The Corroboree
Gimli

eBay/Gumtree finds

Anyone got a cutting of that lawyers Peru for sale?

am going on fri to fill ute with it.

sent you your grafting stock B, hope they do well for you mate

• Like 4

got some last time also, killer plant

20150724_112929.jpg

what are those littel solar things?

different coloured solar lights so that the garden looks groovy when the sun goes down :)

• Like 1

neat. that peru looks strikingly similar to mg red spine, btw; but you say it's a "Lawyers Peru". do you have any info on the origin of this clone?

neat. that peru looks strikingly similar to mg red spine, btw; but you say it's a "Lawyers Peru". do you have any info on the origin of this clone?

It's been growing at a lawyers place and it was there when he bought the property 13 years ago. That's all he could tell me about it last year when I went out there to get some cuts. He said it had never flowered for him. One of my cuts flowered for me last summer though. I've sent some seeds out with it being the pollen donor. It has a very strong prostrate habit only getting a maximum of about 6 or 7 feet tall before snaking along the ground instead.

(Edit) I didn't name it anything BTW, I think "lawyer's peru" has just stuck for now as a way to identify it. I'm certain lots of people would have this clone with a different name or no name at all.

Edited by zed240
  • Like 4

Mate can i ask how large was the cutting that you had that flowered and was it before or after it rooted?

Pretty sure without checking that i have the pc x lawyers or vice/versa did you do any other crosses?

Nice work captain any which way

Cheers b

• Like 1

Mate can i ask how large was the cutting that you had that flowered and was it before or after it rooted?

Pretty sure without checking that i have the pc x lawyers or vice/versa did you do any other crosses?

Hey there B!

The cut was slightly over a metre, it would have been rooting in the ground for no more than 4 months or so when it flowered.

And yes, any PC X Peru seeds I sent out were pollinated with this peruvianus. I also had a fruit of Yowie X Peru which was this peru's pollen but only Zelly and I have those seeds so far. The fruit was TINY and I also left it way too long in the fridge and had to dig the seeds out of the sticky flesh to send to him.... whoops! So I'm yet to sow any of those myself too. But I may send a few of those out to lucky people once I dig the rest of the seeds out of the dried fruit in the near future.

Pics of the "lawyer peru" flowering. (it didn't accept any of the pollen I tried to give it unfortunately)

post-13830-0-67468600-1441631312_thumb.j post-13830-0-48102300-1441631927_thumb.j post-13830-0-17262800-1441631932_thumb.j

post-13830-0-67468600-1441631312_thumb.jpg

post-13830-0-48102300-1441631927_thumb.jpg

post-13830-0-17262800-1441631932_thumb.jpg

post-13830-0-67468600-1441631312_thumb.jpg

post-13830-0-48102300-1441631927_thumb.jpg

post-13830-0-17262800-1441631932_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

I find the price roller-coaster on e-bay to be amusing at times. I like to keep an eye out for interesting mutants, even if I already posses one, just in case the price is right. Two years ago I bit the bullet and purchased a 12" T. schaferi monstrose for $100, since they don't seem to come up often. Earlier this year I was able to purchase a 5" cutting for about $35, a slightly better deal per inch, but even better deal when I considered how much the 12 incher had grown in two years.

So, when a small specimen came up (~2") at the end of last month for pretty cheap I thought I'd go for it. When the price was bid up to about $15 plus shipping I decided to quit, and it eventually sold for $31. Shortly there after the seller posted another slightly larger cutting (4.5"). Similar story, I bid, then stopped once the price went over about $20. So today after it ended I checked to see how much it ended going for. I was shocked to see that it sold for almost $150 with shipping. Seeing this made me feel a lot better about the 12 incher I bought two years ago.

post-11556-0-74448500-1442255496_thumb.j

post-11556-0-85894400-1442255504_thumb.j

post-11556-0-74448500-1442255496_thumb.jpg

post-11556-0-85894400-1442255504_thumb.jpg

post-11556-0-74448500-1442255496_thumb.jpg

post-11556-0-85894400-1442255504_thumb.jpg

Ring em zed n we'll go pick it all up

• Like 2

Kykeion you should have been watching Aus ebay recently loph caespitosa 600 + dollars , a frickin Astro onzuka over 200 dollars!! , a strombo disc 177 dollars. All nice plants but jezus. There are some people with a LOT of money to burn. I've got the above mentioned plants around same size not from ebay, it's terrible it makes my little babies look all the sexier with that dollar value attached. Like you girlfriend winning the lotto, you already thought she was cute but she just got a little cuter! I fuckin hate money it twists the soul. Not sure if money is the root of all evil or if evil is the root of all money.

• Like 1

Trust this guy if you choose.

Pm for info if you require the details of how this seller acquired these plants

yes

We're off to pick up a load of cactus tomoz. :)

Jeez ! over priced . Mgawd!

Thank fuck he/she cant post to W.A . it would screw the economy !

Edited by mr b.caapi
  • Like 3

I would love to know the inside gossip on that one. Did they stumble over an old collection, which they are now selling off at out of control prices?

Trust this guy if you choose.

Pm for info if you require the details of how this seller acquired these plants

They look pretty similar to the way yours are potted up. I'm guessing he bought em off you and is now flogging them for exorbitant prices?

I bought a 40+ year old Rio Grande from him that was apparently brought into the country by Bert Coppus. Obviously didn't pay anywhere near $400 but did manage to get it on "best offer". He has had some nice clumps that sold for $300 within hours of being posted.

He has posted a Ario hintonii x leuchtenburgia principis recently. Interesting cross. I wonder if it will start showing more traits than it has yet

Be very careful of the seller korini12, be very careful

He's an ex member from here that was booted quite a few years ago.