The Corroboree
Bigred

Suing the police for wrongful arrest

I am considering suing the police for wrongful arrest. I was in a major car accident and i was told i could leave

the scene I went home smoked a joint about 4 hours later police came over for a drug test. I agreed but

I told them i smoke pot occasionally and considering i nearly died fuck it .So after preparing for as trial for

6 months paying a very pricy firm to represent me. So thursday i had court the judge was so pissed off at

the prosecution about my treatment and loss of my job which i held for 12 years. The judge flipped

out at the DPP and the best bit he had a bow tie on so it was thrown out in 76 seconds. Will post transcripts

but to my point i get compo now from my accident and the judge wants me to sue not my lawyer the judge.

Over the cost incured by the legal costs and my mental heath plus loss of income. Has anyone every done

this im a Law abiding citizen im just worried about retaliation from our public servicemen.

I put a submission in that i would have a trace in my system and the test was after the fact.. But i was charged with drink driving of

a level of .015 not drug driving . So i argued i was not drunk , the police said does not matter (lucky i had a chaplain with me)

I said tread carefully .Then he said i am automatically disqualifying your license. I was bit ahab and said like hell have you not heard

of without prejudice. He replied what I replied your fucking kidding me you dont know what that means. (this was in a police station in

front of the whole cop shop on cctv audio calling him a disgrace to crown and country ( he did not even know it was her majesties court)

The judge loved me as I was a bad mother fucker ten years ago . Now im the alter boy.

lucky ya still alive aye.. cant help dude sorry . good luck with the sueing the pigs /judge .

but aye fuck them . take it easy

Edited by bullit
  • Like 3

What a beautiful story,(wipes away a tear)

SLAY THOSE PIGS BRO!

• Like 2

even though we've only been given a quick version of the facts, i've gotta say i love these stories where the judge stands up for the defendant. maybe it's because you had such good representation, or maybe it was luck of the pick and you could have got a judge that sided with the cops.

• Like 1

glad your ok.....& lucky you got a good judge..............I don't have any experience here...but the judge's should be sound.

• Like 1

Doesn't sound like "wrongful arrest" to me. Sure i agree that the arrest was "wrong" in a moral sense but it sounds like you were arrested after being involved in a traffic crash and were suspected of drink/drug driving. Unless im missing something here ...

I was arrested and had to apply for bail then i put in submission after submission and the day of the trial he just threw it out.

I was kind of upset as i had a priest as a witness to me calling the cops a bunch of dumb fucks

Me"I was not drunk I do not partake "

Officer "the reason we are charging you is because of the drug trace in your system"

Me " I said tread carefully here"

Officer"we are also immediately taking your license"

Me"Have you ever heard with out prejudice "

Officer "what does that mean"

Me "you got to fucking kidding me you don't know what that means"

Officer "Dont take that tone "

Me cut him of "learn the law its not hard its your job"

Female priest "come on lets go don't start fighting please"

Me "its not my fault his iq is around room temperature"

It was like the scene out of deliverance and instead of the hillbilly rapist it was the judge

and the fat dude was the DPP it was brutal but my lawyer stop it to save her arse and

probably get him a few favors but the firm im with its now 8/0 to us at beenliegh mags

and the smile of the hillbilly with the shot gun was my lawyer

I walked out of the court room and said at the top of my voice

MEN DO NOT CRY

MEN DO NOT POUT

MEN JACK YOU IN THE FUCKING JAW
AND SAY THANKS FOR COMING OUT

The police said I had to come down I told them to punch it A arrest warrent was issued.

I am a community member involved in a lot of charity I have lost a lot of integrity.Also

I was being fortwright about it and willing to plea to driving with a drug in my system

but under section 19(1)( a) of qpenalties and sentencing act i was discharged from her

Majesties court.No case to answer at all it was also the judge who said the dpp should foot

my bill not my lawyer .I Finally can go for accident compo as my back is ruined i even have nevrve

damage in my wrist from when he crashed into me and i was beeping .Maybe the blood test for achohol

was his

We write to confirm that the writer appeared on your behalf in the Beenleigh Magistrates
Court on Thursday 9 October 2014. Pursuant to your instructions, you entered a plea of
guilty to a substituted charge of driving while having a relevant drug in your blood under
Section 79(2A) of the Transport Operations (Road Use Management) Act. The
prosecution formally offered no evidence in relation to the charge of drink driving.
The Police Prosecutor outlined to the Court the factual circumstances of the offence.
The writer made short and sharp submissions on your behalf in relation to those facts
and the personal antecedents. The following key points were explained to the Presiding
Magistrate, His Honour Mr Morgan:-
1. The charge was clearly having a relevant drug in your blood rather than you being
under the influence of a drug in any way;
There was absolutely no suggestion by the Police or witnesses that you were at
fault in relation to the vehicle accident or that you were under the influence of
alcohol or a drug;
3. You made immediate admissions to the Police in relation to the consumption of
cannabis and morphine and/or subutex which was 24 hours prior to the accident;
4. The history of the matter has resulted in significant prejudice and unfairness to
you in that you were originally charged with drink driving on 20 May and that
despite our office's submission on 18 June that a substituted charge be made, it
wasn't until prior to a summary trial that that submission was finally accepted after
a full Brief was provided;
5. The consequence of the Police charging you with an incorrect offence was that
you had lost your job as a horticulturist where you have worked in that industry for
a very long time, having obtained a Bachelor of Horticultural Sciences many years
ago; and
6. That you are currently studying towards a Bachelor of Psychological sciences

Edited by Bigred

My mate played this as i walked in a hugo boss suit

• Like 3

i ''had a mate'' which drove me into a house . long story but he/we were fucken smashed i ran of to my gurlfriends joint and he rang a mate[ which was @ my house ] to pick him up leaving the car in the frontdoor..

after 30 minutes the pigs came and blah blah after that the driver blowed a crazy amount on the breath test . he fought it in court . he won and he was guilt.

fucken bullshit this was . i know a fellow member on here was the pick up guy. anywho not saying anything but any cunt can win against the pigz..........

PS it wasnt bigred lol just a story by bullit..

Edited by bullit

Its all about how you handle your self I was a bad kid and was in trouble 10 years ago but i reformed.

Now I hate police incompetence I go up to police and copblock them when they harass people .They trick

people into giving phoney confessions that court at beenliegh a lot of people go guilty just to save time . I grew up next door

to a qc and a cheif justice so i learned a lot about police. Its a shame we should have another Fitzgerald inquiry

and a good doctor lol