The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
devils_cactus

cannabis seeds...legal?

I seriously doubt it.

I can't quote anything specific because my research gnome is fucking stoned.

I believe peoples seed packs from places like seedsdirect and heavenly stairways have been nabbed by .au customs people many times now.

[ 01. March 2005, 20:37: Message edited by: apothecary ]

Its probably legal under federal laws but you would have go check every states laws. Also depends on what you mean illegal as its there is legal crops of MJ for research ect.

[ 01. March 2005, 20:46: Message edited by: bloodbob ]

i think u will find as the hole plant is outlawed and not the chemical that seeds or any plant material is illegal came with coca

surely all vegetable matter entering our border must pass through quarantine procedures.

can recall something about spraying vegetable matter with poison so as to eliminate pests . .

dun think the living seed is gunna like that..

This old post talks about pollen but may help.

Torsten's 2nd post addresses this issue from 2001.

[ 01. March 2005, 23:08: Message edited by: Maca ]

Seeds are illegal and i am almost certian it is because they contain a small amount of THC .

It varries from state to state. Eg In S.A your allowed so many plants growing but you still get a fine where as in N.S.W its all illegal. the seed will be used to grow the illegal substance.

Thats my a Gnome just told me, think its been aropund a little...

the seeds are a customs prohibited import (drug schedule). This was the main hurdle to hemp plantations getting started in the 90's.

On top of that you also have the state laws, all of which make the seed illegal, however in some states they are ignored.

funny story:

i am with friends for some reason wandering the streets of north adelaide on a nice night... as we're wandering we see in the gutter of a main road some large document folders.

i am curious but decide to leave them where they are, in case someone is coming to pick them up.

About an hour later we are in the car leaving the area and see the folders still in the gutter. I jump out the car as we decide to collect them. The folders turn out to contain a lot of legal documents of court cases. XXXXXXXXX vs YYYYYYYY, TTTTTTTTTTT vs HHHHHHHHHHH etc.

One page is bookmarked. This page contains a case against someone with marijuana seeds, and i can't remember the details, but somehow the person with the seeds got off scott free, over some technicality that the seeds did not constitute usable plant material (if they contain thc, the amount must be negligable or awkward to use).

If people are interested, i can get hold of the case from my friend who has kept the folders and post some more details. could be interesting - although remember what applies in south australia may not apply elsewhere!

it was a strange night indeed.

South Aus has liberal canibas laws , that's why it's widley known that alot comes from there. In Victoria I've read in our local paper (in our town they list the court penalties from the local courts) about people being charged with posession of seed.