The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
RonnySimulacrum

CS - an unlawful autobiography

Well, after repeatedly ringing CS’s press agent and being told that he is not available for any up and coming performances.

We want CS to give a talk at the forthcoming ‘Entheogenesis Australis’ Conference in Victoria on Saturday the 5th of June 2004.

We have asked him to give a speech on drug binges & naked plants - an unlawful autobiography entitled “Shenanigans in an unlawful world”.

To encourage this man out of hiding please let him know you want him there, and to give a speech.

Suggest an alternative speech topic for CS (below). The Best suggestion from someone that is actually attending the conference wins an EARTHPOD SUX! T-Shirt.

I have faith that if his groupies let him know that he is needed, he will attend :D .

sorry, could only think of one - "Ketamine"

if you want it to be a short speech then just get him to talk about the negative aspects of ketamine. if you've got a 2 hour slot to fill then do the positive side instead

and if ketamine doesn't fit into the program cos it's a chemical, then stick him in the shroom section and get him to rant about "Shrooms - while on ketamine".

How bowt "Chemical Shenaniganz"?

BTW Torsten (will try and get a T-shirt to you, unless your gonna be here on the 5th for the conference) & Daniel, Rev and others (I let slip by)

Hope you all have had a happy birthday.

Well I am voting for these,

“PontifiKetaminea” :D

“If I went home I would be arrested - on the run, how to have fun”

“Hunter s. Thompson is a soft cock, let me tell you a story or two” :cool:

Sorry I forgot one;

“Yes that is Ronnysimulacrum’s stash in my pants, but I am still glade to see you”

Firstly CS I hope you have not taken offence to this topic, it is a joke and you are a joker, We want you to come and tell as some jokes, lighten up the conference after all the chemical chit chat. You are a funny guy, we all know that, and that is why we started this joke of topic.

Secondly I had not read the post by Mulga, the reason for changing the name was not as you think.

Why did we change the name?

We changed the name in the (maybe idealistic) hope to transcend conflict between people that really have not all that much to do with us Vic heads. Most of Victorian ethnobotany is not web based and has not that much to do with the forums. We all have each others phone numbers and ring each other up and chat or meet up and chat, swap, trade etc.

There seems to be all this feedback trickling back down from up north and it is starting to really affect people down here when it should not. Yes we all feel for you guys and the tense grounds up there but we do not want it all seeping in down here.

I personally have no problems with anyone who attempts exploration in ethnobotany and altered consciousness (as long as it is vaguely ethical). Logic dictates there will always be debate and difference, and this is a good thing because it leads to new and exciting alternatives. I do not want ethnobotanical monoculture.

We changed the name so people would stop inferring that other peoples opinions, loves and hates were aligned with ours - we have our own community that is not completely separate but does have its own structure, boundaries and tensions, but does not need people reading it through Northern glasses and inferring their conflicts our way.

The only person that really has a right to complain about a name change is Carl Turney.

Feel free to flame the hell out of me everyone, but do it with a Victorian context. This is not some national plant food fight it is just some people who want to get together and get on with learning without having to empty other people trashcans to do so.

Love and Light

Further more if someone wants to run another conference down in vic titled Mini EB go for it, we do not own the name. I would gladly attend but understand we (not me but a group of people) have opted to take a political move in the direction on non-politics. Neutrality.

The strange thing is that entheogenesis is the name of an international Australian conference some people were planning a few years ago...

Julian.

Personally I don't have any issue with the name change (and it's really none of my business anyway). I never objected to Carl using the EB name and at some stage he asked me if he could continue using it to which I agreed.

I actually prefer that it is now not related to EB anymore as at times the similarity in names has caused confusion.

I did think that the choice of new name was very loaded and explained this to Ronny. I think the choice of that name will not achieve what Ronny might have set out to do. It does little to placcate Mulga and it certainly has little meaning to anyone else. It is however a REALLY good name and just because it has history doesn't mean it should be shelved forever.

It is also an unfortunate choice because not only was it the name for a planned conference a few years ago, but it was also just recently used for a conference in canada.

I think the choice of name has had the opposite effect of what you were trying to achieve Ronny. Luckily most people don't know, don't care or are sick to death of the whole drama, so I doubt it will affect more than a handful of people. Personally as I said, I don't have any issue and it certainly isn't any of my business. I am just happy to see that you guys are keeping a good thing going. Who gives a toss about the name....

Respectfully put and I tend to think you may be too right for my liking.

Frankly changing the name was the easy part of organizing this event, it has not been easy and I can only begin to understand the difficulties of running a 3 day conference.

Best wishers and we would all hope to see you down here for the event if you are not too busy.

Love and light

‘Entheogenesis Australis’ (Formerly Mini-EB) 05-06-04

Victorian Entheobotanical and Shamanic Plant conference

This year we are working to fill the shoes of Carl Turney who has done an excellent job of organising the event in years gone by, but is unfortunately out of the country at present.

Speakers and consultants

Michael - 'Neurotransmitters, Entheogens and the Tree of Life, a thought concept in progress'.

Tim - 'Mono Amines & Brain Chemistry'

Thomas - ‘Not from an authoritative source': the chemistry and politics of salvia

divinorum

Martin - 'Extracting Organic Caffeine in a Small Room'

David - Offering access to the Australian Flora Information System. For interested People, this will be happening over the meal break.

Snu - "Words on club-mosses [Lycopodiaceae], drawn from his published article in ‘Eleusis’"

DJ Krusty - 'SOUND SYSTEMS, SACRED PLANTS & TRANCE DANCE?? Including a reading from his published chapter in the ‘Free NRG Book’"

Gonzo - 'The concept, history and future use of guides on Psychedelic journeys. As well as some words on the forthcoming US MindStates conference'.

Conference Details

Date: Saturday, 5th June 2004

Address and Venue: Ruby’s lounge, 1648 Burwood Hwy, Belgrave.

Time : 4:10pm Til ~ 8:00pm (possibly a little later).

Cost: $5 donation.

Also this year we are running a raffle to rase money for the future sustainability of the conference, Tickets will be $10. First prize is - Cobalt Bladed, Super High Quality Scissors valued at $635/ Pair. Blades set for general use. Thankfully donated by ‘Excellent Edges’ Ringwood 9879 5049. There is no doubt that the winner of this raffle will have the best mix chopping scissors in the country. There will also be a second prize up for grabs.

There will also be legal herbal highs and psychedelic book available to buy. Also feel free to bring some of your own shamanic plants to swap or sale.

We sincerely hope you can attend this event :D .

Kind Regards;

Timothy Payne

Michael Bock

Jonathan Carmichael

Adrian Glaister

Well there are other reasons for changing the name of the conference. One is that yes it was almost exclusively EB heads in the early days of the meet, but that is not the case any more. There are lots of oztrancers and Doof heads these days that are only recently discovering SAB and ethnobotany-australia.

Two, We do not need to be read in the shadow of SAB, I do not mean this in a negative way, SAB is the most important institute in Australian entheobotany, and probably realistically the only one. However the term ‘Mini’ kind of gives the idea that we are not able to offer something that is not covered at the National conference, and may lead to confusion or even people not attending thinking they can cover all the bases if the attend the National EB conference. This just simply is not true. Most of the Melbourne meets have a very diverse program and a large attendance, many of which can not make it up state (at least every year any way).

Well hope to see you on the day CS, it will be fun for all.

[ 26. May 2004, 17:12: Message edited by: RonnySimulacrum ]

[edited - never mind, it wasn't important]

As for the conference name change, I just want to repeat that I am all for it for pretty much the same reasons as you. It seems it's not the change that is causing friction, but the choice of the alternative.

[ 27. May 2004, 02:20: Message edited by: Torsten ]

Very sorry about the last bite of the post, yes I do think it could be misinterpreted, and when I can edit, I will. I do not know anything about the relations of these people to one another, these are simply the people I have met in the area that I respect and gained something from. I had expected to see them at EB, or more hoped to. All I was trying to pint out to CS is that it is all very complicated, non cut and dry, not all forum based and not really our business. I love some of CS posts, but I wish him and M had not splashed it around this Thread, it seem it follows us around on these forums and I is bad luck.

I sincerely apologise to T and others for my 5 or so lines of unnecessary righting, which should not have been posted.

We just wonted a name change, really is it all that big a deal, do people have to read all that much into it?

Anyone trying to read something into my or T above post (or use of names) does so out of stupidity.

[ 26. May 2004, 20:31: Message edited by: RonnySimulacrum ]

No worries Ronny. I can see you are desperately trying to do good and to eliminate friction, so I deleted my reference to those other people as well.

This situation serves well as an example of how good intentions can easily be misinterpreted and end up in a big mess. No one understand that better than I

cs, i get very upset about mulgas bitching against sab, every time i read a mulga post it spoils my mood. now there is nothing wrong with you defending our friend tort, but you cannot do that in an abusive way (as you did at eccles site!!), are you so enraged by mulgas shit, that you have to writte "verbal abuse like you do"? it show's me you lost conntroll over the situation and thats not good at all.

cs, you make us laugh here more than anyone else,

i love your posts, we know us in person..., i get coughing fit's from laughing reading or viewing your amazing UNIQUE posts. sometimes i search for them to get good entertainment.

the verbal abuse, you practiced breaks all forum rules. cs, what's behind the mulga rants is easy,

medicine garden is not happy having sab as a new and very succsesfull competion around.

mulga is associated with mg,

get it? mulga's smear campain against sab,

could increase sales for himselfe and mg.

i think that mulga is a f*****g liar,

but that give's you no right to break forum rules.

edit: i+t= it !!

[ 27. May 2004, 16:11: Message edited by: planthelper ]

Well if that's the main reason, planthelper, then Mulga is simply a stupid capitalist who wants more business for his associates.

Where does that fit with his great sense for the environment etc.

I think Mulga is also a redneck and racist because he keeps going on how long he has been on this land and how it belongs to him and his forefathers...

Mulga simply sucks and is not worth upsetting people in forums for...

i don't know if that's the reason,

but it makes a good motive.

now, i got more involved than i wanted...

CS, fucking moderate yourselfe,

you are stealing mod's time!!

edit: one more thing,

u don't do sab a big favor either by acting the way u do,......

:P

[ 27. May 2004, 15:14: Message edited by: planthelper ]

c'maaan planthelper- lose three points for CS baiting. It isn't sporting, it's like shooting fish in a barrel :P

Chemsha may be high maintenance but he is soooo worth it. I think you should treat the mother of my unborn child with a bit more respect.

The dude is raucous, loud, abusive, elegant and apt. Take away the first three qualities and the latter wouldn't make much sense out of context.

I don't have a problem moderating CS- what he takes up in time he more than makes up in sheer guts and even the odd economy of expression. Even when I don't agree with what he's saying he says it better than me And at least he says it- I don't find out via a third party PM in six months.

I just wish he'd tell me why he's not talking to me *sniff* :( LOL

As to the M word and its annoying recurrence in the forum I moderate, unless *directly* relevant to a particular issue I don't think its mentioning in conjunction with mere speculation is fair or even interesting. He's over at EA, bitch where he has a chance to bite back. I won't edit posts which contain such a mention unless they fall afoul of the rules- but anyone who does will be sentenced to a full week of washing mouldy tissue culture jars in my kitchen Have I made myself clear?

...cs, you make us laugh here more than anyone else,

i love your posts...

Look, when people's toilet walls with print outs of CS's posts stuck up on display (an apt place to read, as your sure to piss yourself

then you know this is testimony of a true legend.

I think every toilet in the world could do with a CS quote (or three). It'd be a shite-load more entertaining than the typical stick figure scribble of "Big knob Bob" in black permanent marker.

Anyhoo, with that said;

When I was sitting there helping to come up with a new name I had two things in mind.

1. (primarily) Mycology, Zoology, Psychology, Chemistry etc, etc are but a few fields of study that relate to Ethno-Botany (as mentioned during the intro of a presentation entitled Bufo Marinus- Milking the Toad @ EthnoBotanica03)

So I/we felt a need to come up with a name that encompasses as many of the related fields of interest without being so broad as to call it "Interesting Stuff &...Yeah" -Vic Meet'04

2. Diplomacy, as far a any efforts to reduce friction in the community go.

In reference to all this about NMA and the M word itself, the only context I want to hear or read that name in is i.e M has finally decided he'll spend his efforts on things other than bitching and whining.

CS, M is (should be) a non-issue so let's not mention it again.

Finally, I was vaguely aware that the name Entheogenisis had been used somewhere/when before, however that slapping the Australis on the end should ensure that it was at least specific to us down under.

Mini EB was soo much simpler.

The other choices were things like Ethnobiologica or Entheobiologica Australis.

Melbourne MindBender- Conference 2004

MindShift(er) Melbourne-

Ooops, I've been up too late...

planthelper:

CS, fucking moderate yourselfe,

you are stealing mod's time!!

OK Planthelper, your wish has been granted, wooshka! wooshka! look up.

You know it might suprise some people to know that I am not just an obnoxious loud mouth with perfectly sculpted abdominals and a solarium tan. I also give a shit enough not to sit on my hands every time I get a fucken opinion about something. Time and time again people will sit in silence while people just shit all over there personal space, in the interest of "keeping the peace", "hey we're a peaceful community". Now don't get me wrong, I think peace is just great. It makes me all warm and gooey on the inside and sometimes the outskirts of my hands and foreskin too, but there's a big mafucker difference between keeping things peaceful and just sitting there and saying nothing while someone attempts to single handedly destroy the flow o' good times you got going on. I fortunately am also still mentally sound enough to be able to distinguish the difference between the INTERNET and REAL LIFE, a skill that I feel far too many people have lost. It's enough to make a man chuckle.

planthelper:

cs, i get very upset about mulgas bitching against sab, every time i read a mulga post it spoils my mood.

So what the fuck are you going to do about that? Hmmm, let me guess, you're going to sit on your hands and let the mafucker spoil your mood. Has it ever occured to you that you don't need to be Mulga's bitch?

planthelper:

cs, what's behind the mulga rants is easy,

medicine garden is not happy having sab as a new and very succsesfull competion around.

mulga is associated with mg,

get it? mulga's smear campain against sab,

could increase sales for himselfe and mg.

Are you really that naive that you believe that it is as simple as that? I find it really strange you thinking it to be that simple especially seeing as you have been around these parts long enough to know that it isn't.

planthelper:

u don't do sab a big favor either by acting the way u do,......

Ok why don't you sit down and think about exactly what I have achieved over at Ethnobotany Australia these last 5 days. For the first time since EA opening Mulga no longer has free run to slanderously defame SAB every time he feels like it, infact he probably won't be able to do it EVER again. I've had posts deleted, i've had threads deleted but most importantly MULGA HAS BEEN MODERATED and posts where he decides to rant and rave and make personal attacks on SAB an Torsten HAVE BEEN REMOVED. You know how? By not sitting on my fucking hands while Mulga shits all over the place that's how.

Now im not expecting thankyous, high fives, or blow jobs from anyone (although if anybodys offering...) Im just content in knowing that if ONE PERSON SPEAKS UP THEY CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. I changed the rules, the politics, and most importantly the HISTORY, thanks to the handy delete button.

Let me make it clear that nobody involved with SAB, especially Torsten has ever asked me to stick up for them, ever. Which is obvious. If my personal dislike for Mulga were the only reason that alone would be enough.

So don't fret planthelper, all of my 'peace interupting' posts over at EA have been removed, infact the whole threads have, even though they had nothing to do with my shit. So you can get back to your peace, love and mungbeans. I only wish I had of saved a copy of my posts. Those comments about me promising mulga's mum i'd wear a condom and shit were fucken killer. Wooshka wooshka!

planthelper:

I just wish he'd tell me why he's not talking to me *sniff* :( LOL

Have you gone retarded in the brain from licking too much vaginas woman?

-Chemical Shaman