The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Psyentist

Beware, possible delays from Gumtree seller

I recently responded to this ad on gumtree...
post-11385-0-77388600-1440116865_thumb.j
The guys name is Damien and he sent me this list...

Pc pach. Fields pachanoi. Kk339 (3 variants) rod. Sausage. Super pedro. Yowie. Psycho0. Glenrowan. Jb. J1. J2. J3. Crazy spine. Essendon. Bendigo. Oti. Rosei 1 and 2. Sharxx blue. Knuthianus. White spine. Dodie. Ben. Bruce (melted wax). Eileen. Macro. Sth au macro. Skinny. Mbn95. Hamiltons crest. Super pedroxj3 crest. Icaro. Psycho0xpc (6 variants). Thats most of the tricho clones of the top of my head. I only do bulk with pc pach and psycho0 bridgie. Pick up is best option if possible but i can post smaller amounts. Cost is usual $1 per cm on 30cm tip cuts. Some clones may not be available due to previous sales. Lophs have been overwintered and only just had their first watering so still waiting for some to plump up. Some grafted plants are ok to go

I arranged to buy some plants for $400.
I sent the money by bank transfer Monday and have not heard from him since. He has not even asked for my postage address. None of my texts have been replied to and when I've tried to call his phone has been turned off.
The ad I replied to has been removed but he has this one up at the moment...
post-11385-0-31330300-1440117298_thumb.j
Does anyone know this guy? Someone must. Any advice?
I'm not sure what to do.

post-11385-0-77388600-1440116865_thumb.jpg

post-11385-0-31330300-1440117298_thumb.jpg

post-11385-0-77388600-1440116865_thumb.jpg

post-11385-0-31330300-1440117298_thumb.jpg

Edited by Psyentist

Cancel the bank transfer asap, explain the situation to the bank.

Notify Gumtree immediately.

EDIT - edited the last bit in the interests of being a nicer person

Edited by olive
  • Like 3

i would be suss as he used the imperial system rather than metric 200ft pedro bullshit

A guy called [edited] screwed a bunch of people via facebook a number of months ago too. Might be the same guy. I think he has been on here for a large number of years too but I wont say the username I think he uses just yet. He was very well known on here as adding some new clones to the Aus community.

[edit] Micoz beat me to it.

[edit #2] - and before any one gets pissy with me for posting that image, it comes up with a google search of the mobile number he's using, so it's not my fault if his details are available online. I also have no idea if they're still up to date, of course.

[edit 24-08] This had been up more than long enough. If you really need to know what I edited out, PM me.

Edited by zed240
  • Like 1

This is member PD - I don't know his current situation. very sad if he is ripping people off.

• Like 2

I know he has all the plants as advertised. he may still reply and come good.

• Like 2

Sucks to hear Psy :(

I used to live a few hrs from PD and he was very generous in kick starting my collection for next to nothing. I really hope this gets sorted for you mate, nothing worse of a feeling hey. I just hope ya Mrs doesn't know yet given the Tupperware container reaction hehe!!

• Like 1

Cancel the bank transfer asap, explain the situation to the bank.

if the money has transferred already the recipient is under no obligation to even acknowledge the money arrived. The bank will just say that as far as they are concerned the money was transferred correctly. <-- this applies to values under $100,000

its still worth calling the bank though it may still be in limbo.

• Like 2

maybe someone off here will let him know and all will be schweeeet.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys.

I've contacted gumtree and the bank. But because I was silly enough to deposit the cash in person at a branch there's nothing the bank can do. They advised me to contact police and make a report.

I know it's a bit early to cry thief just yet, like you say watertrade, he could come good and reply, maybe unforeseen circumstances. I just got a bad feeling with the lack of interest in my address and the uncontactableness. Even more so now after reading some of this.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see and if I don't hear from him I suppose the only thing I can do is make a report to the police. Maybe they've had a few others about him and might look into it?

Also, hah, dood! This was out of my tax return and I'd convinced her I needed them. She'll be pissed off, but not at me. :)

It sucks but hopefully it will work out. Sounds like he is a decent guy mostly. He seemed cool and trustworthy on the phone.

If you read this at all damien, get back to me and we'll try and sort it out.

So we've established who it is. Does the thread title still need his phone number and bank details there for the world to see ?

I understand you are pissed off Psyentist and rightly so, but I can't see having his personal details up for grabs helping the situation. There's enough info there for an identity theif to have a field day.

I can send you a KK339 cut if that will help in any way.

I've edited out his bank details but I believe his phone number should stay as a warning to others who may ring it.

And I will re-edit the bank details back in if it isn't sorted out as a warning to others not to transfer money into that account.

Thanks for the kind offer Sally, very much appreciated, but I think there are others who would want that cut more than me. I don't want to be greedy.

Edited by Psyentist

please don't put the bank details in. it's pretty sensitive information and people trust you not to just go spreading it out after they've given it to you. personally I'd be hesitant to give you that information again knowing you don't value privacy.

If you don't plan to steal from me then you should have no hesitation in giving me that information.

Trust is a two-way street and I believe theft null and voids any privacy.

[edit: I also believe it is legitimate information to post as a warning to others not to transfer money into that account as it is easy to change your online name or your phone number but not so easy to change your bank account. I will give him 10 days to contact me before I take my warning to facebook and make a report to the police.]

Edited by Psyentist

seems ripping people off online is ok.

can be quite epidemic at times.

who would accept this at a shop front, who would accept this when you have paid in good faith and it is the vendors responsibility to keep the bargain and deliver the goods whilst remaining in contact.

the more we all voice our disappointment in trades, esp when they are in the 100'$ then with time the 'industry' will reform and clean up as those vendors who do not honour their obligations.

perhaps we need a dishonoured vendors thread we can reference before making large purchases.

• Like 4

Trust is a two-way street and I believe theft null and voids any privacy.

That might be your belief, but the law might not see it that way. Breaking privacy laws in an attempt to recoup a loss could backfire on you.

Please don't think I'm sticking up for PD Psyientist, I believe you have a genuine gripe and some action needs to be taken, just not that course of action.

People not honouring trades/sales is one of my pet hates too. It's the main reason I stopped trading on here.

I hope you can get it sorted out mate.

Edited by Sally
  • Like 1

Is it breaking the law? At no time did I agree to keep it private and I didn't steal the information, he gave it to me. [edit: actually, I paid $400 for it.]

He is the one who has broke the law.

And if I do post them it won't be to recoup losses, I will have accepted it as a loss.

It will be as a warning to others.

What other way is there to reliably identify him?

Edited by Psyentist

THREAD REPORTED TO MODERATION TEAM

POSTING PERSONAL INFORMATION ON ANY MEMBER IS A HUGE EFFING NO NO

• Like 3

THREAD REPORTED TO MODERATION TEAM

POSTING PERSONAL INFORMATION ON ANY MEMBER IS A HUGE EFFING NO NO

actually, once someone has ripped another member off we don't protect them. PD has been through this several times, first fucking people over on sab, then crying to come back, then ripping people off again and telling us all to get fucked. Now he is using ebay and gumtree to do the same.

If he doesn't want his details plastered here then maybe he should stop ripping people off. Just a thought.

As for legal liability, as long as psyentists does not post anything untrue I can't see how there could be any libel [there are certainly plenty of historical records to support his statement]. I am pretty sure he has not entered into any privacy agreements in such a trade on gumtree, so can't see any problem there either.

Mind you, monday is only 4 days, so maybe a little soon to cry thief. What are the gumtree rules on responses?

• Like 4

Some one I know made a large order and they were recieved. Hopefully it was just a mistake or delay.

• Like 2

I hope it was just a mistake or delay too.

And like I said earlier, I know it hasn't been that long. It's just this deal was about a month in the making and he was very responsive before now. He just went suspiciously quiet when I asked when he thought he would get a chance to post them. And going by past history it could be a problem.

Again, like I said earlier, if he hasn't contacted me in 10 days I'll consider myself ripped off.

Hey guys,

I took the personal address out of the title. Please do not post personal data again.

Psyentist, very sorry to hear about yet another problematic deal from PD. That´s the reason we were not really confident with having PD going back to trading here at SAB and it seems like it was the right thing to do. That being said...though he is slack, he is not an evil person and I am pretty confident he´ll deliver at some point.

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 5

I was thinking that it may have breached the privacy act, but after a 5 minute crash course on the privacy act, it seems to be specifically worded to apply to disclosure of information by government bodies and corporations ect. I couldn't find anything specific in the act that would relate to this situation so maybe I was talking out of my arse there.