The Corroboree
Sallubrious

Punching Marsupials

Is it OK to punch Skippy in these politically correct times ?

Everyone's probably seen it by now so I won't post the youtube vid.

I would have hit the bastard too. I've seen roos get dogs in a headlock like the one in the vid and normally it doesn't end well for the dog. I've seen dogs disembowelled or get a fractured pelvis & or leg bones. Normally it all happens very fast and the dog comes off second best.

It wasn't even a very good punch, my Mrs hits harder than that.

• Like 2

That reminds me of one of my all time favourite words Glaukus. One time I went to the Australian reptile park and they kept their platypuses in a  Platypusary 

It would be a travesty to be sure.

If one could eat an animal from the coat of arms but one couldn't punch said animal without ramifications.

• Like 2

Haven't seen the vid, but the thread title reminds me of a story from my days out in central Oz when a bloke stopped to take the carcass of his roadkill, when the big red stood up and looked down on him, he punched it in the mouth and broke his hand... He didn't get a feed from that one, but gave everyone a good laugh for weeks...

It would be a travesty to be sure.

If one could eat an animal from the coat of arms but one couldn't punch said animal without ramifications.

LMAO Sallubrious... So true though!

posting it here because it is a truly golden piece of video:

• Like 2

More a clip than a knockout blow.

I don't condone it but it was prolly a fair move since the roo could have caused him a serious injury.

I'd say the guy chose offense as the best form of defense in the moment, but an open-handed bitch-slap would have seemed a little more PC than an actual punch.

Limp wristed punch sure seemed to get the roos attention lol Im amazed at how utterly trapped the dog was in that headlock

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 4

lol, more kangooroo punching vids please!

• Like 2

i had a kangaroo from a young joey as a boy, and he was good to fight with, it trained him for the wild when he was released a few years later.. i used to just slap him around (slaps, not closed fist) and he scratched my arms and kicked me, id often come off second best, but because it was sustained and i was ok with being the boxing bag - he had a real instinctual respect for me, he would bow down when i told him id had enough and lay on the grass near you.

he was 4.5foot roughly when standing flat footed and would fight all the jeans on the clothes line and i remember him bounding up and down the backyard (we had a decent 40m x 15m yard) was fun to watch just how high they can jump if they want to, he could have jumped the fence, but prefered to be our personal lawn mower

Edited by Curb
  • Like 3