The Corroboree
incognito

Incognitos Fishing Safari

Hi :)

Well I know we have a few keen fisherpeoples on here,

Thought I'd put it out there if folks are keen to come for a fish with me on the Lachlan river. I'm about 4 hrs from sydney and 2.5 hrs from canberra. Will be targeting Murray cod and yellow belly catch and release maybe keep one or two for the campfire. I'm thinking early spring? (Unless that falls within codseason. Have a corker of a spot camping is no worries. I guess once we have defined the cod season (does it matter ? If it falls within it we just catch and release) and interest we can then start throwing around some dates. I'm keen, are you?

• Like 2

I dont think you can target cod until after december 1. their breeding season finishes at this time.

Enjoy the camping and good luck catching some cod. Its been on my want to catch list for some time. I cant seem to get past the carp and redfin.

Have you heard that cheese cubes are a good cod bait or is that common knowledge?

Edited by DeadStar

Ideally you wanna attract shrimp/yabbies to your bait then the cod takes it. Not the actual bait but they take the shrimp that are taking the cheese. I know blokes who only use dog biscuits... Fark they catch some cod too !

Edited by theuserformallyknownasd00d

When I was little, my dad used to read me this story book about a guy who catches this massive Murray cod, then makes a house with the skeleton and lives in it. I've always held the mighty cod in awe since then, although I've never seen one up close and personal.

• Like 2

you use to be able to buy moulds for making "cheese grubs". They were marketed for cod...lol...caught a few trout with them though. Probably still can? Mozzarella Cheese grubs...lol

Yeah I'm keen too.

Can I bring my boat? I like sleeping in it.

• Like 1

I reckon the chinkling of nangs might scare the fish!

• Like 2

Sure man boat is okay though a kayak would be more practical. Yah cheese works wonders but my nephews catch em just about anything. Lures are a go but heaps of snags so be prepared to lose 100 buks worth before ur first nang of the day. I'm prepared to get some fishing caps made up.

I know of two currajongs that are riddled with grubs we can use, heaps of yabbies and u can catch shrimp in the river. There's also a winery not that far.

Edited by incognito

Hey Incog,

Wish this was a little closer to home.

I'm a mad keen fisherman. Would love to catch and release some of those beautiful Cod.

Getafix

• Like 1

Wait a min, cannoes, wilderness, fishing trips, Squealing piggies. Have i seen this movie before?

• Like 4

I think it would be a wild hybrid of the above two movies, maybe throw in most dick and free willy as well.