but dont drive yet lol (lost my license :P ) Willing to pay for petrol and expenses how far from adelaide n e 1 know?

And jack, I think we are defiantly heading towards having children under 12 years if accompanied by a parent over 20, geting in free.

Poll Information

This poll contains 10 question(s). 16 user(s) have voted.

Are you guys ever straight, hahahaha, sorry, i had to :D

lol might seem like a long shot but anyone going from FNQ or even brissy???

hey RonnySimulacrum, you were right, i was wrong. lol :P

Edit: drunk on passion pop enema

[ 31. March 2005, 10:05: Message edited by: min(E)rval ]