The Corroboree
Torsten

Upgrading this week. Downtime is possible. Please report problems here.

tech support is fixing some problems with the forum and also upgrading to latest version. There could be short periods of downtime. hopefully no major problems.

we'll probably lose the skin and not sure if the old one will work on the new version, so it may all look weird for a while.

• Like 6

i wondered what kept happenning over the last couple of weeks

lol it even tried to blame me one time x]

post-14443-0-94592100-1460693472_thumb.j

look fwd to the new !

2016-04-13 17.21.33.jpg

2016-04-13 17.21.33.jpg

nope, that was unrelated. The actual server was having some issues. The backup configuration was malfunctioning, causing the server to fill up to 100%. All sorts of bad things happen when the server gets above 98%.

It's one of the small headaches that tends to follow a server move. new software, new settings, etc.

• Like 1

where is the chin? the thing in the top right seems to be the hand holding the phone. I can't see any chin.

• Like 1

My bad, Haha! It looks a bit like the Swedish chef sans facial hair!

• Like 2

It's funny though because i thought it was a chin too. But the cheeks just looked extremely puffy. It took me a while to realise it wasn't a chin.

• Like 2

Are the techs still fixing things?

There seems to be a lot of broken picture links, including a bunch in the gallery found in my profile.

Seems that pictures embedded in PM's didnt survive the upgrade ?

Also it does not appear (pre existing) quoted content is appearing in quotes and html formatting has issues?

above is an example of the html issue...

And what happened to all the 'Friends' that were once shown in the Profile view?

I think its just a damn shame 'upgrades' are seldom entirely backwards compatible and end up being more of an abortion that needs constant tweaking to even slightly resemble which once was....

And what happened to the Preview Post button??

Pretty sure those problems will be fixed. The decision to make substantial software updates like those are usually made outside the influence of the forum owners. They can either update and try to get everything working again or risk having an insecure forum software. Which is not an option because many hosters will throw you out or annoy the shit out of you if you have outdated scripts and software.

Some of the functions look really nice. The NOTIFY ME OF UPDATES thing that you can slide on and off is neat and the overall software interface does look improved too. I am borderline OCD and hate changes ( and I really mean that), but I feel like the whole thing probably comes with some neat new functions too. The look and the color theme WILL change. And the rest...I am sure T will either get it working of remove plugins that are no longer working. Stuff like the galleries and other plugins sometimes need to be tweaked to be compatible. These days, it´s really not an option to update or not. There are countless bots that try to use zero day exploits and I always have to upgrade my websites instantly if there´s an update available or not.

The whole script thingy looks great to me. The loading time is a lot faster and I feel like the website runs a bit faster overall. And that´s a key factor for Google too.

Torsten, does this come with SEO plugins?

Edited by Evil Genius

There was no choice but to update - because of security reasons. So we just have to deal with the changes.

I am very keen to read about any errors so i can pass them onto the tech team, but please refrain from complaining about the colour etc as i can't start to fix any of that until I can be sure we don't have to revert.

I will be focusing on the essentials first and then look at the cosmetic stuff. Mind you, i don't have a lot of time, so there may be delays with the cosmetic stuff. depends a bit on how long the essential stuff takes.

Larger file size limit on the photos :) !!!!  now i don't need to resize every god dam pic. lots of broken pics atm. My pics didn't show up on old post until I edited the post. didn't change anything. just edited and saved and pics came up... It still has the [attachment= tag thing's from the old image up-loader tho, they will need removing.  

• Like 1

The forum is so much better on a computer. From my ipad i was getting a terrible basic version, and feeling ripped off. Now on the laptop, it feels more corroboree-ish and i slightly feel like I'm getting my SAB fix. lol. :)

• Like 1

Can't turn off email notification of messages as the opt-out is disabled by the admin.  Is that a new requirement?

Can't turn off email notification of messages as the opt-out is disabled by the admin.  Is that a new requirement?

Pretty much all settings got screwed up. Some because the system is different, some  because the upgrade did not go well. So I am going to work with tech support the next few days to fix things which may include starting again. I won't be fixing any settings like that until I know we can actually keep this upgrade attempt. I'll try and keep track of all these issues, but if I forget please remind me.

• Like 1

Speaking of security, is there any chance that https will be enabled?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Slocombe said:

Please.

• Like 2

Please change online users default from "All" to "Logged In"

Thanks

Edited by rahli

14 hours ago, rahli said:

Please change online users default from "All" to "Logged In"

Thanks

Done

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Slocombe said:

Yes, I'd like to sort that out this time. let me get everything else fixed first though.

• Like 1

zelly, all embedded images should now be fixed. Gallery is fixed too.

• Like 1

On 20/04/2016 at 9:33 PM, CrayZ said:

have tweaked. is it fixed?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Torsten said:

zelly, all embedded images should now be fixed. Gallery is fixed too.

wooohooo yes they are , my beautiful pics!!!! (my records really) *hugs them tight!*

oh yeah ... :3 your beautiful pics too!!!