The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
DeadStar

Having a sook to strangers

Is it from an ingrown hair in that little crevice where your coccyx ends and bum cheeks begin? (dunno if everyone has that little crevice :scratchhead: ...Not saying i have one... but just say'n. ) I know quite a few people who had had issues with this area.

Not at the top of the crack but down closer to the butthole and about the size of a golfball (to graphic?). I was told it could of been a ingrown hair that starteded it.

My brother has had a abcess where you speak off amz and im say'n he has that little crevice :-)

i had a spiky seed in the top of my crevice once (you mean the crevice from which independent buttocks arise? AKA coinslot? no, i think you refer to residual tail, which is not quite as common as ass-crack). this seed was embedded so severely i didn't know what it was and i was afraid to pull it out for months; it seemed like a part of me, perhaps a mole or growth you know, and it felt like tearing off a tweezer-ful of my own flesh.

perfect thread to share this story. thanks for reminding me amzino.

How did you get a seed stuck there? Do you sleep in a bed of lucerne hay;-)

Hope you get better asap mate. Thinkin of you and the family it must be tough.

Thanks dood, its been a bit ruff but we are trying to stay positive.

Once the arse heals, i start on the back

It been a good morning. Workcover has been approved.

So now the wheels should turn a bit faster than they have been in the public sector.

• Like 1

Aww man i feel for ya back injuries suck, I crushed my t12 and have a few disks that slip in and out sometime's.During recovery I stayed away from the meds they handed out and went herbal.Recoveries a long road dude try to keep on truckin and stay positive! :wink:

Thanks mrduke, by the sounds of it you having a ruff trot also and i wish you well.

It has not been fun but i am staying positive with the help of family and the well wishes from thee SAB comunity.

Ive stayed away from the opiates as much as i can and have been using alternative medicines but there are times when oxys are the only thing that gets me up and moving after i have overdone it a bit the day before.

Off to a private neurosurgeon tomorrow after all the independent pokers and proders decided to accept my claim :-)

• Like 1

Mate I feel for you , I have had rather severe back pain associated with a bulging L5. It was intermittent for years until 2 years ago when it decided to hang around permanent style. It can really make one miserable. I've been taking Celebrex and the max daily of Tramadol. I have to say whilst Tram does not take away my pain it helps and on top of that is a fantastic mood stabiliser. There's a lot of talk online with regards to it being used as an antidepressant. I have also found that I have not had issues with reduction in Tramadol dosing, simply means my pain levels increase but I have noticed no withdrawal type effects that many complain of. What is most interesting of late is I finally bit the bullet and started to take lyrica as well after being told to by 3 different docs to do so.I just didn't want to be taking another med. Turns out the stuff is pretty damn good so far, has reduce my pain considerably and I've only been taking it for a couple of weeks at low dose. It also appears to be useful for generalised anxiety and apparently can aid in sleep. read up on Pregabalin it's interesting stuff. Only side effect so far for me is the occasional dry mouth but that's a sweet trade for the pain reduction. I actually had little faith in the stuff but so far so good.

When I was in the depth of despair with my ruptured disks I found some research that dated back to the 1940/50's and it all suggested that the effects of opiates can be increased by the addition of a stimulate prescribed at the same time. Opiates and stimulants have a long documented history of mediating spinal pain and many other forms of intense pain when administered together.

Fuck all that though, your disks have prolapsed/ruptured because of a lack of cellular integrity of the cell walls in the structures of the disks.. A basic collagen deficiency .

Your body needs high levels of vitamin c (sodium ascorbate), and glycine + proline (gelatin) to recover from this problem.

Sometimes surgery is the best way to go, but get that vit c into yourself post op and never go back.

• Like 1

or switching from muscle meats to sinewy cuts because muscle meat, if i'm not getting confused, lacks the appropriate glycine ratio.

it's interesting you mention proline because supplement manufacturers are starting to peddle it, not necessarily for general bodybuilding but for injury recovery.

cooking with bones:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/cooking-with-bones/#axzz3ipWa54py

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 1

Yeah that's pretty well sums it up TI.

Our modern dietary recommendations suggest nothing but skinless muscle meat is acceptable. Even 100 years ago our ancestors would kill an animal for food and eat the whole thing, even the bones would be used for soups and stocks etc. Eating just a select few cuts is leaving our diets lacking and unbalanced in many respects.

Rebuilding cartilage is a long slow process, and I can't really see additional glycine and or proline as something that will achieve that in a short time, but it does supply the building blocks needed to slowly rebuild cartilage if adequate vitamin c is circulating in your system to help put the pieces together.

One of the main advantages of gelatin is its anti inflammatory effect. It modulates serotonin levels and helps the healing process. Healing is much slower under the influence of serotonin imbalances & the resulting inflammation.

I'm always a bit hesitant to quote Ray Peat ( an endocrinology teacher) as he's on the record stating some incorrect information (mainly regarding fatty acids) but he sums up the relationship between amino acids like glycine & proline and their effects on serotonin levels in regards to inflammatory syndromes and nerve modification much better than I ever could.

http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/gelatin.shtml

• Like 3

What is most interesting of late is I finally bit the bullet and started to take lyrica as well after being told to by 3 different docs to do so.I just didn't want to be taking another med. Turns out the stuff is pretty damn good so far, has reduce my pain considerably and I've only been taking it for a couple of weeks at low dose. It also appears to be useful for generalised anxiety and apparently can aid in sleep. read up on Pregabalin it's interesting stuff. Only side effect so far for me is the occasional dry mouth but that's a sweet trade for the pain reduction. I actually had little faith in the stuff but so far so good.

I know the feeling having to take so many different tablets. My eating times are all over the place and most of my meds need a full or empty stomach to take them. So im awful at sticking to a regular med timetable.

I was prescribed lyrica yesterday and will let you know how it does

You get well also :-)

Thats for all the suggestions guys and girls.

It has kept me positive knowing that people care and that there are many ways to takle this injury.

I use to do alot of slow cooking with dirt cheap tougher cuts of meat but since masterchef and the likes. The cheaper cuts that need a long time cooking to break down all the goodness are now fashionable and $$$

or switching from muscle meats to sinewy cuts because muscle meat, if i'm not getting confused, lacks the appropriate glycine ratio.

it's interesting you mention proline because supplement manufacturers are starting to peddle it, not necessarily for general bodybuilding but for injury recovery.

cooking with bones:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/cooking-with-bones/#axzz3ipWa54py

Wow that's given me another good reason to get back into making more soups from scratch usibg chicken, bacon, beef bones. I love that with soups you can add any and all herbs, seasoning, spagyrics, tinctures, extracts as you like! Also I turmeric the SHIT out of any soup I make. With black pepper of course. Cooking can be so much like alchemistry it gets my un-science-learned ass all shivery and excited lol.

• Like 3

I use to do alot of slow cooking with dirt cheap tougher cuts of meat but since masterchef and the likes. The cheaper cuts that need a long time cooking to break down all the goodness are now fashionable and $$$

I used to cook a lot of cheaper cuts until Jamie Oliver and other celebrity chefs started extolling the virtues of "cheaper" cuts too.

Now a lamb shoulder is around $20, I reckon I could buy the whole fucking sheep for that price. I'm no butcher but I reckon I could hack one up as good as the next bloke.

These days a bag of soup bones goes for around $8 a kilo at the supermarket. A few years ago that shit was carted off for pet food, now it's a gourmet delight.

Dam that jamie oliver and his cheeky grin making my food more expensive

Edited by DeadStar
  • Like 1

I've started walking each afternoon for about 1hr. Im a bit slow and i hobble a bit but it feels good to be out and about again.

post-9477-0-28408600-1440140947_thumb.jp post-9477-0-61237800-1440141050_thumb.jp post-9477-0-85548900-1440141154_thumb.jp

post-9477-0-28408600-1440140947_thumb.jpg

post-9477-0-61237800-1440141050_thumb.jpg

post-9477-0-85548900-1440141154_thumb.jpg

post-9477-0-28408600-1440140947_thumb.jpg

post-9477-0-61237800-1440141050_thumb.jpg

post-9477-0-85548900-1440141154_thumb.jpg

Edited by DeadStar
  • Like 6

Deadstar,

Have been reading your posts and and have been meaning for sometime to offer some encouragement from a fellow sufferer.

My backs fucked. I am 43, had my first back surgery for exactly your issues at 23 and last October I had my second lot of surgery on the same discs.

I still lead a pretty active life, ride dirtbikes most weekends, have a big garden I suffer for regularly etc.

I know how debilitating physically and mentally these injuries are. I was living in NZ at the time my back gave up and had 3 years off work while they tried every type of treatment. Back then back surgery on a young person was last resort though clearly what was needed. My marriage fell apart and a whole host of other shit went sideways due to my inability to cope with being immobolised when I had been such an active person. I really feel and understand your despair. The constant pain is draining to say the least.

Surgery improved my life no end to the point I almost forgot my limitations and last year blew it again. Pregabalin helped immensely last year. I worked up till the day of my surgery on that shit so if you can take it, do it.

Back is now 60%. I still ride all the time. Good days, bad days but once you accept this is how it is you just get on with it. I still live in a degree of constant pain of which there is no point complaining about, it is what it is, but at this point i'm still doing all the things I want but am much more conscious of my limitations.

No offence to any previous posters but for fucks sake stay a million miles away from the weights! Walking, swimming are great. Swimming especially for your core strength.

Anyway the surgery will be a godsend though not a cure and if you are careful you will have many many years of post surgery relief.

I hope it all goes well for you mate.

Getafix

• Like 3

Awesome that you're up & about, take it easy with the exercise & don't overdo it just because of the novelty of being able to move again! It's easy to do - when you're limping around or whatever you're moving clumsily, putting strain on different muscles that aren't used to it. If you're moving awkwardly I'd say try to slow down your movements until they're smoother (even if this means walking in silly ultra slo-mo), and save your real exercise for something where your movements are ok like swimming or tai chi or something where you pay a lot of attention to your body - particularly your posture & pain levels. With walking it's too easy to do it mindlessly & just zone out & not think about how your body has different needs right now than you're used to. I managed to get all sorts of sprains & RSIs from limping & using walking aids carelessly, trying to keep up a normal walking pace when my body just wasn't up to it. So don't worry about moving slow, slow is good. :)

I suggest the motorised esky option. I do believe a large quantity of pain relief can be carried via this means of transport :)

• Like 2

Deadstar,

Have been reading your posts and and have been meaning for sometime to offer some encouragement from a fellow sufferer.

My backs fucked. I am 43, had my first back surgery for exactly your issues at 23 and last October I had my second lot of surgery on the same discs.

I still lead a pretty active life, ride dirtbikes most weekends, have a big garden I suffer for regularly etc.

I know how debilitating physically and mentally these injuries are. I was living in NZ at the time my back gave up and had 3 years off work while they tried every type of treatment. Back then back surgery on a young person was last resort though clearly what was needed. My marriage fell apart and a whole host of other shit went sideways due to my inability to cope with being immobolised when I had been such an active person. I really feel and understand your despair. The constant pain is draining to say the least.

Surgery improved my life no end to the point I almost forgot my limitations and last year blew it again. Pregabalin helped immensely last year. I worked up till the day of my surgery on that shit so if you can take it, do it.

Back is now 60%. I still ride all the time. Good days, bad days but once you accept this is how it is you just get on with it. I still live in a degree of constant pain of which there is no point complaining about, it is what it is, but at this point i'm still doing all the things I want but am much more conscious of my limitations.

No offence to any previous posters but for fucks sake stay a million miles away from the weights! Walking, swimming are great. Swimming especially for your core strength.

Anyway the surgery will be a godsend though not a cure and if you are careful you will have many many years of post surgery relief.

I hope it all goes well for you mate.

Getafix

Thanks for the support getafix,

Im sorry your injury cost you so much and took so long to recover. Im hoping i can be back at work a bit quicker than 3 years.

I ride bikes aswell and i was thinking i might have to stop riding sports bikes and get a cruiser. There a bit freindler on the spine.

I was told that sometimes these type of injuries can heal themself over time but my neurosurgeon doesn't think i fall into that category. So i need more MRI's before they decide to operate.

• Like 1

Awesome that you're up & about, take it easy with the exercise & don't overdo it just because of the novelty of being able to move again! It's easy to do - when you're limping around or whatever you're moving clumsily, putting strain on different muscles that aren't used to it. If you're moving awkwardly I'd say try to slow down your movements until they're smoother (even if this means walking in silly ultra slo-mo), and save your real exercise for something where your movements are ok like swimming or tai chi or something where you pay a lot of attention to your body - particularly your posture & pain levels. With walking it's too easy to do it mindlessly & just zone out & not think about how your body has different needs right now than you're used to. I managed to get all sorts of sprains & RSIs from limping & using walking aids carelessly, trying to keep up a normal walking pace when my body just wasn't up to it. So don't worry about moving slow, slow is good. :)

Im trying not to overdo it to much but like you say the novelty of be able to move about is hard to resist.

Im looking at getting a membership to a swimming pool close by. I even found out i could claim it

I was so embarrassed. I started to drool on the pillow they gave me to rest my head on as soon as the needle entered my back. It was all i could do because i was told not to move even a couple of mm or they would have to start again.

post-9477-0-62454800-1446788575_thumb.jp

post-9477-0-62454800-1446788575_thumb.jpg

post-9477-0-62454800-1446788575_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I like the way you think

I fckn hate needles....lol

Nothing to be embarrassed about mate. If you jizzed that might be different :o