The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Tripyamine

How to fuck with the elderly 101

Found this today, nowhere else but the gold coast

Hopefully you all get a laugh out of this, I know I still am and I found this at 10am

http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/news/veterans-outraged-at-red-nazi-flag-raised-at-a-burleigh-waters-home/story-fnj94j0t-1227322092600

Veterans outraged at red Nazi flag raised at a Burleigh Waters home
  • JACK HOUGHTON AND ANDREW POTTS
  • GOLD COAST BULLETIN
  • APRIL 27, 2015 12:00AM
091247-60cb4846-ebe1-11e4-965f-f9f6f9849

Burleigh Waters couple Patrick and Doreen Hinks are disgusted at their neighbour who raised a Nazi flag over the Anzac Day weekend.

A BURLEIGH WATERS man has infuriated his neighbours by flying a red Nazi flag in his backyard over the Anzac weekend.

Elderly couple Patrick, 80, and Doreen Hinks, 79, woke early on Sunday morning to find the red Nazi flag fluttering in the wind by their backyard.

092518-5d4d3fd0-ebe1-11e4-965f-f9f6f9849

Burleigh Waters couple Patrick and Doreen Hinks are disgusted at their neighbour who flew a Nazi flag on the Anzac Day weekend.

The pair said they had been embroiled in a bitter dispute with their neighbour for more than three years and believe the Swastika was an act of retaliation.

CRUISE SHIP PROPOSAL STILL AFLOAT

“He has been trying to get us to stop flying the Australian flag in our backyard because he doesn’t like the noise it makes when he flutters,” Mrs Hinks said.

“He has taken it too far this time because we can see the Nazi flag from our living room while we are watching the Anzac coverage. It is very offensive and he doesn’t know if some of our neighbours are Jewish and lost people in the holocaust in World War II.”

091327-5e370c96-ebe1-11e4-965f-f9f6f9849

Burleigh Waters man Patrick Hinks, 80, was forced to look at a Swastika from his living room during the Anzac Day weekend.

When questioned by the Gold Coast Bulletin the man said he was within his rights to fly the flag.

“It is not against the law and I’m not doing anything wrong,” he said.

“I’ll take it down when I am good and ready.”

Mr Hinks, who runs the Burleigh Waters Neighbourhood Watch, phoned triple zero when he saw the flag but was told nothing could be done.

“Our grandson is in the army so this really bothers us,” he said.

“We just want someone to come around and talk to the guy so we don’t have to see a swastika from our living room.”

Queensland police declined to comment on the matter.

092572-61b741d8-ebe1-11e4-965f-f9f6f9849

A Nazi flag was pinned to a child’s trampoline over the Anzac Day weekend.

Burleigh RSL sub-branch president Chris Keating said he was disgusted that the “sickening” flag had been flown on the Gold Coast so soon after Anzac Day.

“It is just shameful to think of the atrocities committed by the Nazi regimen that this flag represents,” he said.

“It is pretty sick and whoever is doing it cannot be right in the bloody head. There is no law against it which is why we are a democracy but we cannot let such a sick thing like this ruin Anzac Day.”

091355-5e370c96-ebe1-11e4-965f-f9f6f9849

Burleigh Waters couple Patrick and Doreen Hinks say they have been for year fighting with their neighbour over their Australian flag.

The red, white and black flag of the Nazi party is legal in Australia and most other countries.

Ownership or restrictions on the flying of the flag is banned in several European countries including Germany, France and Hungary.

Burleigh councillor Greg Betts said he was disturbed by the flag’s use but warned the council had no power to order the flag’s removal.

“As much as I would rather not see this sort of thing, there are no laws against bad taste,” he said.

“Obviously this is a neighbourhood dispute but it is unusual that someone would go to such extreme lengths and I would rather they just sit down and talk about it.

“Neither council or any other level of government has the power to remove it because the trade-off of freedom of speech is that people can display things which are distasteful to others.”

• Like 1

Mr Hinks, who runs the Burleigh Waters Neighbourhood Watch, phoned triple zero when he saw the flag but was told nothing could be done.

too perfect

• Like 2

“He has been trying to get us to stop flying the Australian flag in our backyard because he doesn’t like the noise it makes when he flutters,” Mrs Hinks said.

A flag fluttering can get really annoying. Especially in high winds when they make quite a lot of noise. Maybe if the old bastard cared about his neighbors comfort and didn't subject him to the noise for three years this never would have happened.

[edit] - Haha! The old guy's even been hit with a $1700 council fine for the noise! hahaha!

http://m.couriermail.com.au/news/couple-face-fine-over-australian-flag-swastika-gets-green-light/story-e6freon6-1227323774881

Edited by zed240
  • Like 4

There would be a need to call 000...but that would be after I have climbed back over the fence....

• Like 3

Stoopid flags, burn them all

• Like 8

LOL. Classic. I really enjoyed noticing that they, (hinks) look like a couple of trouble-making old germans.. That's all I see. The kind that *#ked with me and my family for two years over a quiet road legal, registered pitbike I used to ride to go shopping.

Calling 000 for a flag.. hahha. Time for a home I think =)

Now, I wonder where's hink's garden? Even I want to "steal" one of his flowers =P We can only but wonder, just what kind of a hell he'd raise over that..

Bringing humor to all.

A funny thread, Thanks.

• Like 1

Disputes in my neghborhood get sorted out with weapons - knives basball bats, and sometimes even guns.

I wish I had an 80 year old neighbour like Pat with a noisy flag, compared to what I have to put up with that's enviable.

It's all well and good to have a laugh at the old boy but unless you intend to die young chances are everyone will be out of touch & surrounded by smart arse fuckwits when they get older. As you get older the world around you changes, so do people and their attitudes.

For fucks sake, how annoying can a flag be ?

• Like 1

Not as annoying as "degenerative brain dysfunction" in old peoples. Until proven otherwise, or supportive evidence is provided =)

For fucks sake, how annoying can a flag be ?

I used to live next to someone who had a flag. Like I said, when it's windy they're fucking noisy and they don't stop until the wind does, obviously.

I was lucky enough for it to be not too bad as it was on the other side of the house and I didnt have much call to hang out on that side of the garden.

In a suburban neighborhood where the pole is that close to the other neighbors backyard, (the other article shows how close his 2 poles are to their yard), it could be pretty bad if you ever liked to sit in your yard and chat or chill out.

My thoughts are; if you live in suburbia then you should have some decency and respect your neighbor's comfort. If the guy really had asked for a solution for three years and nothing had been done by the old guy at all then this is not really a very bad response. Like you said, in some neighborhoods assholes would have probably hit the old guy for much less.

By the way, I'm already out of touch, idealistic and grumpy. :innocent_n:

• Like 2

They probably have one of them statues of a minor indecently exposing himself while urinating in a pond all day.

Black, red, white & GOLD thread

• Like 1

Le watch and le enjoy / I wish i could be arsed to figure out how to embed :/

Edited by Tripyamine

While I find this article utterly hilarious, I find the use of the Nazi flag pretty distasteful.

He could have just left a flaming bag of dog shit on his doorstep or something...

• Like 1

A flag ; so what .....

but that particular flag represents a really vile regime ...... personally , I don't like it .

The elderly have to much time on there hands.

There is alot of time to fill between breakfast and a poo at 0600 then meds, dinner and bed at 1700.

And some of the old dears can hold a grudge, even once dementia has taken over.

Ive seen some elderly not recognize there child sitting next to them but remember to yell and swear at a resident they cant stand that passes by.

• Like 2