The Corroboree
mr b.caapi

origin of your name!

Nah, not in anyway "down" on anyone that can be hastily defined as an "indigo child" on the basis of being able to check most of the boxes on an online checklist. I could list a few dozen common traits and say "therefore, you are a toaster oven " too... doesn't mean theres any real merit in it. Doesn't mean anyone calling me a bit of a wanker for thinking its a "movement" or a "evolution" rather than just what it is...generational differences and a gradually increasing tolerance for self indulgence etc... is down on toaster ovens, or people that can be defined as em. Just the cheesy routine in between :P Most people I really get on with and value are "indigo" types but none of us are nongs enough to think we're in anyway "deeper" than some that doesnt feelas comfortable putting it into prose or words etc. But we will readily admit to being very dedicated to our own indulgence :D

I'm also fairly sure indigo is a dark blue rather than purple, but purple makes a nicer lookin site thats for sure. Keep ya lilac, I'm going to start my own cool universal excuse, sell heaps of books, THEN youll see muwhawha :lol:

I am down on cliquey excuse processes, and down on people spending way too much time online working out that theyre not just dreamers iwth better things to do and a low tolerance for boring people, but that they are in reality "empath" "indigo" "ADHD" "BPD" "submissive" sufferes of "lupus" or "phenylketonuria" with "multiple sensitivities" and "neotribal tendencies" dealing with cluster headaches and prone to finding "ghost orbs" on their digital photos.

Can't we just be people with particular traits? Why does everything have to be a fan club?

As Bart Simpson said "yeah, not if they were called crapweeds..."

VM

asdfasdf

Edited by Teljkon

back in 2003 I started using forums, after trying for ages to pick a unique name with yahoo I gave in. I work in an art gallery and at the time the name of the exhibition was 'watertrade'. I used this so I could get started - I never thought it would stick.

The exhibition was about the great lakes of canada being bottled and shipped overseas. (true!) WATER-TRADE.

the artist saw this as a kind of prostitution. as it was called in japan.

from wiki.

Mizu shōbai (Japanese: 水商売), or the water trade, is the traditional euphemism for the night-time entertainment business in Japan, provided by geisha, hostess or snack bars, bars, and cabarets. Kabukichō in Shinjuku, Tokyo is Japan's most famous area where one can patronize the water trade, as well as its more carnal counterpart Fūzoku (風俗, Fūzoku?) — the sex industry composed of soaplands, pink salons, health, and image clubs.

I don't really like it.

How'd I miss this topic?!?!? My name started as Mountain goat because I live in Toowoomba on the Great Dividing Range and most of my bushwalks are along the rocky ridges. But then I grew more spiritual and philosophical and became a Sage, a 'Mountain sage' plus it's an alternative name for my favourite plant which loves our mountainous conditions. My pic, well that's another boaring story...

As in Hunter S Thompson's "The Curse of Lono". As you can see from my avatar I'm a bit of a HSTophile

From Wiki:

In Hawaiian mythology, Lono is a fertility and music god who descended to Earth on a rainbow to marry Laka. In agricultural and planting traditions, Lono was identified with rain and food plants. He was one of the four gods (with Kū, Kāne, and his twin brother Kanaloa) who existed before the world was created. Lono was also the god of peace. In his honor, the great annual festival of the Makahiki was held. During this period (from October through February), all unnecessary work and war was kapu.

So he's into sex, rain, horticulture, food, peace, and he won't let you work between October and February. Definitely my kind of deity :innocent_n:

Wow - great thread! I have been meaning to knock one together to incorporate both nicknames and avitar pics, but I figured it would have been done at some point already. Whatdya know - here it is!

My name arises from a gaming name that my second cousin used to use back in the 90s (when I was a young tacker). A simple 'A-C-E' fit into most highscore blocks, and I've always liked the name (my brother in law used to use 'GOD', but I thought that'd be a bit too overbearing and cocky to use as a name, perticularly on a board as personal and even-handed as this). While 'Ace' isnt all that fitting with this forum, it is simple, easy to type and remember, and does the job for me :) Not a whole lot of symbolism, just something that I've always stuck with, perticularly in gaming and computing (somewhat fitting with an internet forum).

My avitar come from a deep passion for the band 'HIM' which I was really into when I first signed up here (less so now, but still to some extent). I had a look around for the simple 'heartagram' symbol that represents love and death within a warped pentagram. I managed to find a pic with it displayed in a somewhat 'ghostly' way across an open eye, which later lead to my first foot-quote 'Close your eyes and open your mind'. My current foot-quote is from the old rhyme 'Row, row, row your boat', which I had noticed in one of my young son's books. 'Life is but a dream' has such a resonating note to it, one which I feel describes my state of mind at the majority of times, even when my actions/communication seems to indicate otherwise (also at the majority of times). This state of peacefulness is quite hard for close family/friends to understand as I normally come across rather abrasively in reality, which is quite the opposite of how I feel (for the most part).

Edited by Ace

My name arises from a gaming name that my second cousin used to use back in the 90s (when I was a young tacker). A simple 'A-C-E' fit into most highscore blocks...

Haha, I forgot but I used to put in ACE as my high score when I was a kid (I'm thinking back to the 80's actually), but I suppose either lots of people did, or I am actually your cousin.

Life is but a dream

I used to do that too.

I am actually your cousin.

Damn, now that'd be a worry :P Lol, nah I think it's probably a fairly common highscore title (probably the easiest to type aside from the standard 'AAA'). I'm sure I've seen it from time to time at the local arcade machines (going back a few years now). Johnny, is that you?? :unsure::lol:

I managed to find a pic with it displayed in a somewhat 'ghostly' way across an open eye, which later lead to my first foot-quote 'Close your eyes and open your mind'....

he he is that an eye!?! I thought it was a wave - I figured it must have been a reference to your surfer lifestyle...

before you moved to the ACT. ;)

he he is that an eye!?! I thought it was a wave - I figured it must have been a reference to your surfer lifestyle...

before you moved to the ACT. ;)

ROFL - I think its an eye!? Nah always been here... Very sad really... Only tried surfing once, and that was on a huge long board with a crappy surf school :( Still, I'd love to do it regularly and become a surf bum :lol: Those guys always seem so chilled out.

My pic isn't very interesting, tale wise, its just what you end up with bumbling around the backyard at sunset with a digicam. No photoshopping, reality is purdy enough sometimes!

People complain about air pollution but it does make for some lovely sunsets haha.

VM

i chose yowie for many reasons i like the tales of yowies illusive stealth feirce creatures that live in the wilderness and i like the cute characters that the toys have and the uber yowie suit the army use. im childish feirce illusive :) marsha cos jono loves mepost-912-1199935028_thumb.jpg

post-912-1199935028_thumb.jpg

post-912-1199935028_thumb.jpg

"because frank's a nice name!" -john cleese

someone on here once said "that's a bit frank, frank!" which is what my name is for, it is an adjective, not my name. same as Blunt, lol. i don't like to get caught up in all manners and dont put your elbows on the table for some reason crap. all my friends know i never say please or thankyou but it doesnt mean i am a bad person, or that the sentiment isnt there, it's just that people often say it without meaning it. i find it better to mean it without saying it...if you get me.

same as when people say "howya going?" when they don't know me or care, it's just a waste of energy. and if you were to say anything other than "goodthanksyaself", such as how i really feel, they would feel awkward. so i usually say "shitty" and this makes them leave me alone.

also i like my anonymity despite not caring about being caught for anything, not that i do anything noteworthy (for real, who can be bothered tracking down some people on a forum for using some illegal plants? highly doubtful unless you have a massive grow op, which im sorry to say i don't :P).

and people always fail to correctly pronounce my name (callan) they call me callum. and even when they READ it they manage to say it wrong, "caylan". seriously people learn to speak english. for this reason i needed a fast, easily pronouncable name for when i go to boost juice and they ask my name, and for when drunk bogans demand to meet me and to not tell them a name would result in myself being beaten and my wallet stolen. therefore i say frank, which suits me fine.

i like that i was able to decode many people's names without their explanation, such as illegal brain with the DMT, vertmorpheus etc. my favourite names on here are fenris, coin, and ointment. they just sound so cool. and ointment always makes me laugh. "i am listening to ointment speak".

far out i didnt mean to write so much. sorree.

seriously people learn to speak english.

True, but it'll never happen, at least not in Australia - and scary enough as it sounds - It will only ever get worse.

Klue was actually my "tag" when I was young (ooh badass), and it kinda stuck.