The Corroboree

you could also make zinc anodes with cheap zinc sulfate and a solar cell. Letting them create themselves whilst you work on your greenhouse. Though I suspect their optimum performance might vary with environmental factors in differing area's, such as soil types and PH.

I like the idea of making them this way as with the varying voltage provided naturally by the sun, The zinc will grow at different structures and densities providing massive surface area =)

Speaking of solar cells, we welcome the other half of the known electrical protection systems. By providing voltage to the structure=)

Edited by ghosty

Hey Guys, thanks for your input. Some of this probably exceeds my level of craftmanship. When it´s about building stuff with my hands, I am on the level of a potato with hands. Some friends are coming over in a couple of minutes and we´ll build the rest of the greenhouse.

Yesterday, I added two layers of construction foil to block the worst roots from coming through and put in all the stones I had. But I realized I do not have enough and will probably have to add another 250 kilos of gravel for the flooring. I wasnt really confident that the concrete would withstand the roots of the Robinia Pseudoacacias that were growing there before. You know they are known to produce root offshoots and are almost impossible to get rid of. That´s why I felt like it might be a good idea to put in as much gravel as needed to provide a floor. Well yeah, we´ll see how it goes. It´s not a problem to cement the floor if this doesnt work out.

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 1

When it´s about building stuff with my hands, I am on the level of a potato with hands.

:P

my tip is get a sturdy wheelbarrow

because bikes can be trickypost-4664-0-85763500-1440231060_thumb.jp

and ya gunna need some security around that greenhouse right?post-4664-0-43615200-1440231150_thumb.jp

then there's gfpost-4664-0-10610100-1440231200_thumb.jp

also you'll need weed suppression tacticspost-4664-0-05408800-1440231267_thumb.jp

and finally the barrow loads of cactoosespost-4664-0-90750900-1440231399_thumb.jp

respekt da egg

f8315dd3wheelbarrow1.jpg

Wheelbarrow-Monkeys-Funny-Monkeys1.jpg

desktop-14364676291.jpg

hqdefault1.jpg

p10502081.jpg

f8315dd3wheelbarrow1.jpg

Wheelbarrow-Monkeys-Funny-Monkeys1.jpg

desktop-14364676291.jpg

hqdefault1.jpg

p10502081.jpg

• Like 8

When it´s about building stuff with my hands, I am on the level of a potato with hands.

:P

my tip is get a sturdy wheelbarrow

because bikes can be trickyattachicon.giff8315dd3wheelbarrow1.jpg

and ya gunna need some security around that greenhouse right?attachicon.gifWheelbarrow-Monkeys-Funny-Monkeys1.jpg

then there's gfattachicon.gifdesktop-14364676291.jpg

also you'll need weed suppression tacticsattachicon.gifhqdefault1.jpg

and finally the barrow loads of cactoosesattachicon.gifp10502081.jpg

respekt da egg

Eth you really are a funny fucker:)

In the best possible way....

Edited by Getafix
  • Like 1

Hey Guys, was a horror hardcore day with the parents of my gf and nothing worked out like it should have. Have bleeding hands and am halfway through now. Some things don´t look very even on both sides, so I can really not say if I´ll be able to put the roof on the shaky construction that I´ve put together. More pics tomorrow. Been like 14 hours in the glazing sun and only a been can keep me from burning it down. At one point I tried to screw the screws in with the sledgehammer. Not even joking.

• Like 1

At one point I tried to screw the screws in with the sledgehammer. Not even joking.

At work we call that the american screwdriver LOL

• Like 4

Hi Guys, the whole week was like a ride on a rollercoaster. I was putting together the greenhouse in the pouring rain and when I finally got everything together, a storm came up and blew it over. I am literally writing this after finding my greenhouse collapsed and some of the PVC sheets were bent or partially broken. l´ll probably spend the whole day trying to get it more stable but I am not sure if I´ll succeed with that. I am really not an expert in building greenhouses but a large part of the blame goes to this totally instable greenhouse model, which is overpriced and now forces me to buy an additional windset for 90 bucks that should have been part of the whole shithouse to begin with. I´ll also glue the PVC sheets into the frame because that´s probably the only way I can get them to stay inside when there´s wind. If the greenhouse falls apart at slow winds like the ones we had yesterday, there is no way in the world it will survive the winter. This is ridiculous and I am really pissed about the low quality of the whole thing. Spent like 600 Euros and for that money it should fucking stand.

Dude, just make sure you keep your dog outta there when you get it all finished. That story of your dog eating one of your loph is still about the funniest thing I've ever read.

fk man i really feel bad for you. fly me over and ill fix it for you.

They are surprisingly difficult, when i put mine up i did a few little things to make it stronger and one of those things is the silicon all the panels in. They would be one of the hardest kit things i ever put together.

Hi Guys, the whole week was like a ride on a rollercoaster. I was putting together the greenhouse in the pouring rain and when I finally got everything together, a storm came up and blew it over. I am literally writing this after finding my greenhouse collapsed and some of the PVC sheets were bent or partially broken. l´ll probably spend the whole day trying to get it more stable but I am not sure if I´ll succeed with that. I am really not an expert in building greenhouses but a large part of the blame goes to this totally instable greenhouse model, which is overpriced and now forces me to buy an additional windset for 90 bucks that should have been part of the whole shithouse to begin with. I´ll also glue the PVC sheets into the frame because that´s probably the only way I can get them to stay inside when there´s wind. If the greenhouse falls apart at slow winds like the ones we had yesterday, there is no way in the world it will survive the winter. This is ridiculous and I am really pissed about the low quality of the whole thing. Spent like 600 Euros and for that money it should fucking stand.

Just a little hurdle EG. :wink: Think of how useful it will be once it's sorted. Don't give up. :) . I really hope it isn't as crap as you make it sound in your frustrated post, lol.

It sounds like it's going to need some extra diagonal bracing EG.

A diagonal cross structure on each wall can greatly stiffen up an otherwise flismy structure. You can buy rolls of galvanised strip over here in hardware stores for that purpose. There would be something similar over there too I'd imagine.

i cut a lot of little gussets when i put mine together. they're kinda flimsy to put together until they're all finished and a few gussets tek screwed in really helped me put it together especially as i put it together on my own.

Edited by El presidente Hillbillios
spelling

Hey Guys, some of the side panels were upside down, which is why it ended up collapsing during the storm. I now spent another day getting everything right and added some additional screws and metal rods to give it some more structure. I am surprised because it actually looks really good now. But I´ll still buy the additional wind protection set for like 80 bucks or so, just to make sure it survives the winter. We had a storm when I was building the greenhouse, what made it kinda hard to set everything up. I was working in the pouring and every minute or so I had some pretty bad gusts of wind, what made it hard to get everything together.

Nonetheless, everything looks stable now and I´ll add the roof panels later today. :)

• Like 4

:) great to hear! cant wait to see the pics. think of all the knowledge you have gained for the next thing you build :P

• Like 1

Hey Guys! Here is the final greenhouse. It´s not perfect and there were some big problems during the construction but I am still glad I could get it together somehow. Live and learn...the next one will be better.

post-1140-0-54570500-1440707297_thumb.jp

post-1140-0-54570500-1440707297_thumb.jpg

post-1140-0-54570500-1440707297_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

Bob the builder would be proud :-)

• Like 1

Ha Ha, thanks Guys. Truth be told...this is the good side. :P

But can´t wait to use it. We´ve already reached the end of the summer in Germany and it was insanely hot in the greenhouse. Gotta be careful that the temps aren´t getting too hot in there. This is my second greenhouse but the other one is located in a shadier area, which is why I use it to raise the seedlings. And this one will be for the bigger and more mature plants.

• Like 1

Looks awesome mate!

Can't wait to see it when it's full.

:drool2:

• Like 1